Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Eastern Conference -Metropolitan Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Philadelphia
 Philadelphia Flyers in 07/08

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
87CrOsBy87 Posted - 03/29/2007 : 19:22:50
How will the Flyers do next season?

!Go Canucks Go!

CROSBY RULES!
19   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Guest5160 Posted - 05/08/2007 : 09:24:36
f*** u flyers guy, briere better stay a sabre, they better work somin out to keep em both f*** u f*** u f*** u f*** u f*** u
manninm Posted - 04/26/2007 : 06:51:44
I think my hatred of the Canes has worn off. That said, I can't imagine there's another team I hate more than the Flyers. But, chances are they're going to go nuts in Free Agency and pick up some real talent. Add that so some of their young crop, plus Biron in net, who's not a Stanley Cup caliber goalie, but will win you some games, the Flyers will be in the playoffs next year.

Because the demands on a goalie are mostly mental, it means that for a goalie, the biggest enemy is himself." ~Ken Dryden
Guest0627 Posted - 04/26/2007 : 06:06:31
The Flyers. Probally one of the most sucessful franchises (win wise) in NHL history. Finally they were deemed the worse team in the NHL. How does this happen? Considering teh fact that Mike Richards, Jeff Carter, RJ Umberger and Antero Nittymaki, did NO WHERE what they did last year sums half the problem up. Our sophmores went through the sophmore slump and didn't really produce. Gagne again, hit 40 goals so he isnt the problem. We know he works well with Knuble and Knuble is a good power foward type of player. He isnt the problem. I even believe Darien Hatcher stepped up his game and he played extremely well this year. Joni Pitkanen needs to step it up alot and this next year should be a break out year for him. Picking up Scottie Upshall was an amazing break through and the Flyers can put him to good use and turn him into a threat for this up coming season. Jeff Carter played well with Gagne and Upshall and may be put on a line together for next season. Mike York should be GONE. Thank god. Hopefully Holgrem would see that atleast. The Flyers picked up Afenesenkov off of waivers in which people are considering the best waiver type move that happend this year in the NHL. Sami Kapenen is just a solid player that can have a good game every night. No complaint in him. Our D is somewhat sketchy. Hatcher and Cobourn should be fine. Gauthier the only reason he is staying his because he'll F up your day and we still need that presence on the blueline. Pitkanen will do fine and Ryan Parent will be an excellent addition back on D. Rathje, we'll probally make him retire. Picard might be sent back to the AHL IF we pick up certain people in the offseason. Jones is a horrible D man and there is no reason he should stay. He does have good offensive awareness but we need D over that. So all and all next years team (atleast form last years roster) will be fine, except for D, depends what happens then.

The offseason. The Buffalo Sabres CANT keep both Drury and Briere. We have to pick up one of those two. Both are great players and both can be put in the Center spot for us. So that shouldnt be that big of a deal. On D we can pick up Kimmo Timmonen, (Jussi Timmoenens brother) and he'll be one of our best D-men. We have enough cap space to do it and with two additions it can bolster our team greatly.

Centers:
Briere
Carter
Richards
Umberger

Left Wing:
Afansekov
Gagne
Sanderson
Cote
Eager
Fedoruk

Right Wing:
Knuble
Kapenen
UpShall
Ruzicka

Defense:
Coubourn
Hatcher
Timmonen
Gauthier
Kukkonen
Parent
Pitkanen

Goalies:
Biron
Nittymaki

Obvisouly not a 20 man roster, but those are the guys you SHOULD be seeing next year and that team SHOULD be a playoff team next year.

And no they will not be worse. No way.
Leafs Rock Planet Posted - 04/13/2007 : 15:09:55
They did get better goaltending in Martin Biron

Always next year!!
Eziwrath Posted - 04/13/2007 : 08:10:10
I did not hear of any big players being out there waiting to be drafted this year so it will depend on the off season deals, in any way i will be very surprised if they will be back in shape as soon as next year.

~Crosby is #1~
PuckNuts Posted - 04/11/2007 : 21:03:35
It all depends on how the #1 pick works out...

There are: People that make things happen, people that watch things happen, and people that wonder what happened, who are you...
JerseyDevil Posted - 04/09/2007 : 00:57:01
They or the Devils have had the top spot in the Atlantic for the past 10 or so years- but they have never been this bad. This year actually breaks their franchise record for their worst season, and it's one of the biggest drops in points in consecutive seasons since the Red Wings back in the '69-'70 and '70-'71 seasons, when they dropped 40 points. Philly had 101 points last year, and now they finished at 56 for this season- that's a drop of 45 points. It's hard to do worse than that, so I voted for "OK." I don't know why they did so bad this season, but i know that Nitty and Esche were just off this season. They had a similar roster last year, and all the big names (Gagne, Forsberg, etc) were the same until Forsberg got traded, so I dont understand how they lost their touch that badly.
On a different note, however, I LOVED watching the Flyers suffer this year- I go to school in Philly, and I'm a Devils fan- last season everyone was huge into the Flyers, and they were talking big. Now, this season, no one (and I mean no one) mentions them- when I bring it up, they just say "I dont care" or something similarly dismissive- but I know it's eating them up inside ... DEVILS FOR THE CUP IN '07
ED11 Posted - 04/04/2007 : 15:18:56
Is everyone forgetting that the Flyers were one of the top teams in the league for like 4-5 years before this season? I have wondered this whole season as to what the hell happened to them but I STRONGLY feel that it was just their goaltending and pretty much a freak year. They have a strong offense with many talented young players. AND, now they have Biron. I predict that next year the Flyers are somewhere in between 7th and 4th in the eastern conference.
hithere311 Posted - 04/04/2007 : 14:49:45
I hope they go best in the league, but I can only hope.
leafsfan_101 Posted - 04/01/2007 : 16:08:09
No, I don't think they will be much better next year either. They will be like Pittsburgh, it will take time. They will have many young players and they will be too inexperienced to make any decent run. Maybe in a couple of years, but not next year.

Long Live Leafs Nation!!
PainTrain Posted - 04/01/2007 : 15:54:52
They will be a fighter for a playoff spot next year and they did get Marty Biron who is a pretty good goaltender.
Saku Steen Posted - 03/30/2007 : 04:04:00
They will be OK if they make some deals in the off-season.
Canucks Man Posted - 03/29/2007 : 22:31:48
I think they will do alot better then this year.

CANUCKS RULE!!!
Get The Towels Out Guys PLAYOFFS!!!
semin-rules Posted - 03/29/2007 : 20:41:39
My guess is between 7th and 10th in the East

~~~~~GO STARS~~~~~
jbraiter Posted - 03/29/2007 : 19:55:33
next year i think they will be fighting for a playoff spot
1 Crosby fan Posted - 03/29/2007 : 19:41:06
How can they do worse than this year? well anyway i said OK

Winners never Quit and Quitters never win
bablaboushka Posted - 03/29/2007 : 19:33:54
Make sure you watch where you post this. It was in User Polls but belongs in the Philadelphia forum.
PENSFAN8771 Posted - 03/29/2007 : 19:26:40
Barring any major improvements, I don't think they will do very well next year. I voted for same as this year, but I think a more accurate answer would be a little better than this year, which is a far cry from "good". They have some problems with on ice chemistry that run pretty deep and need to resolved before they can be expected to be a "good" team. There is some decent talent on the team, but talent alone doesn't win hockey games.
87CrOsBy87 Posted - 03/29/2007 : 19:24:27
I think theyll do better than this year. They just need better goaltending.

!Go Canucks Go!

CROSBY RULES!

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page