Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 Where will the Vegas Golden Knights place?

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
admin Posted - 09/18/2017 : 17:07:21
In their inaugural NHL season, where will the Vegas Golden Knights finish in the standings?
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
The Duke Posted - 01/03/2018 : 12:58:39
watched them play the leafs on new years eve . They are definitely for real . Very hard working team . Well coached , good for Gallant
ryan93 Posted - 12/31/2017 : 19:24:23
I continue to be amazed by these Golden Knights! It's incredible...
27-9-2 on the season
1st place in the Western Conference
12-0-1 in their last 13 games
8 straight wins
+29 goal differential (best in West, 2nd to only TB in league)

How long can they keep this up??
JOSHUACANADA Posted - 10/23/2017 : 09:53:00
What shocks you more, the fact that Vegas already has in 7 games, more than Edmonton, Arizona and San Jose in 22 combined games or that they have done so with Fleury on the shelf for half of those games?
Ripley Posted - 10/18/2017 : 15:32:17
Can't believe how well this team is playing!
JOSHUACANADA Posted - 10/18/2017 : 13:10:37
Bottom 5 is less than 78 points (last years standings), with the 10 points in 6 games so far they only need 68 points to break above the bottom 5 . If they go 50/50 for the season they get another 76. I think they can go at least a point per game pace to end the season and be above that watermark.
The Duke Posted - 10/15/2017 : 12:38:29
finish bottom 5 id say..first few games anything can happen , long season . Look at some of the names on pace for 100 points this season , as of right now .....some of these guys will post 50 points at years end .
leigh Posted - 10/11/2017 : 15:04:58
I hear ya loud and clear JoshuaC. Lol! I'm eating a little crow right now. It's a solid start and I'd be happy to be wrong because I love a good success story, but I'm going to state the obvious...it's very early.
JOSHUACANADA Posted - 10/10/2017 : 22:45:57
1st expansion team ever to start 3-0. That's ever fellas. They already have 10% of the points most people projected them to get.
leigh Posted - 10/03/2017 : 16:05:08
Of the 5 best inaugural expansion/relocation seasons, only one was a real expansion team like the Las Vegas Golden Knights, the St. Louis Blues in 67-68. The other four were all existing teams who relocated.

Of all 5 only one went on to win the cup; the Colorado Avalanche. I watched that run and it was magical. But they came from the Quebec Nordiques and that team was already a well oiled machine that was on it's way up with the likes of Joe Sakic, Owen Nolan and Peter Forsberg. In Colorado with the addition of Patrick Roy and Adam Foote they were set. They finished 1st in the division and second in the league. By far the best showing on the list!

The Calgary Flames finished 7th in the league in the 80-81 season after arriving from Atlanta. And they too were a perennial playoff team already.

The Dallas Star who were originally the Minnesota North Stars were a team on the rise as well. Lead by future hall of famer, Mike Modano, they finished in 6th spot in the league in 93-94.

St. Louis was the only team out of the top 5 who were an actual expansion team. With a few few beauties such as d***ie Moore, Terry Crisp and Glenn Hall ,they finished 3rd in the West in 67-68

The Phoenix Coyotes relocated from Winnipeg in the 96-97 season and placed 3rd in their division and 5th in the conference.

Credit where credit is due...http://www.thehockeynews.com/news/article/the-five-best-inaugural-seasons-by-expansion-or-relocated-franchises

My point is, that history is not really on their side. I don't think that it is very likely that the Las Vegas Golden Knights will reach very high this year. Bottom 15 for sure and because they'll be partying too hard Vegas-style probably bottom 8 or 10.

n/a Posted - 09/25/2017 : 08:42:19
I don't think they'll be as competetitive as some people think, I think they'll finish bottom 5 for sure, probably bottom 3.

Tough to vote any team as worst, because so much goes into having a bad season - and namely, things you can't predict like injuries and terrible seasons by decent players.

Don't Leaf me hanging, Buds!
JOSHUACANADA Posted - 09/22/2017 : 14:07:11
I don't think there as bad as some of the experts think they will be. I think they built right by going younger, strong on defense and got the right goalie in the draft. They wont make the playoffs, but I don't expect them to be last either. probably in the 16-20 range, but it will be interesting to see how it turns out at the end of the year.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page