Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Patrik Laine vs Auston Matthews

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
hanley6 Posted - 10/17/2017 : 08:59:21
Who would you rather on your team? And why?

...And the LEAFS Win the CUP
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
The Duke Posted - 11/06/2017 : 08:44:46
Im not so sold on Eichel yet as you guys . Dam good young player for sure but i think he has a long ways to go yet to be even mentioned in the leagues elite company . He has averaged .81 PPG so far and .333 GPG , pretty good for a young player . But does these numbers warrant 10 million per season ?? Not yet in my books . My concern with him is the fact that ive heard him pass the blame buck to everyone and everything in several different interviews ....NOT GOOD for such a young and inexperienced player . Certainly wont get you any teammate respect , especially from the veteran players . Show it on the ice with your play , not in front of a camera with your mouth .
n/a Posted - 10/25/2017 : 07:23:02
Matthews by a mile.

As a Leafs fan who watches him most often, you really appreciate him more than even the average fan. For instance, his defensive game is ridiculously good, something I think that gets missed because of his goal scoring prowess. I predict a Selke in his future, he's really that good. And he's gearing up to be a Datsyuk level player in terms of takeaways and stick work . . . just phenomenal skills both defensively and offensively.

If Matthews keeps trending upwards as he is, and if McDavid doesn't pick it up . . . I think the conversation is close. That being said, I think McDavid will be ahead of the crowd in the end. But since the beginning of this season, many Leaf fans like myself who would have never thought of Matthews being able to compete with McDavid for a Hart trophy, are now starting to wonder . . . he's just been really solid all-around this year and seems faster and better than last year. The kid really wants to be the best, you can see it. It's really impressive.

Laine's a very good player though obviously. I would take Eichel over Laine personally.

Don't Leaf me hanging, Buds!
leigh Posted - 10/24/2017 : 15:35:30
Gotta agree with you there Beans.
Beans15 Posted - 10/23/2017 : 09:56:32
It's a loaded question as it sits but a pretty easy one to answer. I think it's painfully obvious that Matthews is showing himself to be a franchise player. If there wasn't that plug named McDavid playing right now Matthews would be the odds on favorite to the be face of the NHL for the next 10 years. Matthews might even end up being the face based on playing in the epicenter of hockey. If I was making a list of the top 5 young guns in the league right now it would be McDavid, Matthews, Eiekel, Laine, and then an argument for #5.
JOSHUACANADA Posted - 10/18/2017 : 13:05:24
I am going to go with Matthews, but only because of the fact he is a #1 center and better 2 way player. A premier scoring winger is hard to come by, but its impossible to find a top end #1 center. In 5 years this may switch, but its a lot like the Crosby vs Ovechkin debate. One is a 2 way premier top line center, the other is the greatest goalscorer of the last 10+ years. I bet in 10 years we look back and the debate will be crystal clear who won, assuming one is more successful in the trophy cabinet than the other.
The Duke Posted - 10/17/2017 : 15:09:49
everybody knows i bleeds blue , to say the least lol....every time this topic comes up amongst friends i just simply sez.....listen , the leafs got Matthews - the jets got Laine , theyre both great players , enough said .

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page