Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Western Conference - Central Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Minnesota
 Wild Goaltending

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Canucks Man Posted - 03/30/2007 : 22:06:12
Who should the Wild go with??

CANUCKS RULE!!!
Get The Towels Out Guys PLAYOFFS!!!
17   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
1 Crosby fan Posted - 04/11/2007 : 22:05:33
Nicklas Backstrom

Viktor Kozlov is my hero
PuckNuts Posted - 04/11/2007 : 21:58:12
I am sure that Backstrom will blow a game, that is the depth that Minnesota has...too their advantage...

There are: People that make things happen, people that watch things happen, and people that wonder what happened, who are you...
BigShow Posted - 04/11/2007 : 21:46:50
I think so too, but why take the risk? If Backstrom blows a game, for sure switch to Fernandez. Especially in the home games where the opponent won't know which goalie they are gonna be facing until game time. One of the biggest advantadges of having two good goalies... make the visitors flush all those game tapes they been studying of th expected goalie down the drain.
PuckNuts Posted - 04/11/2007 : 21:40:40
Good call, but I think that Fernandez will be able and ready to go...

There are: People that make things happen, people that watch things happen, and people that wonder what happened, who are you...
BigShow Posted - 04/11/2007 : 20:58:57
Backstrom has been playing so well, even if Fernandez was healthy it would be hard to make the switch back to him. There is no time to shake off rust, and no need to risk it with such a solid backup in Backstrom.
PuckNuts Posted - 04/11/2007 : 20:39:16
Backstrom will start game one...

Leafs Rock Planet Posted - 04/10/2007 : 15:49:00
I say go with Backstrom he's been playing great

Always next year!!
bablaboushka Posted - 04/02/2007 : 09:33:34
Exactly SS, that's the whole point. You CAN'T AFFORD to wait until the goalie loses, you have to put your #1 right back in, because that's their job. Even if the backup is playing well, the #1 clearly earned his spot by out-performing the others at some point, so he is more likely to win than the others. Would you tell Luongo, a guy you're paying franchise money, to sit because Sabourin was hot? Hell no, as soon as he got back you'd put him right back in. Which is why Fernandez shoulod go right back in and why Huet should go right back in. Like enforcers know their role on a hockey team, the backup should know that their's is only to fill in when the starter is hurt, fatigued or VERY cold. When an enforcer scores, he doesn't ask for 1st-line minutes...
Saku Steen Posted - 04/02/2007 : 03:47:36
quote:
Originally posted by leafsfan_101

I don't know. Do you sit a good, young goaltender who is on fire or go with a good, experienced vet. I say that you start Backstrom but keep Fermandez as backup incase of some rough patches.

Long Live Leafs Nation!!

But, you also cant have rough patches in the playoffs. Just a thought.
leafsfan_101 Posted - 04/01/2007 : 16:14:37
I don't know. Do you sit a good, young goaltender who is on fire or go with a good, experienced vet. I say that you start Backstrom but keep Fermandez as backup incase of some rough patches.

Long Live Leafs Nation!!
Canucks Man Posted - 04/01/2007 : 16:10:35
quote:
Originally posted by PainTrain

By the way Backstrom is playing he probably will be relied on for the playoffs, but Fernandez is there #1 and he has a higher chance of playing.

I dont no, Lemaire doesnt seem like the coach that would go with Fernandez because he is there #1, I think he is one that would go with who is hot leading up to the playoffs

CANUCKS RULE!!!
PainTrain Posted - 04/01/2007 : 15:41:39
By the way Backstrom is playing he probably will be relied on for the playoffs, but Fernandez is there #1 and he has a higher chance of playing.
bablaboushka Posted - 03/31/2007 : 12:58:58
Guys Fernandez is their #1. Just like Huet is Montreal's #1.

If Luongo got injured and Sabourin did well while he was out, would Vigneault sit Luongo in favour of a "streaky" Sabourin? C'mon. A goalie doesn't lose his #1 spot just cause he gets hurt. Carbonneau should have put Huet in last night, and look they lost.
leafsfan1 Posted - 03/31/2007 : 05:46:08
i say backstrom if it wasnt
for him the wild wouldnt be in the
playoffs

Go Leafs Go
Saku Steen Posted - 03/31/2007 : 04:32:12
Backstrom #1 and Harding as the backup. Minnisota has three great goalies though.

P.S, I love the title, Wild Goaltending.
Ddeathblade Posted - 03/30/2007 : 22:31:00
Minnesota is one helluva lucky team. However, I think that even though Backstrom has been sensational for them, Fernandez still deserves that number one role. He's been there for them in tough times throughout the years, and when Roloson left last year, he was great. However, I think that Minnesota should consider playing Backstrom every maybe 3-4 games. It's good for Fernandez to get some rest, and since they know that Backstrom will be great, they can relax and put their backup into a playoff game.
Canucks Man Posted - 03/30/2007 : 22:07:07
I say Backstrom he's played great for them all season

CANUCKS RULE!!!

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page