Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 Poll: Best Scoring Duo in the NHL

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
goon Posted - 10/26/2006 : 08:55:02
Best Scoring Duo in the NHL?
40   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Canucks Man Posted - 02/11/2007 : 13:36:08
to answer your question saku, this poll was made at the begining of the year and st. louis and lacavalier didnt to to well last year

CANUCKS RULE!!
saku11 Posted - 02/11/2007 : 11:37:17
Why isnt st.Louis and Lecavalier there.They are an extreme duo and they are a reason of why the Tampa Bay Lightning are on fire right now.

HABS ALL THE WAY
Canucks Man Posted - 02/11/2007 : 11:32:01
[/quote]
MORE LIKE THE WORST TEAM EVER!!!!!!! they are the only Canadian team to never win the cup(technically Ottawa did win the cup, they just dispersed and ressurected, so none of their cups counted) I think that the Canucks suck ass. Regardless I voted for Hossa and Kovalchuk, both of them are in the top 4 in the league in scoring.
[/quote]

If your saying technically because a former ottawa team won a cup then TECHNICALLY vancouver has a cup the Millionares won a cup in the 1920"s
also look at the twins now that edmonton game they combined for 9 points!!

CANUCKS RULE!!
bablaboushka Posted - 02/11/2007 : 10:27:49
quote:
Originally posted by welfareposse

Most definately St. Louis and Lecalvier, and as of late, since Gaboriks return he's been lighting it up with the help of Demitra. Could only imagine if he could play a full season!!

If you're not first, you're last...

Going by his points-per-game, I would be in first in my pool if he'd played all year. Those 35-40 points are exactly what I'm behind 1st place in my pool by. Ugh.
welfareposse Posted - 02/11/2007 : 09:56:50
Most definately St. Louis and Lecalvier, and as of late, since Gaboriks return he's been lighting it up with the help of Demitra. Could only imagine if he could play a full season!!

If you're not first, you're last...
-oil-country- Posted - 01/27/2007 : 20:43:18
what about Semin and Ovechkin?
bablaboushka Posted - 01/27/2007 : 20:10:44
I know, just throwing them out there as they don't seem to be getting the props they deserve for being the highest scoring duo in the league.
Mikhailova Posted - 01/27/2007 : 19:02:28
I meant I said Jagr & Shanny back in October when this poll was made. Now it's different...
bablaboushka Posted - 01/27/2007 : 18:59:04
Umm how about the highest scoring duo in St. Louis and Lecavalier...
Mikhailova Posted - 01/27/2007 : 17:15:55
Wow, this poll is old! lol

I said Jagr-Shanahan. Close second would be Hossa-Kovalchuk or Thornton-Cheechoo.
KariyaSelanne Posted - 01/27/2007 : 09:24:53
My favorite duo ever were Kariya and Selanne, the Batman and Robin of the NHL back then(quote by Terry Crisp).

Go Preds Go!!!
1 Crosby fan Posted - 12/13/2006 : 16:44:06
yea
B-rett10 Posted - 12/13/2006 : 06:12:19
Hossa and Kovalchuk and Gaborik and Demitra Gaborik is injured, but if he wasn't i'm sure demitra would have mor ponits and they would be really good.
1 Crosby fan Posted - 12/12/2006 : 22:10:10
How about Selanne/McDonald or Selanne/Kunitz or McDonald/Kunitz I have all three
bablaboushka Posted - 12/12/2006 : 21:51:13
How about St. Louis/Lecavalier...

They are now the second highest-scoring duo in the league behind Jagr-Straka and they're on fire. They have a combined 18 points in the last 3 games, that's amazing. I'm so glad I picked them both, they were steals in our draft.
Guest5554 Posted - 12/08/2006 : 17:00:37
quote:
Originally posted by goon

Best Scoring Duo in the NHL?

Definately Hossa and Kovalchuk , All Stars
framer87 Posted - 12/08/2006 : 16:49:49
I dont see alot of comments about Hossa & Kovalchuk even though there easily the best duo out of those picks right now. Second would be Heatley&Spezza 3rd Jagr&Shanahan

Go pens
Trevman12 Posted - 12/08/2006 : 16:11:38
When Heatley and Spezza get going, they're UNSTOPABLE.
Guest8977 Posted - 11/18/2006 : 12:50:04
quote:
Originally posted by nazzy_19

It's not bias... the Canucks are just the best team in the league.

;)

MORE LIKE THE WORST TEAM EVER!!!!!!! they are the only Canadian team to never win the cup(technically Ottawa did win the cup, they just dispersed and ressurected, so none of their cups counted) I think that the Canucks suck ass. Regardless I voted for Hossa and Kovalchuk, both of them are in the top 4 in the league in scoring.
bablaboushka Posted - 11/17/2006 : 09:52:25
Well thanks for your wonderful insight...

There is a slight difference between 3 minutes and 3 games. What good was it to have them do well for the first 8-9 games when they haven't done anything since? Do you enjoy inconsistency?

Ok let's play it your way: when this poll was created they were what, like 2nd and 4th in scoring or something.

Year-to-date: Henrik is 31st and Daniel is 42nd in scoring.
Year-to-date: In a combined 38 games played, they have a combined 9 goals (compared to Hossa/Kovalchuk's 29, Jagr/Shanahan's 22, Marleau/Michalek's 20 etc.)
Year-to-date: Their team is only one point above 11th place in their Conference.

You should get your facts (and opinions) straight next time before making insulting comments like you just have.

Thank YOU for coming out.
Guest5035 Posted - 11/17/2006 : 00:59:41
quote:
Originally posted by bablaboushka

Finally someone who speaks from wisdom. I still wouldn't pick them any way you worded the question though... What have they done in the past week?

Yeah, great point. For example, what have they done in the last three minutes? You idiot! You might have to look at the year to date and not just the last game or two. Thanks for coming out!!
Guest4044 Posted - 11/16/2006 : 20:55:13
nah, most of the votes for them were in the first 7days the pool was put up, they've slowed down in the last 2 weeks.
Beans15 Posted - 11/16/2006 : 18:58:02
And where are the Sedin's now?? 36 points combined. That's only 20 away from Hossa and Kovalchuk and 17 away from Jagr and Shannahan. How are they getting enough votes to be second in this poll?? Must be a lot of Vancouver fans here.
Guest6916 Posted - 11/14/2006 : 16:22:03
quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

The Sedin's??? How in the hell do they belong on this list?? They are both barely over a 1/2 point a game players?? Niether have been anywhere near the top 10 in score, not even the top 20?? Do you watch the same game that everyone else does??

the poll question was on the 26th of October when the Sedins were 1 point out of 1st place. Malkin had barely played a game at the time. So on the 26th the stats, as per Ripley's post above, looked like this:

Sedin/Sedin - 28pts.
Hossa/Kovachuk - 29pts
Jagr/Shannahan - 25pts
Gionta/Gomez - 24pts
Thornton/Cheechoo - 20pts
Heatley/Spezza - 16pts
Gaborik/Demitra - 15pts
framer87 Posted - 11/14/2006 : 14:04:34
I'd say hossa kovalchuk cause i got them both in my pool

Patrick Frame
toady210 Posted - 11/13/2006 : 06:53:44
its gotta b jagr and Shanahan,, just look at all the points they have been racking up
bablaboushka Posted - 11/12/2006 : 12:36:11
Well like goon said earlier, they were near the top when the poll was started. But skill-wise they just aren't the best.

My duo of Marleau-Michalek is looking better and better every day.
Beans15 Posted - 11/12/2006 : 10:23:21
The Sedin's??? How in the hell do they belong on this list?? They are both barely over a 1/2 point a game players?? Niether have been anywhere near the top 10 in score, not even the top 20?? Do you watch the same game that everyone else does??
Myles06-07 Posted - 11/05/2006 : 07:40:22
Like goon said, the Ottawa top players will get going and take down the league. Thornton and Cheechoo will be close though.
Mikhailova Posted - 11/04/2006 : 07:49:06
quote:

Where's Crosby-Malkin, Marleau-Michalek, Briere-Afinogenov, Sakic-Svatos....?

Yeah, where is Crosby-Malkin?? They've gotta be by far the best duo in the NHL. And the other 3 don't look bad either.
goon Posted - 11/02/2006 : 09:51:19
quote:

Finally someone who speaks from wisdom. I still wouldn't pick them any way you worded the question though... What have they done in the past week?

Fair enough but when I set the poll they were tied for second in scoring. I wanted to give props for some Canadian Teams. Tucker and Sundin are lighting it up lately - should I have included them? Whatever...
bablaboushka Posted - 11/01/2006 : 20:29:13
Novie Posted - 11/01/2006 : 10:31:46
Yeah, I would have to agree with dropping the Sedin sisters off the top of the poll....you guys are what I like to call Stat-Chasers. Would you have picked those 2 at the beginning of this season? At the end of last season?

I guess it depende on how you read the question....maybe "Who is the best scoring duo RIGHT NOW in the league that best compliment each other's style?" Then, I might pick them

Go Sens
bablaboushka Posted - 10/31/2006 : 12:33:19
The Wild duo have the skill to be the best but they don't have the health. Gaborik's out now and it's just a matter of time before Demitra gets hurt. I like both players though, especially Demitra.
NuckH8R Posted - 10/30/2006 : 10:10:57
What? I am the only one who voted for the Wild duo? You guys suck. Henrik and Daniel?

nazzy_19 Posted - 10/27/2006 : 11:22:17
It's not bias... the Canucks are just the best team in the league.

;)

pucker Posted - 10/26/2006 : 21:42:41
quote:

Ahh but you see what happens? Anytime there is an option related to either the Canucks, Flames or Oilers, that one will always win in this forum (unless the word "worst" is involved). I love the whole poll idea for this forum but it's way too biased to reflect realistic results.

I mean seriously... the Sedins as the best duo in the league? Where's Crosby-Malkin, Marleau-Michalek, Briere-Afinogenov, Sakic-Svatos....?

I dont see an oiler or flames duo here - do you? The Sedins have 14 points each so they deserve consideration. Hossa and Kovalchuk are my vote because Hossa is probably the most underrated superstar and Kovalchuk is a stud. He doesnt get the press that Crosby and Ovechkin get but he is just as good.
Guest6916 Posted - 10/26/2006 : 16:51:36
Malkin and Crosby are good candidates. They are goig to be leathal! My vote is for them but since they are not on th list I'm going with Cheechoo and Thornton. Their just getting warmed up.
Ripley Posted - 10/26/2006 : 16:35:44
quote:

Ahh but you see what happens? Anytime there is an option related to either the Canucks, Flames or Oilers, that one will always win in this forum (unless the word "worst" is involved). I love the whole poll idea for this forum but it's way too biased to reflect realistic results. I mean seriously... the Sedins as the best duo in the league? Where's Crosby-Malkin, Marleau-Michalek, Briere-Afinogenov, Sakic-Svatos....?

Well stop whining and create your own poll then. Anyone can create one now.

In the Sedins defense, nhl.com has them at 28pts.
Hossa/Kovachuk - 29pts
Jagr/Shannahan - 25pts
Gionta/Gomez - 24pts
Thornton/Cheechoo - 20pts
Heatley/Spezza - 16pts
Gaborik/Demitra - 15pts

So I don't think your "bias" statement holds much water. PS I live in California.

lyall Posted - 10/26/2006 : 15:24:31
Healty & Spezza. They better start to produce. I got them both in my pool. lol

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page