Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Eastern Conference -Metropolitan Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... NY Rangers
 New York Fakers?

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
admin Posted - 04/19/2007 : 13:28:41
Is the incredible success of the New York Rangers in the Post Season an illusion?
26   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
GOWINGS19 Posted - 05/06/2007 : 21:57:09
what they did against the sabres was absolutely amazing...this sabres team is incredible and NY played very well

"I don’t need to score the goal. I need someone to start thinking about me and forgetting about scoring goals." -Vladmir Konstantinov
B-rett10 Posted - 05/05/2007 : 09:48:37
The Rangers have been playing great, but I wished they would have finished higher in the standings because they had to put up to Buffalo in the second round of the playoffs and if they pull that off it would show the New York Rangers are for real.

There's hockey players that make stuff happen, There is hockey players that watch what happens and there is hockey players that don't know what the $#*@ happened.
Mikhailova Posted - 05/03/2007 : 15:00:29
Either that or two solid teams are playing each other...
semin-rules Posted - 05/03/2007 : 14:27:59
If you think having the series tied at 2 against a team like Buffalo is fake skill, then you don't know much about skill or hockey.....

~~~~~Great season Stars, better luck next year~~~~~
Mikhailova Posted - 05/03/2007 : 12:58:21
quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

Fakers?? Nope. Played well below their potential for half of the year. Now they are showing people what they can do.

Well they didn't have Avery half the year either. Now that he's there, the Rangers are in the playoffs. You could argue what business NYR had in the playoffs since they were without their deciding player most of the season, and he was probably the only reason they made it in. Atlanta was there because they deserved to be there, they were decent all year, and plus they had more season points than NYR.
bablaboushka Posted - 04/21/2007 : 16:07:51
4944, please stay on topic.
Guest4944 Posted - 04/21/2007 : 12:24:51
Whooo yeah go Canucks, there gonna crush Dallas. Anyways, I watched some the NYR/ATL games and i thought that players like Jon Sim where ATL's best players. Goalies were crap, and that one Sean Avery goal was funny. Thats all i got to say about that.

'Playoffs are like a box of chocolates. You never know what your gonna get.'
Canucks Man Posted - 04/21/2007 : 11:44:50
I thought atlanta would lose, but I didnt expect sweep at all, I thought maybe 6 games.

CANUCKS RULE!!!
Get The Towels Out Guys PLAYOFFS!!!
Leafs Rock Planet Posted - 04/21/2007 : 08:59:03
I really thought that Atlanta was going to win the series. I really didnt think that they would be swept!! Nylander and Jagr had a great series.

Forecheck+Backcheck= Paycheck!!!
leafsfan_101 Posted - 04/21/2007 : 08:46:33
This was a surprise for me. Atlanta seemed good and better with the Tkatchuk addition. He was a total non-threat in the series, as was the highly potent top line of Atlanta.

When life gives you lemons throw them at the Ottawa Senators and their fans and hope it gets them in the eyes ;)
Guest4009 Posted - 04/20/2007 : 10:08:16
Atlanta was led by Kovalchuk and Hossa. It was over before it began. Some guys are built for the regular season, some are built for the playoffs. Both of those floaters are great regular season scorers, but folded like a five dollar suit when the games meant something.
Guest8466 Posted - 04/20/2007 : 09:40:56
quote:
Originally posted by Guest0920

Weakest division? Do you watch hockey? Might i remind you who won the last 2 stanley cups? Tampa, and Carolina... im PRETTY sure they are in the southeast division with ATL... so weakest division... you can't possibly say that having the last 2 cups..

They are easily the weakest divison, cup winners or not. There are 5 teams in a division, not 1. Name me a weaker division. Name me another division that Atlanta could have contended to win. None, that's right.
Guest8466 Posted - 04/20/2007 : 09:39:09
The Rags played well, but Atlanta might have been the worst of the 16 teams headedinto the tourney when it started. I don't think Atlanta would have been a top 10 team in the west, let alone a 3 seed in the east. Either way, the Rags get hammered in the 2nd round
PuckNuts Posted - 04/19/2007 : 19:59:15
Once the Rangers shed their high priced third, and forth line players (because of the salary cap), they can now put a competative team on the ice...they have no players that make 8 mil on the fourth line (LIndros)...

Lead, follow, or get out of the way...
Beans15 Posted - 04/19/2007 : 19:06:42
Nylander has always been a decent player. He had the misfortune of playing on weaker teams. He is one of the few "old school" Europeans who plays well on both sides of the puck. He has been known to take a shift of here and there, but he is playing solid right now.

I am the only guy in my playoff pool who picked him.
Patchy Posted - 04/19/2007 : 18:02:16
Definalty real, Nylander is stepping his game up to where it should be and everyone seems to be playing around him. There's an article on nhl.com about how much potential he has and now it's affecting the team's success.

~~Go Leafs Go~~
Beans15 Posted - 04/19/2007 : 17:45:28
If New York can play with the same skill and intensity as they did against ATL, they can skate with anyone in the East and a lot of the teams in the West. They will match up with Ottawa or Buffalo. I wouldn't say for sure they will win their next series, but I wouldn't be surprised if they did.
Saku Steen Posted - 04/19/2007 : 16:45:28
I really thought that New York would beat them so it was no surprise to me. I dont think Atlanta had the defence to stop NYR.

I've figured it out, the guys gotta play like girls!
leigh Posted - 04/19/2007 : 16:42:21
I did choose NYR over ATL in ALL my pools but it seemed obvious to me. Once I saw their first round match up I expected them to cruise through to the second round. ATL is a much weaker team and contrary to what guest 0920 says they were in, by far, the weakest div. NYR has incredible fire power and has had good goaltending (but not great) all season. NYR might be the giant that has finally awoken but I'm not 100% convinced yet. So I voted Fake for the time being...until we see how they handle themselves in the second round with much stronger competition.
bablaboushka Posted - 04/19/2007 : 16:06:32
quote:
Originally posted by Guest0920

Weakest division? Do you watch hockey? Might i remind you who won the last 2 stanley cups? Tampa, and Carolina... im PRETTY sure they are in the southeast division with ATL... so weakest division... you can't possibly say that having the last 2 cups..

Listen, they are the weakest division. They've finished with the lowest point totals (the sum of the five teams' points) in each of the last 4 years (or 4 of the last 5, don't remember). Now, I know that they've won the last two Cups, which is a good argument. BUT, in the years they won the Cup, Tampa and Carolina were basically the only teams in that division. Collectively, it is the weakest division, but it just so happens that ONE of those teams has shown up in the last two playoffs. Anyways...

I think it was all about their opponents. Obviously Atlanta wasn't ready and when you have Kovalchuk being selfish all series, terrible goaltending (except for Game 2 which was won by a fluke) and Tkachuk and Hossa not doing anything, then you won't do well. But, you have a hot goalie and Jagr who's woken up, so who knows. It's sad to think that they are the hottest team in the East right now, when you have teams like Nashville, Dallas and Minnesota down 3-1 in the West.
Beans15 Posted - 04/19/2007 : 15:22:55
I was surprised that so few people picked NYR in this series. I think they are a very good team. They have a seriously high powered offense, a capable defensive core, and solid role players. Their goalie is as solid as a rock when he is on his game. They have played great hockey since the all-star break and they had their team playing very well together going into the play offs. I can see them skating with anyone in the East.

Fakers?? Nope. Played well below their potential for half of the year. Now they are showing people what they can do.
Guest0920 Posted - 04/19/2007 : 14:19:01
PENSFAN8771 Posted - 04/19/2007 : 14:05:07
I would say both. We all know that Atlanta won the weakest conference and should have been a low seed to be bounced in the first round. The Rangers had a great end to the season and are just continuing that in the playoffs.
willus3 Posted - 04/19/2007 : 14:04:25
It seems that the addition of Sean Avery has really sparked that team.

"Go chase headlights!"
blade Posted - 04/19/2007 : 13:57:14
They have 2 guys in the top 3 in scoring. 4 guys in the top 15. 7 in the top 50. That alone tells me that they ran into an opponent who is not worthy of being in the playoffs. Maybe ATL knew that because they really didn't even show up.
semin-rules Posted - 04/19/2007 : 13:39:23
I think it is pretty real. NYR has been playing great latley and had a lot of momentum going into the playoffs and they will ride on that for a long time.

~~~~~COME ON STARS, LETS BRING IT HOME~~~~~

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page