Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Eastern Conference -Metropolitan Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... NY Islanders
 Neil Smith Fired!!!

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Ryan Harper Posted - 07/18/2006 : 11:14:55
After a month and a half on the job he is no longer the Islanders GM.

Its true - check it out:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=171632&hubname=
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
pucker Posted - 07/24/2006 : 08:56:23
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Even after a week, I can't stop laughing. I feel so sorry for all of the Islander fans.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHtill find this fu
Ryan Harper Posted - 07/20/2006 : 08:15:55
Not that I think Ted Nolan had much to do with this insane change but I gaurantee that this will only add fuel to the "Ted Nolans a GM Killer" fire.

Snow will get his first challenge as GM when he has to represent the club at Mike York's arbitration case this week. Should be interesting to have to rip into a former teammate in hopes of the arbitrator awarding a low salary.
leigh Posted - 07/19/2006 : 23:05:06
I heard Garth Snow on sportsdesk tonight. It was hilarious, even he called himself a second rate goalie. I'm pretty sure that he'll be a "yes man" for the big guys. What kind of message is that sending? Maybe they are setting him up to be a scapegoat for a season that is already written off????
slapshot Posted - 07/19/2006 : 08:49:17
This is just rediculous. Charles Wang is officially the worst owner in the league. His reasoning was that Smith wasn't working with the rest of the crew: Pat Lafontaine, Brian Trottier etc. Well guess what - Lafontaine quit right after Smith was fired.

This organization is screwed.
NuckH8R Posted - 07/18/2006 : 13:52:05
I just saw that too on the Score. Can you belive it? Apparantley Garth Snow retired today and is taking over. Maybe Smith wasn't working out as a puppet to Milburry and Snow will do as he is told.

Lets put this into practise here: Pick a team, take its backup goalie and make him the teams GM.

Mika Noronen, GM of the Vancouver Canucks. Sounds kinda crazy to me.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page