Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Trophy Races

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
ryan93 Posted - 03/14/2017 : 07:02:53
I don't remember a year where the the races for individual awards were so tight. With only a dozen or so games remaining for each team, there is still a lot to be decided.

Starting with the Art Ross, what appeared to be a 2 way race between McDavid & Crosby a couple weeks ago, now has 5 players within 3 points.

McDavid 75 points
Crosby 74 points
Marchand 74 points
Kane 73 points
Malkin 72 points

The race for the Rocket is just as close, with Nova Scotia's Sidney Crosby & Brad Marchand tied for the lead, with 5 others just a hat trick behind.

Crosby 35 goals
Marchand 35 goals
Laine 33 goals
Pacioretty 33 goals
Malkin 33 goals
Tarasenko 32 goals
Atkinson 32 goals

The races will be tight for the other awards as well, some of which will surely come down to the wire...

Hart...McDavid? Crosby? Someone else?
Calder...Laine or Matthews?
Vezina...Dubnyk? Holtby? Bobrovsky?
Norris...is it too late for Karlsson to catch Burns

Who does everyone expect to come out on top in the race for both the Rocket and Art Ross. What about the rest of the trophies, who do you think both should and/or will win?

26   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
JOSHUACANADA Posted - 05/02/2017 : 11:45:34
quote:
Originally posted by ryan93

McDavid, Bobrovsky & Crosby for the Hart. All 3 had terrific seasons, but I think a case could be made for Erik Karlsson as well.

I am ok that he didn't get Hart consideration, although he deserved to be close to the ballot. I am also glad that Burns didn't either, because that I believe means the Norris win as well.
Alex116 Posted - 05/02/2017 : 08:21:41
quote:

McDavid, Bobrovsky & Crosby for the Hart. All 3 had terrific seasons, but I think a case could be made for Erik Karlsson as well.

Bob eh? Pretty much has to solidify his Vezina then, no?
ryan93 Posted - 05/01/2017 : 18:52:04
JOSHUACANADA Posted - 04/27/2017 : 12:10:54
quote:
Originally posted by defobust

For once I will agree with a Ottawa fan. Karlsson was beast on both ends of the ice this season. Without him and an excellent year from Anderson this team doesnt sniff the playoffs. He dominated on both ends of the ice and I have a feeling if he plays every game like burns does he would have passed him in points as Burns really fell off the last month of the season. Either way it will be a very tight vote and a shame for Hedman who had a great season as well but does not stand a chance at winning this one.

Sean K

No shame if Hedman were to win it out of nowhere, as he was a beast in the final 1/3 of the season.
defobust Posted - 04/27/2017 : 06:58:30
For once I will agree with a Ottawa fan. Karlsson was beast on both ends of the ice this season. Without him and an excellent year from Anderson this team doesnt sniff the playoffs. He dominated on both ends of the ice and I have a feeling if he plays every game like burns does he would have passed him in points as Burns really fell off the last month of the season. Either way it will be a very tight vote and a shame for Hedman who had a great season as well but does not stand a chance at winning this one.

Sean K
JOSHUACANADA Posted - 04/26/2017 : 22:17:15
quote:
Originally posted by slozo

quote:

A lot can happen in a month. Can I change pretty well all of my picks?

Crosby ended up winning the Richard and McDavid ran away with the Art Ross. McDavid will also win the Hart. Matthews should win the Calder, and Bobrovsky the Vezina. Is Burns still the leading candidate for the Norris? Karlsson and Hedman the runners up? Tortorella the Jack Adams over Mike Babcock?Patrice Bergeron with another Selke?

I agree with MCDavid for Hart, Matthews for Calder, Bob for Vezina.
I say Burns gets the Norris by a point or something (could be closest vote ever IMHO, and this is where we could se the Eastern bias vs the "reputation bias" ie Karlsson not being good defensively). But I say Burns edges him out on just getting more points, having more games.

I really hope Torts doesn't win it. I've made my case for Babcock, as biased as some may think it is - but mostly I just despise Tortorella, never liked him, and I have a feeling others feel the same way and that will affect their vote.

Which just goes to show kids, BE NICE. Even to reporters!

Don't Leaf me hanging, Buds!

If anyone still thinks Karlsson is not good defensively after this year, they need to look up from there cell phones, stop texting during the game and watch the game. If you agree with them I can't help you. This year Karlsson was a beast in defensive stats, moreso than he ever has before and still kept pace with Burn's incredible offensive season, albeit not goals. If you watched the Boston series and really looked unbiasedly, he was incredible and not just in the offensive zone. Pretty much owned the Bergeron, Marchand and Pasternak line, which was one of the best this year.
Alex116 Posted - 04/26/2017 : 07:42:30
quote:

quote:

Crosby ended up winning the Richard and McDavid ran away with the Art Ross. McDavid will also win the Hart. Matthews should win the Calder, and Bobrovsky the Vezina. Is Burns still the leading candidate for the Norris? Karlsson and Hedman the runners up? Tortorella the Jack Adams over Mike Babcock?Patrice Bergeron with another Selke?

I say Burns gets the Norris by a point or something (could be closest vote ever IMHO, and this is where we could se the Eastern bias vs the "reputation bias" ie Karlsson not being good defensively). But I say Burns edges him out on just getting more points, having more games.

I really hope Torts doesn't win it. I've made my case for Babcock, as biased as some may think it is - but mostly I just despise Tortorella, never liked him, and I have a feeling others feel the same way and that will affect their vote.

I have a feeling that the same reason you mention Dubnyk getting snubbed will cost Burns the Norris. He was very quiet in the last month plus and Karlsson was putting his team on his back and getting them into the playoffs. I agree, the vote will be super close, and while I don't expect it to be due to any "eastern bias", I do expect Karlsson to win some of the votes where voters are torn by virtue of him missing out last year when he could/should have won. Last year crushed the "eastern bias" thing for me. Doughty, playing pretty much as far west as you can get, beating out a PPG Karlsson, who most thought was the favorite, did away with the so called "eastern bias" in my mind.

To be honest, I think the whole bias thing is way exaggerated. Most of these writers follow specific teams, no? So just because they're in the east, doesn't mean they see Karlsson all that much more. These guys live sports. You can be darn sure if it's highlight packages, they're watching them the next morning. Personal preference to a player may come into effect, but I just don't buy into the "they see guys in the east more" theory. The others, guys like Elliot Friedman (HNIC), Bob Mackenzie (TSN), Pierre Lebrun (ESPN), Mark Spector (Sportsnet), etc are all very well versed in the game of hockey. These guys know the game, the players, the numbers, etc. It's much like it would be if I had a vote. Don't assume because I see a little more of a guy from the west that he'd get my vote. I see highlights, I read stats, I'm in hockey pools, etc (like all these voters surely are) and I'd form my decision from there.

Just my opinion of course.
n/a Posted - 04/25/2017 : 19:06:31
quote:

n/a Posted - 04/25/2017 : 19:02:06
quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

I am fine with Holtby and Bobrovsky but Price getting a nomination rather than Dubnyk or Talbot is a joke. Dubnuk and Prices numbers were very similar, expect Dubnyk had more wins and more shutouts. Talbot faced around 40 more shots than either Price or Dubnyk and had similar numbers and more wins than both and more shutouts than Price.

East coast players will always fill the ballots when it's close because most of the media in in the east and they see more players in the east.

The Eastern bias is real, and I totally agree that normally it would be a big reason . . . but as mentioned, this is all 30 GMs voting (ok, a couple of extra votes from the East, fair enough). But the main reason I think this wasn't the reason was Dubnyk's super cold ending to the season . . . he tailed off real bad, maybe made a bit of a recovery at the end, but yeah - it was very shaky goaltending for a little while with him. And that was what I think cost him the votes.

Alex116 Posted - 04/25/2017 : 11:25:22
quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

I am fine with Holtby and Bobrovsky but Price getting a nomination rather than Dubnyk or Talbot is a joke. Dubnuk and Prices numbers were very similar, expect Dubnyk had more wins and more shutouts. Talbot faced around 40 more shots than either Price or Dubnyk and had similar numbers and more wins than both and more shutouts than Price.

East coast players will always fill the ballots when it's close because most of the media in in the east and they see more players in the east.

I too was surprised that Price was on the list but it's not fair to use the "eastern media bias" in this case. The Vezina is actually voted on by the 30 GMs in the league. I'd like to think they are educated enough to be a better source of voting than the media?

FWIW.....

GP/GS - Dubnyk 65/63, Talbot 73/73, Price 62/62
Wins - Dubnyk 40, Talbot 42, Price 37
GAA - Dubnyk 2.25, Talbot 2.39, Price 2.23
Sv% - Dubnyk .923, Talbot .919, Price .923
SO's - Dubnyk 5, Talbot 7, Price 3

Looking at these numbers, I can see why Price was in ahead of Talbot. Wins are always important, but doing the math, Price would likely have had as many or more with the extra 11 starts Talbot had.

In reality, the numbers are really close and there are other guys who had good numbers as well, such as Gibson and Rask. For Gibson, he didn't have the starts and wins I guess evem though his save % and GAA was better than most of these guys! Would be interesting to see the actual full voting results and wouldn't doubt Dubnyk, Rask and Talbot in the 4,5,6 spots? I think after the award, these numbers are available.
Beans15 Posted - 04/23/2017 : 13:58:13

ryan93 Posted - 04/23/2017 : 02:12:41
Crazy that Devan Dubnyk was arguably the favorite for the Vezina with about a month to go in the season, but then doesn't even end up being one of the final 3 nominees. Sergei Bobrovsky, Braden Holtby & Carey Price are this year's nominees.

No surprise really with either the Calder or Norris nominees. Matthews, Laine, Werenski for the Calder, Burns, Hedman, Karlsson for the Norris.
defobust Posted - 04/10/2017 : 05:44:22
Ryan93 I have to agree with all of your new picks minus I think Eric Karlsson stole the Norris trophy from Burns in the last month. Burns tailed off a ton and if it was not for Karlsson missing 5 of the last 6 games of the season there is no doubt he would have past Burns in total points as well.

I still hope the panel does not give the Adams to Torts because he's a piece of work but I think he nudges out both Babcock and Barry Trots for the complete turn around of Columbis

Sean K
ryan93 Posted - 04/09/2017 : 20:03:59

ryan93 Posted - 03/26/2017 : 19:26:47
The Art Ross and Rocket Richard Trophies appear to be McDavid & Crosby's to lose at this point. I'm still hoping Sid can catch McDavid in points, but with the way the Oilers are rolling along right not it doesn't look good.

It's too bad Crosby, Malkin and Kucherov all had to miss some time or else the race would probably look different.
Alex116 Posted - 03/23/2017 : 12:12:03
quote:

Calder
I think it's a stretch-run race between Matthews (TOR) and Laine (WPG) myself, but Marner (TOR), Werenski (CLB) and definitely goalie Matt Murray (PIT) should all be in deep consideration, especially if they excel in the last two weeks or so.

I honestly think the goalie in this equation gets the short end of the stick here, because in terms of value to the team, he is probably slightly ahead of Matthews for Toronto, just because of the position. But I have this feeling the 3 finalists will be Laine, Matthews and Werenski (he deserves huge recognition, no doubt).

Going on who's hot/cold right now . . . I'll give Matthews the tiny edge right now. But it's a coin flip at this point. In the end, I think it'll be Laine or Matthews, whoever ends stronger, and Matthews will get the edge because of his defence, because he's a centre, and because he's leading his former last-placed team to the playoffs potentially.

Great points Slozo. Murray has been so good, and there's been so much talk about Laine and Matthews (and Werenski to a lesser degree), that I openly admit that I completely forgot about what Murray had done. His name didn't even come into consideration and I think it's partly because I kinda forgot he was a rookie!

Laine, you are right, has cooled significantly with just 1G and 1A in his last 7 games. However, even though Matthews has 2G and 1A in his past 3, he was completely shut out in the previous 7 games! Hopefully for him, he's starting to get hot?

Any chance we see co-Calder winners? I first place tie? Prob not with the way voting works I suppose? Also, this sort of thing you'd prob think would happen if there were 2 guys miles ahead of the pack, and with guys like Marner, Werenski, Murray and even Nylander, really not far behind these two, it's likely they wouldn't feel it necessary to ensure one guy isn't snubbed (if that was possible re the voting process).
JOSHUACANADA Posted - 03/23/2017 : 10:23:14
I decided to weight back in.

Rocket - Crosby, who is not only winning in goals overall but is way ahead in goals per game. Its a shame Laine couldn't keep pace, because that was a great story while it was happening.

Ross - McDavid, who is consistently battling to stay ahead of Crosby. This might be the closest race left, with Crosby leading the Points per game, but it will come down to total points and be advantage Mcdavid.

Norris - Karlsson, who has closed the gap points wise and has all the defensive stats advantage him, over Burns on a team that needs him more. Burns will end up with goals and goals per game lead, but thats the only stats that will be advantage Burns on a more talented offensive team.

Calder - Laine, with an edge for TOI, +/-, points, points per game, goals, goals per game, assist and assist per game leader with less games played on a team not as good as his competitors. Its his to lose.

Vezina - Bobrovsky, who is now leading in the 3 main statistical categories, with Dubnyk dropping recently. Its a shame Talbot doesn't have the save% or goals against average here, because he is just as important to his teams turn around. Price is good, but not as stellar as recent years, while Montreal is a stronger team than before, that doesn't need him to be.

Adams - Torts and this is for many reasons. First off Columbus is 2 points off the league lead, with a team that couldn't make the playoffs last year from almost bottoming the league and not in a Toronto, Pheonix, Buffalo tank job type way. Biggest gains in points year over year so far, biggest gain in goals for and against year over year. But forgetting all that, he has taken a bottom rung team and turned them into a legit playoff contender who could legitimately win the cup this year. To say this is the most surprising coaching turn around is not saying enough, with how booed out of town Torts was in Vancouver.
n/a Posted - 03/23/2017 : 09:00:59
quote:
Originally posted by Alex116

quote:

Starting with the Art Ross, I'm gonna take a stab at Malkin winning this.

Rocket Richard trophy will go to a rookie for the first time in however long? Laine is gonna pull this out!

Hart - Tough one. I pick Malkin to squeeze out Crosby for the scoring title so would Sid still get the Hart? They could hurt each others chances but unless McDavid comes alive the last month, I'm not sure he wins it? Does Marchand somehow sneak into this conversation? Regardless, i'll stick with Sid the Kid.

Calder - This is another very difficult one. I'm gonna go with Laine but I'm sure the powers that be would love to see Mathews win it! Can voters be influenced?

Vezina - The 3 way coin flip goes to Dubnyk.

Norris - Burns. Sooooo many goals. I think that pushes the needle his way.

Amazing how quick things can change. 5 days later and my picks look awful!

Art Ross - Malkin was 3 back for the Art Ross but is now 10 behind!

Rocket Richard - Laine sees himself 7 goals back of Crosby after Sid's big week and 4 behind Marchand after he too had some big games.

Hart - Still think Sid could win this but McDavid is starting to get hot again. Coin flip between these two but the edge prob goes to McDavid with less of a supporting cast? 7 fewer games played by Sid could swing some votes his way?

Calder - Still a coin flip here perhaps? However, is it still between Laine and Matthews? Or is it Laine and Marner? Marner is just 1 point back of Matthews and has played 5 fewer games! Matthews has a big lead in goals on him but in the end, I think they steal some votes from each other and Laine wins. I have to say, if it wasn't for the hype around these guys with them being big names with huge expectations, I think your winner would actually be Zach Werenski. What a season he's having!

Vezina - Bobrovsky leads my pick (Dubnyk) in pretty much every category. And he plays on a team I think more people would be surprised with where they are in the standings. Bob likely wins his second Vezina.

Norris - Still Burns in my mind. If he gets to 30 goals, it's a lock.

Still time for movement on most of these as it's so close in a lot of them. Exciting finish to the season coming up.....

The prediction business is tough bud, that's why so few are willing to put their money where their mouth is . . . things change in a couple of games sometimes. Absolutely exciting for us fans though, because not one trophy can be considered wrapped up, outside of perhaps the Rocket Richard trophy at this point, which seems to be Sid's to lose at this point:

Rocket
Sid - 41 goals
Marchand - 37 goals
next closest after that is 34 goals, not happening. 4 goal lead with 11 or 12 games to go, seems like this one has wrapped up now, especially with Boston essentially playing "playoff hockey" now down the stretch trying to remain in the playoffs (barely at this point).

Art Ross
McDavid 85 pts
Crosby 81 pts
Marchand 80 pts
Kane 80 pts

Could we have another year like 2 years ago, when Benn ripped the trophy out of Tavares' grasp on the last day?! There are possibilities for first timer Marchand, but honestly, with BOTH Crosby and McDavid up there, and with Kane lurking . . . I don't see it. It's been back and forth between Crosby and McDavid all year, and I say it's a photo finish at the end, with only a point or two separating them I think at the finish line. Doesn't look like a 100 points is happening either way, sadly . . . I'll say McDavid because he's got the lead.

Calder
I think it's a stretch-run race between Matthews (TOR) and Laine (WPG) myself, but Marner (TOR), Werenski (CLB) and definitely goalie Matt Murray (PIT) should all be in deep consideration, especially if they excel in the last two weeks or so.

I honestly think the goalie in this equation gets the short end of the stick here, because in terms of value to the team, he is probably slightly ahead of Matthews for Toronto, just because of the position. But I have this feeling the 3 finalists will be Laine, Matthews and Werenski (he deserves huge recognition, no doubt).

Going on who's hot/cold right now . . . I'll give Matthews the tiny edge right now. But it's a coin flip at this point. In the end, I think it'll be Laine or Matthews, whoever ends stronger, and Matthews will get the edge because of his defence, because he's a centre, and because he's leading his former last-placed team to the playoffs potentially.

Norris
Burns 70 pts
Karlsson 66 pts
Hedman 60 pts

Traditionally, the points the defenceman gets counts for about 95% of the reasoning for the Norris trophy, despite the defensive aspect of the role. Burns looked home and cooled, but boy has he cooled, and Karlsson has been heating up and not coincidentally, the Sens have been surging. It's an interesting debate, because one could easily argue Karlsson is worth WAY more to his team, and their fortunes in even making the playoffs.

But I think Burns will keep his points lead to the end, and pull out the victory, amongst a background of crocodile tears from Ottawa.

No comment on the others for me - Hart is a popularity race, and I never liked the rationalisations for it. If judged properly, a goalie would win it 90% of the time (for instance, I would say Carey Price should win it this year, based on MOST VALUABLE PLAYER). And the Vezina, I don't know enough to comment, but may do so later . . .

Alex116 Posted - 03/21/2017 : 08:15:31
quote:

Starting with the Art Ross, I'm gonna take a stab at Malkin winning this.

Rocket Richard trophy will go to a rookie for the first time in however long? Laine is gonna pull this out!

Hart - Tough one. I pick Malkin to squeeze out Crosby for the scoring title so would Sid still get the Hart? They could hurt each others chances but unless McDavid comes alive the last month, I'm not sure he wins it? Does Marchand somehow sneak into this conversation? Regardless, i'll stick with Sid the Kid.

Calder - This is another very difficult one. I'm gonna go with Laine but I'm sure the powers that be would love to see Mathews win it! Can voters be influenced?

Amazing how quick things can change. 5 days later and my picks look awful!

Art Ross - Malkin was 3 back for the Art Ross but is now 10 behind!

Rocket Richard - Laine sees himself 7 goals back of Crosby after Sid's big week and 4 behind Marchand after he too had some big games.

Hart - Still think Sid could win this but McDavid is starting to get hot again. Coin flip between these two but the edge prob goes to McDavid with less of a supporting cast? 7 fewer games played by Sid could swing some votes his way?

Calder - Still a coin flip here perhaps? However, is it still between Laine and Matthews? Or is it Laine and Marner? Marner is just 1 point back of Matthews and has played 5 fewer games! Matthews has a big lead in goals on him but in the end, I think they steal some votes from each other and Laine wins. I have to say, if it wasn't for the hype around these guys with them being big names with huge expectations, I think your winner would actually be Zach Werenski. What a season he's having!

Vezina - Bobrovsky leads my pick (Dubnyk) in pretty much every category. And he plays on a team I think more people would be surprised with where they are in the standings. Bob likely wins his second Vezina.

Norris - Still Burns in my mind. If he gets to 30 goals, it's a lock.

Still time for movement on most of these as it's so close in a lot of them. Exciting finish to the season coming up.....

defobust Posted - 03/17/2017 : 09:21:15
Art - Mc David

Rocket Richard - Marchand

Heart - Mc David....Edmonton is nowhere near the playoffs without this kid

Calder - Laine has stole this one from Matthews the past 3 weeks.

Vezina - Most def the toughest decision I think but I will go with Dubnyk

Norris - Burns has to win this one and he should also get in the conversation for the Heart as well.

What about the Jack Adams?? Can John Torts with this one?? in my eyes he needs to be the favourite but barry trots or bruce boudreau could also get a sniff of this.

This is by far the closest these awards have been in years

Sean K
ryan93 Posted - 03/16/2017 : 18:49:04
Good matchup tonight between McDavid & Marchand. Both have already found the scoresheet, each with 2 points so far in the 1st.
Alex116 Posted - 03/16/2017 : 14:23:07
quote:
Originally posted by Ripley

Marchand, wow! Could he snipe a couple of these? Seems possible. It's hard to believe he can beat out all of the guys in this pack, but maybe it is time to start believing.

His best bet for "sniping" one of these is the Rocket Richard and/or the Art Ross. Regardless of how good he is / has become / is playing, anything requiring voting he's a long shot at best. Fair or not, I just don't see him as likeable enough to some voters to get their vote. He still plays on the edge and has been guilty of some cheap plays (slew foots) and that sort of thing. Voters, though they're supposed to be unbiased, don't forget these sorts of things! I'd be shocked if he's in the final 3 on the Hart ballot unless he somehow wins both the scoring title AND goal title which at this point is a possibility!
Ripley Posted - 03/16/2017 : 13:04:20
Marchand, wow! Could he snipe a couple of these? Seems possible. It's hard to believe he can beat out all of the guys in this pack, but maybe it is time to start believing.
ryan93 Posted - 03/16/2017 : 10:41:36
Marchand now finds himself leading the league in both goals & points. How crazy is that! I always knew he was a good player, but I thought last season was his peak with everything going right, and he would fall back to the 25g 55pts range this year. I still don't like the guy, but have to give him credit, he's having a hell of a season!

I thought all along that Sidney Crosby would eventually overtake McDavid and run away with the scoring race down the stretch. While it still wouldn't surprise me a bit to see Sid win another Art Ross, Patrick Kane is on such a tear right now, he's my pick to win it. I'm pulling for one of Crosby/Malkin, but my money is on Kane.

A month ago my pick for the Calder would of been Matthews, but he's cooled considerably recently. All the pressure is on Matthews and the Leafs in the playoff race, while the Jets are just playing out the season trying to finish on a positive note.

Devin Dubnyk is my pick for the Vezina. As much as I like Karlsson and as great as he's been the last while, I don't see him or anyone else for that matter taking the Norris away from Burns this season.

JOSHUACANADA Posted - 03/15/2017 : 09:52:54
Ross - McDavid, its close and I know Crosby has played less.

Hart - McDavid, anyone else in this race plays on a better team.

Richard - Laine, I would love to see the Richard go to a rookie

Calder - Laine - Darkhorse Werenski

Vezina - Dubnyk or Bobrovsky, can't make up my mind

Norris - Burns - Darkhorse Karlsson

Adams - Torts - Darkhorse Boucher
Alex116 Posted - 03/14/2017 : 10:06:15
Great topic Ryan!

Starting with the Art Ross, I'm gonna take a stab at Malkin winning this. It will require him to be healthy for the last month but he's been on quite a tear lately with 13points in his last 10 games. He's got 3 points to make up, but I'd gamble on him. Then again, I really hope it's any of them OTHER THAN MARCHAND! Ugh! I can't believe how good this little rat has become. Credit where credit is due, he's still an annoying little punk, but he's become a top tier player in the NHL.

Rocket Richard trophy will go to a rookie for the first time in however long? Laine is gonna pull this out! Just a hunch, but I could see it happening. Then again, the difference could be a few empty netters and guys like Crosby and Malkin (and Patches) who play on better teams, often get these opportunities more?

Lot's of close races for these awards/trophies this year! Should be exciting to follow the last month.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page