Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Sedins retire

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
umteman Posted - 04/02/2018 : 20:18:06
Half expected really. the only twins to both record over 1,000 NHL points. How long do you figure till they go into HHOF?

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/two-kind-sedin-twins-retire-172609973.html

Did you hear about the retired proctologist? He spent 40 years saying "what's a place like this doing in a girl like you?"
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
nuxfan Posted - 05/05/2018 : 19:38:43
I would definitely like to see them get into the HHOF, but based on individual merits, I honestly don't know if they have enough to get there. leigh's list is full of comparable players, they all have strengths and weaknesses (higher point totals vs individual awards vs international success), its difficult to say that either Daniel or Henrik were better than any of them.

I think two things that will push them over the top:

- the uniqueness of their achievement: they were twins that played together and achieved almost equally to each other. Other siblings had more combined success (mostly with more brothers), but none were twins and only the Richard's matched the equality of the Sedins. I don't expect to see another pair of 1000 point twins in my lifetime.

- off ice leadership/community service: I don't know whether or not things like this factor into HHOF voting, but if it does then this might be one of their greatest strengths. If you don't live in Vancouver its hard to describe how much of an impact they have had on the city over the past ~10 years, and how much they have contributed to charities/events/childrens hospital, etc. Ex-players and coaches often talk about their leadership qualities off the ice as well. Could be a case of blue tinted glasses, but I get the sense that they have done comparatively more for their home city than other long-tenured players.
ryan93 Posted - 04/12/2018 : 19:43:43
While I don’t necessarily think they deserve to get in before some of the people you listed, I suppose one edge they would have is the fact that they each won an Art Ross Trophy, while Henrik also won a Hart Trophy. From that list, only Iginla can say he won an Art Ross, and none have a Hart Trophy to their name.
Beans15 Posted - 04/12/2018 : 11:04:24
quote:
Originally posted by leigh

There is a 3 year waiting period and they'll probably get in - aside from their obvious talent, the 'twin' card will help the case. It will be interesting how they handle, two spots or one. If considered individually then there are a ton of players with the similar or better levels of success that should be considered first...

- Jeremy Roenick
- Pierre Turgeon
- Daniel Alfredsson (fellow Swede)
- Jerome Iginla
- Alex Mogilny
- Rod Brind'Amour
- Vini Damphouse
- Keith Tkachuck
- Doug Weight
- Alexi Kovalev
- Dave Taylor
- Bobby Smith
- Bernie Nichols
- Brian Propp
- Steve Larmer
- Dale Hunter
- Pat Verbeek
- Brian Bellows
- Theoren Fleury
- Ray Whitney

Apologies if I made errors and some are already inducted, but I think I have it right.

I was fortunate enough to be at their last game. Classy players.

As far as the HOF, they will likely get in, eventually. But to Leigh's point, there are players on the list with comparable numbers and those with a ring are likely to get the nod before the Sedins.
leigh Posted - 04/05/2018 : 16:26:32
There is a 3 year waiting period and they'll probably get in - aside from their obvious talent, the 'twin' card will help the case. It will be interesting how they handle, two spots or one. If considered individually then there are a ton of players with the similar or better levels of success that should be considered first...

- Jeremy Roenick
- Pierre Turgeon
- Daniel Alfredsson (fellow Swede)
- Jerome Iginla
- Alex Mogilny
- Rod Brind'Amour
- Vini Damphouse
- Keith Tkachuck
- Doug Weight
- Alexi Kovalev
- Dave Taylor
- Bobby Smith
- Bernie Nichols
- Brian Propp
- Steve Larmer
- Dale Hunter
- Pat Verbeek
- Brian Bellows
- Theoren Fleury
- Ray Whitney

Apologies if I made errors and some are already inducted, but I think I have it right.

JOSHUACANADA Posted - 04/03/2018 : 18:43:32
They should be first ballet and only take up 1 spot for the induction.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page