Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Eastern Conference -Metropolitan Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Pittsburgh
 An interesting trade but...

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
umteman Posted - 02/24/2018 : 15:51:59
...is it what the Pens really needed? I would rather have seen them pick up a quality blue liner. How do you think this trade will work out for the others involved?

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/untangling-trades-landed-derick-brassard-180700778.html

Did you hear about the retired proctologist? He spent 40 years saying "what's a place like this doing in a girl like you?"
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
ryan93 Posted - 03/02/2018 : 19:04:02
Ryan Spooner has been unbelievable so far, with 6 points through 7 periods so far with Rangers. He actually has more points then Rick Nash this season believe it or not.
ryan93 Posted - 02/26/2018 : 17:45:44
Well that's was an interesting few days as a Rangers fan. They weren't kidding about blowing things up. Out are captain Ryan McDonagh, JT Miller, Rick Nash, Michael Grabner and Nick Holden.

The Rangers were able to get quite a few pieces in return which hopefully will help in the rebuild. From current roster players such as Vladislav Namestnikov & Ryan Spooner, to solid prospects such as Brett Howden, Libor Hajek, and Ryan Lindgren. In all 14 pieces came back the Rangers way, including a guaranteed 2 1st round picks (if Tampa Bay wins the Cup either this season or next, it'll be 3 1st rounders).

Finally, I just might have to cheer for the Lightning in the playoffs. Not only would a Cup give the Rangers a second 1st round pick (albeit the 31st pick), but they now have 5 ex-Rangers on their roster. All 5 played key roles on teams that went deep in the playoffs the past few seasons, and include their past two captains in McDonagh & Callahan...

Ryan McDonagh
Dan Girardi
Anton Stralman
JT Miller
Ryan Callahan

JOSHUACANADA Posted - 02/25/2018 : 16:44:39
quote:
Originally posted by umteman

Me too!

Did you hear about the retired proctologist? He spent 40 years saying "what's a place like this doing in a girl like you?"

Gonna miss Brassard. No matter what the stats says, his line in Ottawa always drove the play and he was the most responsible center on the team. Unfortunately he didn't always get the best linemates.
umteman Posted - 02/24/2018 : 17:08:53
Me too!

ryan93 Posted - 02/24/2018 : 16:55:03
I love this trade for the Pens. I was a big fan of Brassard while he was with the Rangers. They went on some deep playoff runs (Rangers actually have played the most playoff games since 2012, 5 more than PIT), and Brassard was a beast! He came through in the clutch for the Rangers, and I expect nothing less from him in Pittsburgh. That trio of Crosby, Malkin, Brassard down the middle is as good as it gets. I’m hoping for a Pens three-peat!

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page