Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 Oilers or Senators?

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
admin Posted - 04/28/2017 : 12:08:11
If the Canadian hockey gods shined down upon us and the Edmonton Oilers and Ottawa Senators met in the Stanley Cup Finals, who would take the 2017 cup?
25   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
JOSHUACANADA Posted - 05/23/2017 : 22:09:51
For the record, the attendance figures for tonights game were 18111, when to capacity its 18000. Standing room only. I dare you to look at a pan view of the crowd in the Western conference final in anyone of those games and tell me they were playing to a stacked crowd. This is a media driven campaign to smear a franchise. We cant all play in 10 million population cities.
JOSHUACANADA Posted - 05/23/2017 : 19:20:06
quote:
Originally posted by ryan93

Those excuses might be ok as far as the regular season goes. But this is game 6 of the Conference final! The Sens have had an amazing run, and to me there is no viable excuse at this point. It's embarrassing that they can't sell out their arena in one of the biggest games in franchise history.

This might be the only time I tell a fan of another franchise to mind his own business. People in Ottawa are losing there homes due to the Pheonix payroll system. They have important things going on in there life which you may not understand. Tell me, have Nashville and Anaheim, in markets with larger populations sold out all of there games. I see a tonne of empty seats. No press what so ever. Just because the media has latched onto this narrative doesn't mean its right.
ryan93 Posted - 05/23/2017 : 18:16:51
Those excuses might be ok as far as the regular season goes. But this is game 6 of the Conference final! The Sens have had an amazing run, and to me there is no viable excuse at this point. It's embarrassing that they can't sell out their arena in one of the biggest games in franchise history.
JOSHUACANADA Posted - 05/23/2017 : 12:50:18
quote:
Originally posted by Alex116

Joshua.....what's your take on the lack of attendance at the Ottawa home games??? I'm shocked to hear there are thousands of seats/tickets available for game 6? I often hear the rink location has a lot to do with it but this is the playoffs! Others say most feel it's inevitable that they will lose to Pittsburgh? This can't be the case can it? Is it the style they are playing that is boring the fans? I can't see this either because a win's a win at this time of year!

Just curious to hear a Sens fans' opinion on why they are struggling to sell out?

There are several reasons. Some have to do with arena location, others have to do with a government payroll system, that at best has been called sporadic for the last 18 months. The biggest one I have heard for years though is a law that prevents the team from selling to the biggest employers in the area, if they are considered publicly funded or government employees. Lack of corporate sponsorship due to these laws means they mostly live on gate revenue and traffic, with the payroll issues and a general recession in the area all being large factors. Good news, you can book a flight from Vancouver to Ottawa and pick up a game day ticket in the playoffs for less than a regular season ticket in Toronto or New York though
Alex116 Posted - 05/23/2017 : 12:38:03
Joshua.....what's your take on the lack of attendance at the Ottawa home games??? I'm shocked to hear there are thousands of seats/tickets available for game 6? I often hear the rink location has a lot to do with it but this is the playoffs! Others say most feel it's inevitable that they will lose to Pittsburgh? This can't be the case can it? Is it the style they are playing that is boring the fans? I can't see this either because a win's a win at this time of year!

Just curious to hear a Sens fans' opinion on why they are struggling to sell out?
JOSHUACANADA Posted - 05/23/2017 : 10:09:32
quote:
Originally posted by The Duke

Joshua what do you think of the Burrows trade now ?
Blue chip prospect Dahlen gone.
Leafs were at that for years. Rarely works out

I should also add that no one in Ottawa is upset about one player not yet NHL ready, when they have played 17 games of playoff hockey and Burrows has been a good soldier in 15 of them, having been on the stats sheet during some game winning goals in the playoffs. He would be playing and heavily used if not injured in game 3. Him Stalberg, Wingels and Condon, were all pieces picked up this season which were needed to play the defending Stanley Cup Champions up to game 6 of the 3rd round of the playoffs. The Comparison to the Leafs doesn't fit, because they haven't been to round 3 in a few decades.
JOSHUACANADA Posted - 05/22/2017 : 20:43:51
quote:
Originally posted by The Duke

Blue chip prospect? He will likely play in the NHL at some point, but he is undersized with poor skating. He had one really good game in the Swedish League, but apparently was not 100% given to sign with Ottawa, contract issues. We needed grit and depth scoring for the playoff run and Burrows scored some key goals to help us lock up 2nd in the Atlantic, a few game winners if I remember correctly. This was our 1st window for a playoff run and he is signed for a few more years of hopefully playoff hockey. Both teams got what they want.
The Duke Posted - 05/18/2017 : 12:49:29
JOSHUACANADA Posted - 05/11/2017 : 16:31:39
quote:
Originally posted by Alex116

quote:

The future definitely appears to be bright for the majority of the Canadian franchises which is great!

Thanks for clarifying "the majority of". Lol.

I'm on the Ottawa train if it were to be an Ottawa / Edmonton final. Top 3 reasons are easy....

3. Craig Anderson (don't need to say much more)
2. Oilers will win at least one and maybe more cups in the next 5 years so let Ottawa have one now!
1. Sorry all, but Alex Burrows! Would love to see him hoist it after coming so close here in Vancouver!

I know my reasons will prob rank in support/agreement from others in the same order I listed them (3 thru 1) but when Alex Burrows is your #1 reason, that's to be expected! Lol

Wish it happened, but my consolidation is there is a possible 2007 rematch in the cards. Just have to win one more round against another heavily favoured matchup slanted in Pittsburghs favour. Should be a tough series.
Alex116 Posted - 05/10/2017 : 09:04:46
quote:

The future definitely appears to be bright for the majority of the Canadian franchises which is great!

Thanks for clarifying "the majority of". Lol.

I'm on the Ottawa train if it were to be an Ottawa / Edmonton final. Top 3 reasons are easy....

3. Craig Anderson (don't need to say much more)
2. Oilers will win at least one and maybe more cups in the next 5 years so let Ottawa have one now!
1. Sorry all, but Alex Burrows! Would love to see him hoist it after coming so close here in Vancouver!

I know my reasons will prob rank in support/agreement from others in the same order I listed them (3 thru 1) but when Alex Burrows is your #1 reason, that's to be expected! Lol
JOSHUACANADA Posted - 05/09/2017 : 22:36:08
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by JOSHUACANADA

Series is now 3-2 for the Sens. 83% chance Ottawa wins the series. In related news, Henrick has now given up 5+ goals in 2 games and Anderson 0 games. Your serve.

For us Ranger fans, we are hoping Henrik responds similar to how he did following the other game he gave up 5+ (game 2). He stopped 48 or 50 shots in games 3 & 4 for a pair of 4-1 victories.

This was a good series, and your team played pretty good. My teams half of this topic is 50% there. Now its on the Oilers to match.
ryan93 Posted - 05/08/2017 : 18:35:44
quote:

Series is now 3-2 for the Sens. 83% chance Ottawa wins the series. In related news, Henrick has now given up 5+ goals in 2 games and Anderson 0 games. Your serve.

For us Ranger fans, we are hoping Henrik responds similar to how he did following the other game he gave up 5+ (game 2). He stopped 48 or 50 shots in games 3 & 4 for a pair of 4-1 victories.
ryan93 Posted - 05/07/2017 : 17:58:07
The Oilers are lighting it up tonight! Leon Draisaitl with a monster night!
JOSHUACANADA Posted - 05/06/2017 : 20:47:56
ryan93 Posted - 05/05/2017 : 13:02:06
Yeah it was all Rangers the past 2 games at MSG. The Sens have to play much better if they have a chance to win the series, but they are still very much in it tied 2-2 heading back to Ottawa.
JOSHUACANADA Posted - 05/05/2017 : 09:32:26
Ryan93, your Rangers looked good all night last night. Series has turned on its head. I don't know what my team needs to do to turn this around, but wow, its not pretty.
JOSHUACANADA Posted - 05/04/2017 : 12:18:27
Yep, big game tonight. Rangers gameplan, score early and score often. Ottawa's plan, don't let them and keep it close. So far Ottawa looks like the better team late in the game, while the Rangers are better early on. Both goalies have had good and bad games, with near identical stats and the 2 teams are 1 goal apart in this series.
ryan93 Posted - 05/04/2017 : 07:03:15

Bug game tonight between the Rangers/Senators. The Rangers have led for 104 minutes in this series, while Ottawa has led for just 4 minutes 11 seconds yet hold a 2-1 series lead.
n/a Posted - 05/03/2017 : 21:02:25
Oil over Sens, would be in 6.

Not happening though.

Love the resurgence of Canadian teams though . . . Leafs are a sexy team again, Oil with McDavid are flying high, the Sens are suddenly looking like a formidable foe, the Canadiens with Price will always hang around, and the Flames will be right in that conversation once they get a goalie.

I'm already looking forward to next year.

Don't Leaf me hanging, Buds!
ryan93 Posted - 04/30/2017 : 05:22:00
Haha before the game started. Not feeling so confident now :)
JOSHUACANADA Posted - 04/29/2017 : 21:07:01
quote:

quote:

Ottawa in 6. Your right Ottawa would be the road team, but you might wanna look at there road record.

Karlsson plays half the game, every game and on both special teams. It won't just be McDavid he is playing against. That being said Ceci, Phaneuf, Pageau, Pyatt and Hoffman are the ones who gets the toughest matchups and more defensive zone starts. It is more likely that the Oilers will be looking to matchup against Karlsson than Ottawa to McDavid. Ottawa plays a 1-3-1 defensive system which is more designed to cause the Oilers to play a dump and chase. Karlsson is the player the Oilers will have to outrace to the puck on a dump and chase scenario. Anderson is playing the best hockey of his career and should matchup up well against Talbot who is also playing amasing. The depth scoring of both teams would be the difference, but I trust Ottawa's defensive strategy better than Edmontons run and gun style.

Good points Josh except for one thing...the Sens aren't making it out of round 2

Did you make it to the end of OT 2 before responding to this?
ryan93 Posted - 04/29/2017 : 05:24:52
quote:

Ottawa in 6. Your right Ottawa would be the road team, but you might wanna look at there road record.

Karlsson plays half the game, every game and on both special teams. It won't just be McDavid he is playing against. That being said Ceci, Phaneuf, Pageau, Pyatt and Hoffman are the ones who gets the toughest matchups and more defensive zone starts. It is more likely that the Oilers will be looking to matchup against Karlsson than Ottawa to McDavid. Ottawa plays a 1-3-1 defensive system which is more designed to cause the Oilers to play a dump and chase. Karlsson is the player the Oilers will have to outrace to the puck on a dump and chase scenario. Anderson is playing the best hockey of his career and should matchup up well against Talbot who is also playing amasing. The depth scoring of both teams would be the difference, but I trust Ottawa's defensive strategy better than Edmontons run and gun style.

Good points Josh except for one thing...the Sens aren't making it out of round 2
JOSHUACANADA Posted - 04/29/2017 : 00:11:54

defobust Posted - 04/28/2017 : 12:52:26
I would take Edmonton as I believe they would be the home team and have quite a bit of firepower upfront. Karlsson can only play against the mcdavid line and as ive seen sometimes in these playoffs the coach can take draisaitl off the top line and he can make another line that much better. I do beleive it would be close so ill go on a limb and say Edmonton in 7 games.

Sean K
admin Posted - 04/28/2017 : 12:09:47
...and for bonus points...in how many games?

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page