Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Western Conference - Pacific Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Calgary
 HUGE win for the Flames!

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
blade Posted - 04/18/2007 : 12:55:47
If the Calgary Flames were going to have any chance in this first round series, last night's 3-2 win over the Detroit Red Wings was it!

For the first time in 3 games they had the lead. Iginla was a factor in the game with the wining goal and 5 shots on net. The Flames kept the shots close this time, being only out shot 30-28. But this shouldn't be a surprise considering they were at home.

1 down, 3 to go!
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
bablaboushka Posted - 04/20/2007 : 21:19:14
I'm anxiously anticipating a Game 7 Detroit win.
leigh Posted - 04/20/2007 : 16:20:52
If anyone cares (not many do at this site it seems) Here are the next 3 Flames games (assuming it takes 3 gmes for the Flames to close it out )

> Sat, April 21 - Flames at Red Wings 12pm PST [CBC (HD), NBC (HD)]
> Sun, April 22 - Red Wings at Flames 6pm PST [VERSUS, CBC (HD) FSD]
> Tues, April 24 - Flames at Red Wings TBD [CBC, VERSUS (HD) FSD]
Mikhailova Posted - 04/20/2007 : 16:15:10
LOL, I don't hate Calgary, I just think it's weird how they can't win on the road. But I do think Detroit's gonna win the series
leigh Posted - 04/20/2007 : 15:58:23
quote:
Originally posted by bablaboushka

...Case and point: Filppula's goal in Game 2. It's been played back over and over. Huselius blatantly interferes with him, gets a delayed penalty THEN HE LETS UP, allowing Filppula to skate in and score. There is just no effort from them on the road, it's brutal hockey to watch.

Ya that is a very good example. I wondered what was going through Huselius's head on that play. I wondered if he actually thought he was going to get a penalty so he decided not to continue pressing the play. It was weird.

Mik, you used to be so nice haha! I hear what you're saying about the team and their cheering fans. It is weird and I have no real explanation for it. Maybe some freak season thingor maybe it's just in their heads now. Interesting thing though, they are still being way outshot. So really the play isn't much different than the Detroit games. Kipper has been consistently good. So all I can say is that maybe the shots just weren't going in???

Well if things continue to play out as normal then this series should go to 7 games (Flames lose in Detroit, then win back in Calgary and then head back to Detroit for game seven) which is better than anyone outside of Flames fans have predicted. By the time game 7 rolls around it should be about time for a road win for Calgary!
Mikhailova Posted - 04/20/2007 : 11:55:36
I don't believe Calgary. They sucked in Detroit and as soon as they go home they win both their games. Are they really that pathetic? They can't win without their fans yelling in the background? Ha, I can't wait for the next games in Michigan 'cause the Flames will be on the road, and therefore finally extinguished from the playoffs.
B-rett10 Posted - 04/20/2007 : 05:51:11
quote:
Originally posted by PainTrain

When Iginla plays his game the Flames have a chance the reason they won that game was because of Iginla.

True, but I think they won because of "Kipper" and all the other guys stepped it up to and of course Iginla was a big factor too.
PainTrain Posted - 04/19/2007 : 18:21:01
When Iginla plays his game the Flames have a chance the reason they won that game was because of Iginla.
bablaboushka Posted - 04/18/2007 : 14:45:39
Haha, I know they don't CHOOSE to lose on the road, but watching them play it almost seems like they're satisfied with only winning at home. Case and point: Filppula's goal in Game 2. It's been played back over and over. Huselius blatantly interferes with him, gets a delayed penalty THEN HE LETS UP, allowing Filppula to skate in and score. There is just no effort from them on the road, it's brutal hockey to watch.
leigh Posted - 04/18/2007 : 13:24:23
You're a very angry man sometimes babs. You make it sound like they choose to lose on the road. You might do that, but these professionals don't. I have followed the Flames as much as a guy can from Vancouver and I'm reasonably knowledgeable about the game (resist your comments ) but I can't tell you why they blow up on the road. I think it is a really bad streak that got out of control and has destroyed their confidence. They'll take the next home game, lose on the road, win the following home game, and pull off the upset in Detroit in game 7.
bablaboushka Posted - 04/18/2007 : 13:11:57
Nice to see you back blade

Aside from the fact that they won, I think last night's game just goes to show how pathetic Calgary is. There is NO logical excuse as to why Calgary can play so crappy on the road, but can show up for home games. That's truly brutal. They are hockey players not love-sick French guys who can't stop thinking about their "demoiselles" (I can say that cause I'm French ). Saying that "it's in front of their home crowd" is the most pitiful excuse of them all. Fact is, you're in front of a hockey crowd anywhere you go, and even if they don't cheer when you score, the point of the game stays the same in every city. I hate Calgary but I don't care if they win on Thursday, because apparently it will be the home team who will win every game in the series and a team who can't win on the road doesn't deserve to move on to the next round, too bad Calgary doesn't have home ice advantage.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page