Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Eastern Conference -Metropolitan Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Pittsburgh
 A threepeat?

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
umteman Posted - 04/03/2018 : 19:51:57
Well it would be nice but two felt good enough that i won't be disappointed if there isn't a third.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/m/962d239b-4c19-3775-a107-cd4670d9a876/penguins-emerge-from-funk-as.html

Did you hear about the retired proctologist? He spent 40 years saying "what's a place like this doing in a girl like you?"
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
umteman Posted - 05/08/2018 : 17:41:16
I suppose I will also be pulling for Ovie and co. even if just so i can say it took the cup winner to eliminate my team.

Did you hear about the retired proctologist? He spent 40 years saying "what's a place like this doing in a girl like you?"
ryan93 Posted - 05/08/2018 : 16:32:05
I like the Pens, and normally I would be cheering for them in this match up, but I couldn’t decide who I wanted to come out on top this time around. I would of loved to see Sid, Geno & company three peat and cement their dynasty status...but at the same time, I really wanted to see Ovechkin finally have some playoff success, he deserves it! He’s been a beast most of these playoffs, just like he has most playoffs in general. He either scored or set up the winner the last 3 games. All coming in either the dying minutes or overtime!

I’ll be rooting for the Caps from here on out, although I have a warm spot for the Lightning as well with their 5 ex-Rangers (including their past 2 captains in McDonagh & Callahan). I’m a big fan of Dan Girardi, would love to see him win a Cup.
umteman Posted - 05/08/2018 : 05:50:57
Oh well, we won two in a row which is rare itself; three is almost unheard of. And for the first time in the Ovechkin era the Capitals get past the second round.

The Duke Posted - 04/09/2018 : 15:14:15
Lets go Leafs !!!!!
leigh Posted - 04/07/2018 : 12:26:01
He's had a few gafs along the way but he definitely doesn't shoulder the blame. His point totals aside, his passion for the game and his leadership through action is exemplary. I can't help but feel that one of these years the luck will turn for that team. And luck plays a tremendous part of winning the cup. Any one of the top half dozen teams has a real shot, but if that was all it took then why do so many teams come out of nowhere to win cups? Dumb luck and a hot streak at the right time is why.

I think for the first time in my life I'm going to cheer for Washington from the start of the playoffs! lol!

But back to the topic at hand, I have no illusions that Pittsburgh can't threepeat. They are still the real deal.
ryan93 Posted - 04/06/2018 : 17:35:38
I think Ovechkin gets too much of the blame for the Caps past playoff failures. He's actually been very productive in the post season over the years, putting up 46 goals & 44 assists for 90 points in 97 games. More often the not the problem has been the goaltending, defence, or secondary scoring.
umteman Posted - 04/06/2018 : 17:08:25
Ovie hasn't got it in him. He has gone into the playoffs umpteen times even with a president's trophy winner and didn't get past the second round.

leigh Posted - 04/06/2018 : 10:46:55
quote:
Originally posted by umteman

So was two!

lol! You got me there. But, while statistically speaking each year has the same odds, the core ages which makes it harder to repeat.

Frankly, since my Flames didn't show this year I'd like to see Washington finally get one. They've earned it.
umteman Posted - 04/06/2018 : 05:09:02
So was two!

leigh Posted - 04/05/2018 : 15:53:18
There is no doubt that they are in the running this year. But man, three? Whew! It's a long shot!

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page