Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 Best one, two punch.

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
ED11 Posted - 03/14/2007 : 22:49:26
Which team has had the best one, two punch this season?

P.S Try not basing your opinion PURELY on points. Try thinking about other factors as well
31   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Guest4069 Posted - 03/29/2007 : 22:55:13
You never know, The sedins could be good without each other, but neither of them has had that chance.
1 Crosby fan Posted - 03/27/2007 : 19:28:47
look at it this way each twin needs the other one so they can be twins
and the best duo i think is Crosby/Malkin because they are two young good players and the Marleau/Thornton duo is awesome too but have to go with Crosby/Malkin
Honorable Mentions:St.Louis/Lecavaier because look at them they both have almost 100 points and if they had a better goalie they would be mentioned more because they would be winning and Hossa/Kovalchuk/Tkachuk/Kozlov because look at them all having career years i think
bablaboushka Posted - 03/27/2007 : 18:47:50
quote:
Originally posted by Patchy

At first I put Spezza and Heatley, but I'm starting to agree more and more that the Sedins are the more dominant duo, becuase without eachother, they aren't as good. The same can be said for the TB duo.

You are going in the wrong direction...

The Sedins are OK, and only together. They are not dominant. Just because each other's career depends on the other's doesn't make them dominant. They are just a package deal.

I'm sure St. Louis/Lecavalier would be just fine alone. The big difference between them and the Sedins is that they are dominant players that have chemistry. They could be game-breakers on any team, with or without each other.
Patchy Posted - 03/27/2007 : 18:37:15
At first I put Spezza and Heatley, but I'm starting to agree more and more that the Sedins are the more dominant duo, becuase without eachother, they aren't as good. The same can be said for the TB duo.

~~Go Leafs Go~~
ED11 Posted - 03/27/2007 : 18:18:51
Thank you babs. Finally someone says it about the twins. I agree.
bablaboushka Posted - 03/27/2007 : 16:02:38
I'd love to see how they did separated. I give them 50 points tops.
Guest9671 Posted - 03/27/2007 : 08:28:38
Intersting stat: The Sedins have COMBINED on more goals than any other duo in the NHL this year. They're definitely my favourites to watch!
Canucks Man Posted - 03/21/2007 : 00:18:54
quote:
Originally posted by ED11

quote:
Originally posted by Canucks Man

quote:

Ok lets get something striaght here. The Sedin twins are not that great of a duo. Leave your Vancouver pride out on the door step when answering a poll. I have been told that many times about the "Toronto" pride. The duo's that I put up are ALL among the best in the NHL. And if you don't agree then select "other" and specify who.

Have you ever watched a Canucks game, I think not, If you had you would no the magic the 2 of them show on the ice, the ability to find each other in open spaces, just yesterday in the Canucks Oilers game Henrik made an impossible pass to the goal line where Daniel was and Daniel scored, this was a pass that fooled every Oiler on the ice.

CANUCKS RULE!!!

Ok, I never said that they weren't a good duo. They are. I have watched Canucks games this season. But, with that said, I didn't put them up there because they don't stick out in my mind like the guys that I did put up there. I don't know what else I can say. It's not like I didn't include "other" and say that the duo's I put up were the only good duo's in the NHL.

I believe that the Sedin's will only be getting better. They still have room for much improvement.

OK I understand now that the players on your list are more "Stars" then the Twins and thats why you put them up, but im happy you reconize them as a good duo that can only get better.

CANUCKS RULE!!!
ED11 Posted - 03/21/2007 : 00:15:16
quote:
Originally posted by Canucks Man

quote:

Ok lets get something striaght here. The Sedin twins are not that great of a duo. Leave your Vancouver pride out on the door step when answering a poll. I have been told that many times about the "Toronto" pride. The duo's that I put up are ALL among the best in the NHL. And if you don't agree then select "other" and specify who.

Have you ever watched a Canucks game, I think not, If you had you would no the magic the 2 of them show on the ice, the ability to find each other in open spaces, just yesterday in the Canucks Oilers game Henrik made an impossible pass to the goal line where Daniel was and Daniel scored, this was a pass that fooled every Oiler on the ice.

CANUCKS RULE!!!

Ok, I never said that they weren't a good duo. They are. I have watched Canucks games this season. But, with that said, I didn't put them up there because they don't stick out in my mind like the guys that I did put up there. I don't know what else I can say. It's not like I didn't include "other" and say that the duo's I put up were the only good duo's in the NHL.

I believe that the Sedin's will only be getting better. They still have room for much improvement.
Canucks Man Posted - 03/20/2007 : 18:36:36
quote:
Originally posted by PainTrain

Thornton and Marleau because 1997 entry draft first overall Joe Thornton and 2nd overall Patrick Marleau.

I definatly think they are a good duo, but what does that have to do with it?

CANUCKS RULE!!!
Canucks Man Posted - 03/20/2007 : 18:35:11
quote:

CANUCKS RULE!!!
PainTrain Posted - 03/20/2007 : 18:34:34
Thornton and Marleau because 1997 entry draft first overall Joe Thornton and 2nd overall Patrick Marleau.
ED11 Posted - 03/20/2007 : 18:31:26
ultimatetitman Posted - 03/20/2007 : 11:56:03
Hey, don't get me wrong... the twins are great! I'm simply saying that I don't think it's fair to consider them the best one-two combo in the league. If they were, they'd be out on the ice on all of the most important situations. That's all I'm saying.
Canucks Man Posted - 03/20/2007 : 11:50:39
quote:
Originally posted by ultimatetitman

Babs, I am finding myself agree with you more and more every day... that can't be good! ;-)
It has to be the TB duo... And it can't be the Sedins - as much as I am a Canucks fan - simply because they don't play on the penalty kill. That about sums up their game.
Now I know some of you will argue that Vigneault sits them on the PK to rest them, but what about in crucial game situations, where there are less than 5 minutes left and they're down by 1. The coach HAS to put his best players on the ice at that time, and still, no Sedins.
If they are not that reliable defensively, how can you consider them the BEST one-two punch?

I will remind you that the twins were swedins #1 PK unit in the olympics, and yes Vigneault doesnt put them out there so they can rest, and how can you be saying all that when the canucks have the #1 PK in the league without the twins, so what does it matter if they play on it or not?

CANUCKS RULE!!!
bablaboushka Posted - 03/20/2007 : 11:46:53
He does know what he's doing and he correctly excluded the Sedin twins. They are not better than any of those duos up there and only Canucks fans think they are.
Blubberboy Posted - 03/20/2007 : 10:09:32
Come on where are the Sedin Twins????
They are one of the best.
Come on man you gotta know what youre doing before you make a poll for the public.

Go Vancouver
ultimatetitman Posted - 03/20/2007 : 10:04:54
Babs, I am finding myself agree with you more and more every day... that can't be good! ;-)
It has to be the TB duo... And it can't be the Sedins - as much as I am a Canucks fan - simply because they don't play on the penalty kill. That about sums up their game.
Now I know some of you will argue that Vigneault sits them on the PK to rest them, but what about in crucial game situations, where there are less than 5 minutes left and they're down by 1. The coach HAS to put his best players on the ice at that time, and still, no Sedins.
If they are not that reliable defensively, how can you consider them the BEST one-two punch?
-oil-country- Posted - 03/15/2007 : 13:53:32
What about Selanne/Macdonald or Ovechkin/Semin but anyways I say Thornton/Marleau because in my mind Thornton is the best playmaker in the league and Marleau is a great sppedy forward.
Canucks Man Posted - 03/15/2007 : 13:31:09
quote:
Originally posted by bablaboushka
Canucks taught us a lesson? More like an OT win in a game that could have gone either way. I'll give it to you though, you Canucks fans need to keep your esteem up any way you can seen as Minnesota is taking over the division .

I dont think you watched that game Babs, If you had you would no that the game went to overtime based only on the steller play of Nabokov, the shots were 37-26 in favor of the canucks. I will also remind you that a Twin was in on both goals.

CANUCKS RULE!!!
tctitans Posted - 03/15/2007 : 13:13:37
quote:

I'll give it to you though, you Canucks fans need to keep your esteem up any way you can seen as Minnesota is taking over the division .

True... but I'm already happy as a clam and nothing in the last 12 games can change that. We're 70 games into the season and the Nux are SIXTH in the NHL. Which, by default, makes them a better team at this point than all teams below them in the standings, including SJ.
Mikhailova Posted - 03/15/2007 : 13:05:10
Based purely on points it's St. Louis and Lecavalier.
ED11 Posted - 03/15/2007 : 12:01:01
Myabe I should have put the Sedins in but then there is a lot more duo's that come into mind as well. So if you think that the best duo is the Sedins choose other and specity it.
ryschevy1 Posted - 03/15/2007 : 10:40:34
St.Louis and Lecavalier!!! Stats don't lie!!!

GO OIL!!! YA!!!
bablaboushka Posted - 03/15/2007 : 10:06:04
quote:
Originally posted by admin

Babs, you crack me up. Always have to throw in the SJ side of things. And I know that the Sharks schooled the Hawks, but remember, my Canucks taught your boys a lesson last week.

Well obviously I have to make some people realize that there is a world outside of Crosby, and I'm taking advantage of the fact that ED was smart enough to include the team with the top two lines in the league.

Canucks taught us a lesson? More like an OT win in a game that could have gone either way. I'll give it to you though, you Canucks fans need to keep your esteem up any way you can seen as Minnesota is taking over the division .
admin Posted - 03/15/2007 : 09:56:07
The Sedins can be considered a top duo for 1 reason:

Together on the same team you have two 80+ point players

Apart you have two 50 point players

I agree that in terms of overall effectiveness there are many other duos to consider over the Sedins, but they are a unique pair in the sense that 1 + 1 = 3

Babs, you crack me up. Always have to throw in the SJ side of things. And I know that the Sharks schooled the Hawks, but remember, my Canucks taught your boys a lesson last week.
bablaboushka Posted - 03/15/2007 : 09:43:03
Well it depends what you mean by one-two. If you mean the most "dynamic duo" then it has to be St. Louis and Lecavalier hands down. All you BC guys are saying the Sedins (which by the way I wouldn't take over any of the above pairs and I would even throw in a couple more before I would pick them) because they control the puck so well down low. Well they do, but have you ever seen a TB game this year? I've seen Vancouver games and TB games and the TB duo one-up's the Sedins at everything, and to see the way they control it on the PP, it's truly amazing.

BUT if you meant best one-two as in spread out over two lines, then it's either SJ or Atlanta with no close competition. With Atlanta, you think you're ok cause you just shut down Hossa and Kozlov but then BANG, on come Kovalchuk and Tkachuk. That's a serious one-two right there. WIth SJ, you have to first defend their "1A" line with Cheechoo-Thornton-Michalek THEN you get smacked with "1B" with Bell-Marleau-Guerin. That's a serious knockout punch, and Chicago learned that the hard way Tuesday night.
Saku Steen Posted - 03/15/2007 : 04:41:21
I think Kovalchuk and Hossa is the best duo. Thet are just so skilled.
Guest4040 Posted - 03/15/2007 : 01:09:48
the sedins should be up there and i would pick them over some of those guys. They control the puck so well together its scary. You should see then in the offensive zone, they al ways have the puck and are always seeing eachother. I swear, they can play blindfolded together and still be able to pass it to eachother. The only downside to the Sedins is they cant skate as fast as lets say Gaborik and Demitra.
I really suggest you should put the Sedins up there
ED11 Posted - 03/14/2007 : 23:21:09
You wouldn't be saying Daniel and Henrik just because you are a Canucks fan would you? haha, I'm kidding. You have a point with Niedermayer and Pronger I'll give you that. But I would put many players over the Sedins.
Canucks Man Posted - 03/14/2007 : 23:15:37
Daniel and Henrik Sedin, they can find themselves anywhere, Id say Niedermayer and Pronger are up there, both Norris trophy calibre dmen

CANUCKS RULE!!!

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page