Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Is Brent Burns the NHL's best player?

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
umteman Posted - 01/19/2017 : 15:16:42
What say you?

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/brent-burns-makes-case-as-nhls-best-player-200137990.html

Did you hear about the retired proctologist? He spent 40 years saying "what's a place like this doing in a girl like you?"
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Ripley Posted - 03/02/2017 : 16:16:23
quote:
Originally posted by umteman

Or maybe he'll shave a week before the playoffs so he can start over.

That should be the rule.
umteman Posted - 03/01/2017 : 10:53:03
Or maybe he'll shave a week before the playoffs so he can start over.

Did you hear about the retired proctologist? He spent 40 years saying "what's a place like this doing in a girl like you?"
leigh Posted - 02/24/2017 : 13:32:04
quote:

I wonder what he is going to do come playoff time!

Gandalf!
umteman Posted - 02/23/2017 : 18:32:04
I wonder what he is going to do come playoff time!

Ripley Posted - 02/23/2017 : 17:22:55
quote:
Originally posted by JOSHUACANADA

This year is a clear cut reason to add a Bobby Orr trophy. Crosby and McDavid will likely take home the honours, yet the defenseman on at least 2 teams are the clearcut MVP's for there teams and arguably for the league. Not saying Crosby and McDavid aren't worthy, but when yesteryear Gretzky and Lemieux had 85-90 goals - 200 point seasons and its likely the top forward today will likely not break 50 goals or 100 points, they will likely be more celebrated for more marginal accomplishments, than there defenseman.

The accomplishments of Burns, Karlsson and Hedman (who is doing surprisingly well offensively) at this point will be marginalized, because offense from a defenseman is less celebrated, even chastised in Norris conversation for a more traditional defensive role player. Burns is putting up goals not seen from a defenseman since Coffey's heyday and Karlsson for years has been putting up points and assist numbers a a ppg rate not seen in a generation. Both should be more celebrated than they have been. A Bobby Orr Trophy would do that.

I like the idea of a Bobby Orr trophy. It would be good to have a distinction for that role. Burns really could win both this year. The sad thing is the longer he keeps doing well the longer we'll have to put up with that s***ty beard!
Alex116 Posted - 02/22/2017 : 16:16:19
Not shocking the top 3 scorers are who I'd prob have as the 3 finalists? If the vote were today, Crosby would likely get mine. BUT, Burns and McDavid wouldn't shock me as winners. It's insane what Burns is doing! He's on pace for 36 goals and with one or two really big games, it's not beyond the realm that he could pot 40. Sure, not likely, but the fact I'm even considering it is amazing!
JOSHUACANADA Posted - 02/22/2017 : 10:32:25
This year is a clear cut reason to add a Bobby Orr trophy. Crosby and McDavid will likely take home the honours, yet the defenseman on at least 2 teams are the clearcut MVP's for there teams and arguably for the league. Not saying Crosby and McDavid aren't worthy, but when yesteryear Gretzky and Lemieux had 85-90 goals - 200 point seasons and its likely the top forward today will likely not break 50 goals or 100 points, they will likely be more celebrated for more marginal accomplishments, than there defenseman.

The accomplishments of Burns, Karlsson and Hedman (who is doing surprisingly well offensively) at this point will be marginalized, because offense from a defenseman is less celebrated, even chastised in Norris conversation for a more traditional defensive role player. Burns is putting up goals not seen from a defenseman since Coffey's heyday and Karlsson for years has been putting up points and assist numbers a a ppg rate not seen in a generation. Both should be more celebrated than they have been. A Bobby Orr Trophy would do that.
leigh Posted - 02/22/2017 : 10:12:23
Its been a month since this topic popped up and man Burns is still on a tear; 3rd in the league in points, with 27 goals, and a plus 22. the closest d-man is Karlsson who is 12 points back.

You may as well give him the Norris right now. But the Hart? You could put a case up for him now but there's still 20+ games left. McDavid is probably, by definition the Hart winner at this stage. He's carrying his own team on his shoulders, more so than Burns. The opposing argument being that Burns is a d-man who is putting up forward-type numbers, but that is not a strong enough argument for winning the Hart in my opinion.
n/a Posted - 01/28/2017 : 20:26:07
Burns deserves to be in the conversation.

Crosby will be front-runner, but McDavid also there.

If Crosby continues at this pace, he will pass McDavid and win it.

Don't Leaf me hanging, Buds!
umteman Posted - 01/20/2017 : 13:24:24
And I find myself agreeing with pretty much everything you have said; except that I expect Sidney Crosby to take home his third Hart.

JOSHUACANADA Posted - 01/20/2017 : 12:22:25
quote:

What say you?

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/brent-burns-makes-case-as-nhls-best-player-200137990.html

I am ok with him leading consideration for the Norris. He is having an exceptional season and probably deserved it last year. Can't believe they gave it to Doughty, who was having a poor season compared to his other recent seasons, based on a life time achievement basis. Its like giving him a bridesmaid award, never really the best but good enough long enough to be recognised. In my opinion Burns should already have won 1 norris already. And this from a Karlsson fan. But Hart? No! McDavid to me is the closest to a lock for that award as anybody. Crosby, Price, maybe, but Burns no! He might not even be the best player on his own team.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page