Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Western Conference - Pacific Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... San Jose
 Sharks Pick up Guerin

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
jbraiter Posted - 02/27/2007 : 09:17:31
Blues trade Bill Guerin to Sharks for 1st round draft pick
12   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
PainTrain Posted - 02/28/2007 : 18:47:48
Imagine that Power Play now Guerin,Thornton and Marleau and i dont know who they use on the points and then for the second one michalek,cheechoo and bernier or pavelski thats really good good use Marleau on the point and put cheechoo up to its gonna stay #1 for a while now.
admin Posted - 02/27/2007 : 14:02:45
Sure in October Babs. But they have paid 75% of that salary already. I agree that in the off season they should dump his salary.
bablaboushka Posted - 02/27/2007 : 13:55:00
quote:
Originally posted by admin

quote:
Originally posted by bablaboushka

Nolan Schaefer could be the next Cam Ward if he was given the chance. Plus, Nabokov would free up $5 million towards the cap for SJ who are now RIGHT at the cap. I mean SJ could get all the draft picks they gave away back for Nabokov.

I totally disagree. Biron only fetched a second rounder. I think SJ is stuck with his salary and if they wanted to move it, they shouldnt expect anything more than a 2nd round pick.

Ok fine, say they only get a second-rounder. I'm still happier with that than a 14-15 record in goal that's costing SJ $5 million a year.
jbraiter Posted - 02/27/2007 : 12:35:13
I think Guerin will help make san Jose a better playoff run
admin Posted - 02/27/2007 : 12:12:22
quote:

Nolan Schaefer could be the next Cam Ward if he was given the chance. Plus, Nabokov would free up $5 million towards the cap for SJ who are now RIGHT at the cap. I mean SJ could get all the draft picks they gave away back for Nabokov.

I totally disagree. Biron only fetched a second rounder. I think SJ is stuck with his salary and if they wanted to move it, they shouldnt expect anything more than a 2nd round pick.
bablaboushka Posted - 02/27/2007 : 11:52:57
admin Posted - 02/27/2007 : 11:51:44
quote:

I hate to give up Nieminen because he was a grinder and he was extremely annoying for other teams, but to get Guerin is a very good deal. San Jose needed the Cup-winning experience and they got it in him, with the addition of Rivet, a veteran defenseman so I'm happy with what Wilson did. Add getting rid of Nabokov and this would have been a perfect trade deadline. I think that had Toskala not been injured, Nabokov would have been out the door.

Dont underestimate the advantage of having two capable goalies in the playoffs.
bablaboushka Posted - 02/27/2007 : 11:48:37
I hate to give up Nieminen because he was a grinder and he was extremely annoying for other teams, but to get Guerin is a very good deal. San Jose needed the Cup-winning experience and they got it in him, with the addition of Rivet, a veteran defenseman so I'm happy with what Wilson did. Add getting rid of Nabokov and this would have been a perfect trade deadline. I think that had Toskala not been injured, Nabokov would have been out the door.
admin Posted - 02/27/2007 : 10:41:40
Niemenin is a pain in the ass and Jay Barriball is a little guy:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/teams/players/bio/?id=5988&hubname=nhl-sharks
admin Posted - 02/27/2007 : 10:27:03
Ville Nieminen and Jay Barriball are being reported as a part of this deal.

pucker Posted - 02/27/2007 : 10:03:01
I agree. There has to be more to this. Babs is going to love this one.
Ryan Harper Posted - 02/27/2007 : 09:48:59
Its the first rounder they acquired from New Jersey. This seems too cheap. Especially considering Tkachuk.

"Some people skate to the puck. I skate to where the puck is going to be."
~Wayne Gretzky

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page