Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Eastern Conference -Metropolitan Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Pittsburgh
 Smartest move Pittsburgh made this year

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
willus3 Posted - 04/06/2007 : 15:08:59
I think the smartest thing they've done this year was acquire Gary Roberts. Brilliant move. You can actually see him making a difference to that team. He's going to teach all those young guys how to play in the playoffs. Since he's been there he's been showing all of them how hard you have to play to win. He gives it his all every shift. He may be the difference to them going past the first round if they do.
14   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Eziwrath Posted - 04/13/2007 : 07:52:02
Gary Roberts really helped the team out, has any of you noticed how well Erik Christensen started playing since Roberts came in?

They also did a good job by keeping Jocelyn Thibault in the team since he has plaoff experience and should Fleury stumble, they got someone to replace him.

~Crosby is #1~
Novie Posted - 04/12/2007 : 05:24:51
I think we can agree that they made ALL the right moves this year...From staying in the 'burgh to Staal to Malkin to Roberts and Laracque.

Should they have spent some cap room on acquiring a playoff-proven goalie? Game 2 might tell us that

Go Sens
Crosby is God
Tucker is a douche
PuckNuts Posted - 04/11/2007 : 21:05:21
Gary Roberts may be the best thing that the Penguins did this year, but I do not think that it will be enough...

There are: People that make things happen, people that watch things happen, and people that wonder what happened, who are you...
Leafs Rock Planet Posted - 04/08/2007 : 07:22:39
Best thing they did was draft Jordan Staal

Leafs 4 Playoffs!!
Patchy Posted - 04/06/2007 : 20:34:58
Picking up Roberts and Laraque were both smart moves, but the Roberts one is really paying off, and it will go a long way in the Playoffs.

~~Go Leafs Go~~
BigShow Posted - 04/06/2007 : 19:48:09
Picking up Roberts had to have been the smartest thing they did. Roberts drive to win is fanatical. My understanding is all the years he was with the Leafs, he always scored the best on the fitness tests. Which is pretty impressive for a guy ten years older than the average player, and who had a busted neck that made him miss a few seasons.

Staying in Steeltown and fighting for Malkin are both pretty automatic, don't have to be smart to make those calls.

Aquiring Laroque really doesn't matter much at all. Crosby wasn't getting cheap shotted nearly as much as the media likes to proclaim. Standard media/Crosby issue... any time Crosby does anything (complain/score/get hit/whatever) the media must make it sound like it has never been done before. Not blaming Sid for that at all, just the media loves to make mountains out of molehills, it's good for their business.
Mikhailova Posted - 04/06/2007 : 19:08:28
Smartest move? Fighting the RSL to let Malkin stay with the Pens.

Canucks Man Posted - 04/06/2007 : 18:10:20
I agree, Roberts has been a great addition, I herd an Interview with Sidney Crosby today and he couldnt say enough about Roberts leadership on and off the ice, its amazing that at 40 what some off these players can still do.

CANUCKS RULE!!!
Get The Towels Out Guys PLAYOFFS!!!
Guest0343 Posted - 04/06/2007 : 17:04:25
Keeping Jordan Staal with the team instead of sending him back to juniors ended up being a a pretty smart move.
leafsfan_101 Posted - 04/06/2007 : 16:56:02
quote:
Originally posted by semin-rules

I think the team staying in Pittsburgh was the best move. They love their team and there was no reason to leave

~~~~~COME ON STARS, LETS BRING IT HOME~~~~~

Ditto. Staying in Steeltown was their best move.

Long Live Leafs Nation!!
PainTrain Posted - 04/06/2007 : 16:12:42
quote:
Originally posted by Kashmire

The Laraque move was smart but hasn't really payed off as much as the Roberts deal.

Good point. But i think they don't cheap shot Sid the Kid now since now they know if they do they have to fight one of the best fighters in the nhl.
Kashmire Posted - 04/06/2007 : 16:06:56
The Laraque move was smart but hasn't really payed off as much as the Roberts deal.
PainTrain Posted - 04/06/2007 : 16:00:11
quote:
Originally posted by willus3

I think the smartest thing they've done this year was acquire Gary Roberts. Brilliant move. You can actually see him making a difference to that team. He's going to teach all those young guys how to play in the playoffs. Since he's been there he's been showing all of them how hard you have to play to win. He gives it his all every shift. He may be the difference to them going past the first round if they do.

I totally agree with you Willus also the aquisition of Georges Laraque was good to, now they have someone to protect Sid the Kid.
semin-rules Posted - 04/06/2007 : 15:27:36
I think the team staying in Pittsburgh was the best move. They love their team and there was no reason to leave

~~~~~COME ON STARS, LETS BRING IT HOME~~~~~

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page