Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 Goalies on the bubble

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
preds-fan Posted - 04/18/2007 : 13:58:49
Which goalie has to prove himself in these playoffs to secure his position as number 1 next year? While you're here...Vote!

To hell with summer...DROP THE PUCK!!
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Guest6095 Posted - 05/08/2007 : 10:08:06
I think Nabokov will definately be put to the number 2 position now that they're out of the playoffs but the off season will tell.
Eziwrath Posted - 04/19/2007 : 10:30:24
Its Nabokov no doubt, Toskala has been a hot goalie for a few years now so if Nabokov stumbles once again, he`s gone.

~Crosby is #1~
I HATE CROSBY Posted - 04/18/2007 : 16:32:21
Vokoun is a very good goaltender....In 2004 when the Preds were massive underdogs against Detroit, Vokoun was heroic. Look, the guy was the face of the franchise for the last few years until a couple of injuries (blood clot last year, and hand this year) set him back a peg. I think the coaching staff on the Preds are wise enough to realize that Vokoun is a lot more reliable than Mason as a starter...I like Mason, but he is no where near as steady as Vokoun (I'm aware he played great this year, but ......just think of Tim Tomas, Mason's style isn't so hot[position wise]). The preds also owe Vokoun the benifit of the doubt. This is first Luke warm season in his preds career, he has been one of the teams MVP's since he became starter .

Obviously Holmquist has the most to prove!......you think Tort will want that back if he bombs.

I HATE CROSBY
Leafs Rock Planet Posted - 04/18/2007 : 15:26:14
Great topic Preds fan. As for the poll I think Ray Emery still needs to secure his #1 position as far as next year goes. Martin Gerber is ready again to be a starter in the league. He will be pushing Emery hard for the spot next year.

Always next year!!
Kashmire Posted - 04/18/2007 : 15:07:34
San Jose no questions asked. He is still fighting to BE on the Sharks...They will most likely trade the goalie they don't want around anymore and I doubt Nabokov wants off of the Sharks.
leafsfan_101 Posted - 04/18/2007 : 14:59:40
I think it may be Ray Emery. Sens fans are aiming on the Cup, and I dont think they would want a 3 mil. backup goalie. If Ottawa and Emery dont fair well Emery may once again be nothing more then a backup again.

When life gives you lemons throw them at the Ottawa Senators and their fans and hope it gets them in the eyes ;)
preds-fan Posted - 04/18/2007 : 14:50:32
I believe Vokoun will be replaced by Mason next season. When Vokoun went down with the hand injury, Mason stepped in and handled the number 1 position like he was there all year. Personally, I think they should have stuck with Mason even after Vokoun was cleared to play and I truly believe they should have started him in these playoffs as well.

I just feel more confident with him in goal. anytime the play is in the offensive zone for any length of time and the play comes back into the defensive zone, with Vokoun in net, I wince and hope for the best but I don't feel that way with Mason in goal.

If the Preds go down to San Jose in the first round again, I believe Vokoun will be history.

To hell with summer...DROP THE PUCK!!
bablaboushka Posted - 04/18/2007 : 14:40:19
Yeah but Turco established himself as the #1 goalie a long time ago, and these playoffs will only help reinforce that because he's playing great. Too bad he isn't getting any offensive help.

Hedberg is not the #1, no matter what happens. Lehtonen is still the #1 and one bad playoffs won't change that.

Aside from the fact that I am a Sharks fan, I truly think Nabokov has something to prove. Toskala dominated this season, until he got hurt. Before then, Nabokov had a sub-.500 record (ON SAN JOSE....?????). Down the stretch though, he really stepped it up. I figure that next year both goalies won't still be in SJ, which really sucks (I'd much rather see Toskala stay though) so there might not be any huge goalie controversy, but if for any reason they both stay next year, I don't know how Wilson will decide who to play. Do you go with the dominant regular season goalie or the more successful playoff goalie? Nabokov has to do well these playoffs to try to get the #1 spot because he has the stiffest competition out of those choices.
semin-rules Posted - 04/18/2007 : 14:01:46
Turco needs to step it up a little bit to take the series. He isn't playing bad but he isn't reaching his potential or whats expected of him. (Nice pad save last night though)

~~~~~COME ON STARS, LETS BRING IT HOME~~~~~

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page