Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 NHL Vezina Trophy Poll - 2016/17

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
JOSHUACANADA Posted - 03/10/2017 : 10:02:18
Who is your pick for the Vezina Trophy in 2016/17
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
JOSHUACANADA Posted - 03/11/2017 : 20:21:12
Not only is he on the list but he has 4 votes Ripley and even though I am a Senators fan, I voted Dubnyk. However since Feb 1st I challenge you to find a goaltender with a better record or stats. He only has played 30 games, but has won 21 of them with 4 shutouts due to his wifes cancer, for which he took two months off. He might not get enough to win Vezina, but he is a Masterson trophy candidate.
Ripley Posted - 03/10/2017 : 17:14:42
Not sure how Craig Anderson can make this list. He has played only 29 games with 20 wins. He's playing well but not in the same company as many of the others.

And Peter Budaj played ok for the Kings but not great. And he's been traded and has only played a single game for Tampa. I wouldn't think he's much of a contender on this.

These two players should be removed.
admin Posted - 03/10/2017 : 17:00:18
Looks great JoshuaCanada. Next time you can just add all that pertinent data in the first post below the poll. Thanks!
JOSHUACANADA Posted - 03/10/2017 : 13:54:10
Here are the stats from the initial question for those who read and respond to the comments.

Top 10 for Save % Dubnyk .932, Darling .931, Bobrovsky .931, Anderson .931, Holtby .928, Murray .923, Price .923, Gibson .922, Raanta .922, Nilsson .920

Top 10 for GAA Holtby 1.97, Dubnyk 2.03, Bobrovsky 2.05, Darling 2.13, Budaj 2.16, Anderson 2.24, Gibson 2.24, Rask 2.25, Jones 2.27, Price 2.28

Top 10 for wins and winning % - Dubnyk 35w .686%, Bobrovsky 35w .673%, Hotlby 34w .666%, Talbot 33w .559%, Jones 31w .574%, Rask 31w .584%, Price 30w .588%, Lundqvist 30w .612%, Budaj 27w .555%, Andersen 26w .481%

Top 10 for Shutouts Holtby 8, Budaj 7, Bobrovsky 6, Rask 6, Condon 5, Talbot 5, Dubnyk 5, Gibson 5, Anderson 4

I think to considered for this the goalie needs to show up highly at least 3 of these statistics and play more than half a teams games by the end of the season.
JOSHUACANADA Posted - 03/10/2017 : 13:37:23
quote:
Originally posted by admin

JoshuaCanada, this is a great poll question and we'd like to use it for the feature poll but it has too much info in it unfortunately. Just a heads up in case you would like to have future polls featured.

Check out the guidelines for feature polls http://www.pickuphockey.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3485

Regardless, thanks for the great contribution to the forums!

I could trim out the stats, but I wanted them in there for consideration. I get the mobile voters wont be able to make it thru the info, and rarely comment. I wanted to make sure it was an informed vote rather than vote for your favorite team.
admin Posted - 03/10/2017 : 12:12:21
JoshuaCanada, this is a great poll question and we'd like to use it for the feature poll but it has too much info in it unfortunately. Just a heads up in case you would like to have future polls featured.

Check out the guidelines for feature polls http://www.pickuphockey.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3485

Regardless, thanks for the great contribution to the forums!
Alex116 Posted - 03/10/2017 : 10:40:14
I agree with your 3 finalists and unless someone does something magical over the last month, I'd be shocked if these 3 aren't on the ballot.

They're really hard to pick between. You could pretty much flip a coin, though it'd have to be a round robin of the 3 of them. Lol.

I voted Dubnyk. Maybe because I'm so surprised he's the goalie he is today after what we saw in Edmonton. Fair to say he's on a far better team, but I didn't see this potential in him back then!
JOSHUACANADA Posted - 03/10/2017 : 10:21:51
I think this season is gonna come down to Dubnyk, Bobrovsky and Holtby. Without a dramatic increase for another goalie its a 3 horse race with the slight edge in my opinion to Dubnyk for now, but its close.

Dark horse's would be Matt Murray 37 games - 25 wins .676% and Craig Anderson 29 games - 20 wins .689%, who haven't played a lot of games but show up on most stats list as being in the top 10 conversation and are winning a high % of there games. They likely won't win because they wont have played enough games, but both have good stories to go along with there statistics this year that they may receive some votes.

Shout out to Scott Darling 23 - 16 .696%, who plays backup and is leading Crawford in all stats except games played and Games won in Chicago, as well as Peter Budaj 52 - 27 .519% who have had incredible seasons, but not enough to be in the race.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page