Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 the end comes for us all

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
umteman Posted - 11/25/2017 : 07:21:18
In serious pain. Both my right knee and right hip are killing me! It is clear that my days of playing recreational hockey are over. A leisurely skate around the rink is about all I could manage anymore. Do you still play hockey and if so how old are you now?

Did you hear about the retired proctologist? He spent 40 years saying "what's a place like this doing in a girl like you?"
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Pasty7 Posted - 12/19/2017 : 07:27:07
I am only 30 but have been a goalie my entire life, both my knee and hip are done, waiting for surgery on my right knee as we speak. It has prevented me from keeping the net for close to a year now. Luckily I can still skate upfront so this year I have transitioned to a forward so I am still playing 3 times a week!

What I have learned though is moderation, 3 years ago I was playing in a Senior league on the ice for games twice a week with 1 practice and playing in 2 other pick up leagues,, I figured since as a kid I was always on the ice 4 to 5 times a week I could do it in my late 20's. Pretty sure that is where the knee problems stem from

Hello, 911? It's an emergency, my teddy bear's been kidnapped!
[pause] Hello? Hello?
leigh Posted - 11/29/2017 : 11:04:45
I'm feeling ya Umteman. It happens to the best of us. 3 years ago, in my early 40's, I hurt my lower back (right SI Joint to be specific) while taking a faceoff in my rec league (for the record, I won the draw! ) Originally I aggravated it at the gym and then blew it up in hockey. Sadly that was the last game I've played and I've only skated 3 times since then (my belly shows it too!) While the acute pain is gone, the chronic pain lingers. I've been contemplating finding a low level, non competitive, once-a-weeker to go out to...but I know myself and I don't know if I can just go easy. It's almost more of a mental adjustment than it is physical one.
umteman Posted - 11/27/2017 : 07:51:53
So was I at that age. I am now 57 and done with even pick up games!

Did you hear about the retired proctologist? He spent 40 years saying "what's a place like this doing in a girl like you?"
ryan93 Posted - 11/26/2017 : 19:52:26
33 (34 in a couple weeks) and yes I'm in a rec league.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page