Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Eastern Conference -Metropolitan Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Pittsburgh
 retirement for Crosby?

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
umteman Posted - 05/26/2017 : 08:43:51
AS important as he is to the Penguins and to hockey I would, as one person in the article stated, rather see him retire than end up like Marc Savard. Your thoughts?

http://thehockeywriters.com/should-sidney-crosby-retire/

Did you hear about the retired proctologist? He spent 40 years saying "what's a place like this doing in a girl like you?"
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Ripley Posted - 05/31/2017 : 15:31:40
I think that most guys would choose to keep playing if they were in Crosby's position. It's the doctors/media who put the fear in their heads with worst case scenarios. I would guess that almost 100% of NHL hockey players who play for more than a couple years in the NHL have had at least 1 concussion. And i'd guess that most have had multiple if you include their minor hockey and junior/college careers. And by the end of a 10+ year career they must have had several. Only a fraction of a percentage of them will have long term side effects that they wouldn't consider worth the salary.
JOSHUACANADA Posted - 05/29/2017 : 15:51:09
quote:
Originally posted by The Duke

Why is it the refs put away the whistles during the playoffs ??
So you build a team with speed and skill for the regular season.........
Playoffs come and your team is hacked to fkin death by dirtbags with no retribution ??
Im not one who likes to see every chinsey , borderline penalty called but this years chops , slashes and facial hooking is ridiculous ........the leagues top skilled forwards are crucified without punishment to the dirty offenders. Crazy

Some of those highly skilled players were the offenders, with high hits and hacking the opposition. You just see the press more when it happens against one of the star players. I remember a play being reviewed in the intermission in one of these playoff games, were a player charges behind the crease and slides feet first into Karlsson's feet and another player shortly afterwards on the same play slew foots him. I don't remember which game it was, but I do remember the reaction by the group of hockey analyst, all former hockey players or coaches, who said it was what you needed to do to win in the playoffs, almost like they called it a good or right thing to do. Now its just one snap shot in just one game, but thats the culture of hockey. Taking a guy who is known to be injured in the feet and attempting to injure that area more, when that player is one of the contenders for the Smyth. Thats the game we cheer for, regardless of what other infractions you wished to be called.
JOSHUACANADA Posted - 05/29/2017 : 15:42:24
quote:
Originally posted by umteman

[quote]Originally posted by The Duke

Playoffs come and your team is hacked to fkin death by dirtbags with no retribution ??
Im not one who likes to see every chinsey , borderline penalty called but this years chops , slashes and facial hooking is ridiculous ........the leagues top skilled forwards are crucified without punishment to the dirty offenders. Crazy

[/quote

I suppose it is largely due to the fact that people who don't usually watch hockey are watching during the playoffs and the refs don't want to turn them off with a lot of disruption slowing the game down.

Did you hear about the retired proctologist? He spent 40 years saying "what's a place like this doing in a girl like you?"

Being that I cheered for the other guy in that series I am not going to defend a few un-penalised plays against my team or chastise the other team for un-penalised plays. The officiating was poor throughout the round, with some game changing calls and no calls. I imagine both teams have things they wish the ref's would have noticed in the series. It was both brutal and excellent at times. It was a war. Wish my team had made it thru, but the better team won. It also feels funny to say that the healthier team made it thru, due to all the press given to the Pens and their injury woes. Ottawa just released the list of players injured and all I can say is wow.

Pyatt (ankle),
Brassard (shoulder and leg injuries),
Stalberg (Rib and Abdominal),
Dzingle (wrist, after scoring tieing goal game 7),
Ceci (Broken finger, rebroken many times),
Smith (Rib and Abdominal),
Burrows (high ankle)
Boro (high ankle),
Stone (shoulder, knee and leg injuries),
Methot (hand, might be related to prior injury),
Phaneuf (with a wrist injury),
Neil (with a significant wrist injury),
Claessen (with a back injury)
Anderson (with an apparent back injury, supposedly near the game 3-4 of the Rangers series),
Karlsson with more than just a few hairline fractures to his foot (ankle injury and muscle injury to his leg).
umteman Posted - 05/29/2017 : 15:01:25
[quote]Originally posted by The Duke

[/quote

I suppose it is largely due to the fact that people who don't usually watch hockey are watching during the playoffs and the refs don't want to turn them off with a lot of disruption slowing the game down.

Alex116 Posted - 05/29/2017 : 14:29:40
I agree Duke. There was a play in the OT of the Sens / Pens game 7 that could easily have resulted in a powerplay for the Sens that went uncalled. I'm ok with a little leniency in OT esp game 7 but this particular one was pretty bad. I'm sure as well there was prob some calls that could have gone the Pens way (my point is not to whine in the Sens favour whatsoever).

Regardless, I can't agree more that there should be more penalties called in the playoffs! Don't change your style of reffing just because the playoffs begin!
The Duke Posted - 05/29/2017 : 14:09:13
Alex116 Posted - 05/29/2017 : 09:27:44
I can't imagine it being an easy decision really. Many prob take the "won't happen to me" attitude and others maybe consider what life could be down the line and choose accordingly. So hard to walk away from something you love, especially when you're still at the top of the game.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page