Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 25 best ever?

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
umteman Posted - 07/05/2019 : 18:47:44
What do you think of this list? I've got some issues with it. For starters Jagr is placed too low and probably Crosby and Messier also.

https://newarena.com/other-sports/ranked-the-25-greatest-players-in-nhl-history/?amxt=obdt_new_narrow_e

Did you hear about the retired proctologist? He spent 40 years saying "what's a place like this doing in a girl like you?"
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
slozo Posted - 03/20/2023 : 20:36:55
I think we have to start thinking about putting McDavid on this list . . . top ten list, I mean. Never thought that would happen, but it's happening right now - he is just a generational player, by that true definition, obliterating records, doing what he wants at will.

100 pts? Yeah I can do that . . .
oh shoot - you gave so much credit to Matthews scoring 60 to take away my trophy?
I'll score 50 for the first time, then 60, maybe more.

Goddamn . . . he's a machine on a mission. So impressive, and it seems he can do anything that he wills.

Hope he leaves Edmonton before winning his Stanley Cup . . . they've had enough luck with generational players.
slozo Posted - 09/27/2022 : 09:47:50
Revisiting this list . . . I'll submit mine here, minus
- goalies (not fair to compare them with skaters)
- old timers (not fair to them, it was a different time and a totally different scene for sports in general)

1) Gretzky
2) Lemieux
3) Orr (considerably shortened career puts him 3rd)
4) Gordie Howe (oldest guy on list but he ushered in the modern era)
5) Jagr
6) Crosby
7) Ovechkin
8) Bossy
9) Messier
10) Lafleur
11) Bobby Hull
12) Lidstrom
13) Bourque
14) Yzerman

What do you think?
ryan93 Posted - 04/21/2020 : 19:11:17
quote:
Originally posted by JOSHUACANADA

I opened it and seen Modando on the list at 25. Closed the article with no interest in it, what so ever, from that point forward.

Mike Modano was a great player, but no way is he one of the top 25 players of all time! And Martin Brodeur at #8?? It’s hard to argue against his stats, and he has the Cups to go along with them as well, but there is no way he is the 8th best player of all time! And all those goaltenders on the list, but no Domink Hasek? IMO Hasek & Roy are the best 2 goaltenders of all time. I always say that if it’s game 7 of the SCF, I want Patrick Roy in my crease. But Domink Hasek for a stretch of 6 or 7 years in the 90s was the best goaltending i have ever saw!

Finally, while I don’t agree with much from this particular list, I will say that it is impossible to put together a list like this which crosses generations. How can anyone really know how, for example, Howie Morenz & Sidney Crosby compare? I agree with, I think it might of been one of the guys from the Overdrive podcast but not sure. That any least really should be divided into two groups. The modern era, and pre expansion.
leigh Posted - 03/07/2020 : 12:29:04
quote:
Originally posted by slozo

Wow, terrible list.

Ovechkin in the teens, and Mike Bossy ahead of him at 12?!?
Jagr behind them both?!?
Guy Lafleur ahead of all three of those guys?!?
Bobby Hull ahead of them?

I mean, I'm not even going to comment on putting in the old timer hockey players from a totally different era in there between the modern era greats - I've never agreed with doing that, and I don't think it's fair to either. And putting in the goalies on the list is tough as hell.

But you can't have Bobby Hull ahead of Jagr, Ovechkin, and Crosby.
You just can't.

Don't Leaf me hanging, Buds!

Hey Slozo! Love ya buddy, but have to disagree on this. Bossy was as pure a goal scorer as there ever was. A sight to behold! 10ish seasons makes his scoring prowess legit. 35 years later his points per game are still unmatched; not Wayne, not Alex, not even Mario touch him in that department.

Having said that, I'm not sure how old that list is and I think that Ovechkin will pass most of them in goals by the time his career is over. He has a solid chance of passing Wayne so he'll likely settle comfortably in within the top 5 best players of all time - probably ahead of Crosby.

Love to see where McDavid ends up on this list in 15 years!
n/a Posted - 02/20/2020 : 07:49:09
Wow, terrible list.

Ovechkin in the teens, and Mike Bossy ahead of him at 12?!?
Jagr behind them both?!?
Guy Lafleur ahead of all three of those guys?!?
Bobby Hull ahead of them?

I mean, I'm not even going to comment on putting in the old timer hockey players from a totally different era in there between the modern era greats - I've never agreed with doing that, and I don't think it's fair to either. And putting in the goalies on the list is tough as hell.

But you can't have Bobby Hull ahead of Jagr, Ovechkin, and Crosby.
You just can't.

Don't Leaf me hanging, Buds!
umteman Posted - 07/09/2019 : 15:45:47
I have bigger objection to Jagr at only 19 and Crosby at only 15. Messier is certainly a top ten but at ten may be too low. When you talk about complete players/best all around Messier is certainly a name that quickly comes to mind.

Did you hear about the retired proctologist? He spent 40 years saying "what's a place like this doing in a girl like you?"
JOSHUACANADA Posted - 07/08/2019 : 12:49:19
I opened it and seen Modando on the list at 25. Closed the article with no interest in it, what so ever, from that point forward.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page