Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Western Conference - Central Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Chicago
 $6 million for Havlat?

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
pucker Posted - 07/10/2006 : 08:31:09
The Blackhawks are insane to give this spoiled little punk $18 million over 3 years. He had a decent season in 03-04 but if I remember correctly he started the season late because he was in a contract dipute with Ottawa. If he is so good then why did Ottawa get rid of him for Preissing and futures? They dealt him because they were in another dispute over $$ and length of contract. Reminds me of Yashin - have fun in Chicago buddy.
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
leafsfan1 Posted - 03/31/2007 : 06:15:35
i think they should pay him 4.5 million
Myles06-07 Posted - 11/05/2006 : 07:57:02
If you want to keep him pay him the 6 million. Thats the only way you will EVER get Havlat style players than will register 110+ points.
bablaboushka Posted - 07/11/2006 : 13:34:56
Mark Bell isn't a bad pick up, but compared to what the other teams got....I don't think he's worth giving up Preissing (who is a mobile offensive defenceman ideal for the new NHL) and another prospect. It was though a cheap pickup more than anything. But with SJ's defence getting younger and younger, they need a proven veteran presence. Carle, Davison and them are getting better and will be very good D, but running a team's defence on rookies isn't the wisest idea.
Jack Kayden 66 Posted - 07/11/2006 : 08:25:00
The Hawks got snubbed on Elias as they were willing to pony up 6-7 million but not for the 7 years he ended up getting in NJ. I guess Havlat is an Elias style player.

Mark Bell isn't a bad pick up for SJ. Losing Preissing wouldn't be a big deal for most teams but the Sharks are kind of thin on D aren't they? Maybe they will pick someone up through FA but who is left? Is Zidlicky unrestricted?
Ripley Posted - 07/10/2006 : 11:52:12
I agree it is too much but he is going to be a super star. That kid has speed, moves and a deadly snap shot. He's the poster-child for the new NHL and I think that's what the Blackhawks were thinking.
bablaboushka Posted - 07/10/2006 : 09:36:09
Man the Sharks got ripped off in this 3-way deal.
goon Posted - 07/10/2006 : 09:17:55
Tanguay got 5 and change. Gagne is asking in the 4.5 - 5.5 range. I would take either of those guys ahead of Havlat. Sure he gets points but who wouldnt on the Senators. He will never be a winner.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page