Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 How many RND 1 series predictions did you get?

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
leigh Posted - 04/28/2017 : 12:40:32
So I went 5 for 8 in my first round hockey predictions this year. Not bad, not great. There is no doubt it should have been 6 for 8, but Chicago, what the hell?!?

Here are the other two I got wrong:

- I figured Minnesota would make it past St. Louis. Having said that, like most people, I could easily see St. Louis winning. I think I underestimated whether their stretch run could continue into the first round, and it did.

- I had Boston taking Ottawa. Admittedly I didn't give this much thought. I went with Ottawa being a perpetually average team - like forever. It was a weak argument.

Aside from the Blackhawks being swept, the fact there were no game 7's was the most surprising thing of the first round.

So a couple questions for you all:

1) how did you do on your predictions. Give me the number.
2) biggest surprise of the first round.

11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Alex116 Posted - 05/07/2017 : 19:54:20
quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

quote:
Originally posted by Alex116

Terrible year for me. Only 50% in round 1. I had....

Chi winning
SJ winning
Minny winning
Montreal winning

Chicago was obviously the biggest shock. Leafs doing as well as they did to have that series be more or less a coin flip considering all the OT's was also pretty surprising.

SJ winning?? Why on earth would you think that was going to happen??? You probably bet Vancouver would get the first overall pick this year too hey??

I'm not sure if you're kidding or not? Lol. But in all seriousness, though I think Edm and TO are both contenders for the next decade, I always believe the "you gotta learn how to lose before you can learn how to win" theory. Figured both the Leafs and the Oilers would bow out in 5 or 6, get some experience, and start to be serious contenders in '18. Not to mention, I saw SJ as i did the Canucks in 2012-14 whereby their window was half shut, but figured they had enough gas left in their tank to go to round 2. Like the Canucks in 2012, they were coming off a SCF loss so picking them to go a couple rounds seemed right?

As for the Canucks getting number 1? Not a chance. I had them at 4 as that is where their odds were best. Not a sour grapes thing here, I've said it since day 1, the lottery is not a good thing with the odds the way they are. But that is for another thread.......
umteman Posted - 05/07/2017 : 16:35:47
I may have underestimated the Predators; they now go to the Western Conference finals.

Did you hear about the retired proctologist? He spent 40 years saying "what's a place like this doing in a girl like you?"
n/a Posted - 05/03/2017 : 20:58:50
My 1st Round went like this:
Western Conference
Hawks X
Blues
Ducks
Sharks X
Eastern Conference
Rangers
Bruins X
Caps
Pens

So yeah - 5/8, like a lot of you.
Don't think one person would have gone perfect with the Hawks and Minny going out, and add to that the very tough match-ups that were basically 50/50 (Rangers/Habs, and Sharks/Oilers)

Don't Leaf me hanging, Buds!
Beans15 Posted - 05/03/2017 : 11:49:30
quote:
Originally posted by Alex116

Chi winning
SJ winning
Minny winning
Montreal winning

Chicago was obviously the biggest shock. Leafs doing as well as they did to have that series be more or less a coin flip considering all the OT's was also pretty surprising.

SJ winning?? Why on earth would you think that was going to happen??? You probably bet Vancouver would get the first overall pick this year too hey??
JOSHUACANADA Posted - 05/02/2017 : 11:40:47
I can't remember my picks.
Beans15 Posted - 05/02/2017 : 11:21:07
I had Chicago, Montreal, and Boston winning. Boston was a far better team in the reg season after they fired Julien so I went with them. Chicago is obvious. And I flipped a coin on Montreal and NYR. Minny was by easy pick to lose. Bruce Boudreau is easily the best regular season coach with the worst playoff performance in this generation. He is terrible in the playoffs. Going back in time, Boudreau has coached for 11 season. 8 of those season his team won their division. In most cases, his team was a top 5 performer in the entire league in the regular season. Of 11 seasons coached he made the playoffs 9 times, went out in the first round 5 times and only made it to one conference final.

Smart money says that if a Bruce Boudreau team is in the playoffs, bet on the other team.
Alex116 Posted - 05/01/2017 : 12:29:49

Chi winning
SJ winning
Minny winning
Montreal winning

umteman Posted - 04/29/2017 : 12:28:25
The only one I got wrong was Chicago vs. Nashville. Who would have guessed? But then the Blackhawks going out in round 1 seems to be a developing tradition.

Did you hear about the retired proctologist? He spent 40 years saying "what's a place like this doing in a girl like you?"
JOSHUACANADA Posted - 04/29/2017 : 00:04:08
Are any of you aware of the Pheonix pay system in Ottawa. Apparently the heavily Government and contracted to the government employees have been having trouble getting paid for the last 2 years. Some haven't been paid for months. Its been an ongoing problem for the year. Hopefully future games are less obvious with the missing spectators. But the good news is a flight to Ottawa and a game day ticket still less than just the ticket a price to a game in New York. That's advice for anyone looking to catch a playoff game and having trouble securing tickets.
leigh Posted - 04/28/2017 : 23:01:53
quote:
Originally posted by ryan93

...Biggest surprise so far of round 2 for me is the poor attendance in Ottawa! Second round, an original 6 opponent, yet a few thousand empty seats!

I saw that in the highlights tonight. How is that possible in a Canadian market? Second round of the playoffs, shameful!
ryan93 Posted - 04/28/2017 : 16:49:20
Exact same as you Leigh. I was 5/8, with my incorrects being Chicago, Minnesota and Boston. And biggest surprise of the first round was Ciicago being swept. They were my pick to win the Cup, so I obviously wasn't expecting them to be swept in the first round while scoring a total of 3 goals!

Biggest surprise so far of round 2 for me is the poor attendance in Ottawa! Second round, an original 6 opponent, yet a few thousand empty seats!

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page