Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Eastern Conference -Metropolitan Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Pittsburgh
 Crosby had broken foot.

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
willus3 Posted - 04/21/2007 : 11:37:45
The kid's got some toughness. That's good to see.
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/penguins/s_503934.html

"Go chase headlights!"
18   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Leafs Rock Planet Posted - 04/23/2007 : 17:23:44
By the way he was skating and moving around the ice, it sure didnt look like Sid had a broken foot. I was very surprised to hear that when I was watching T.V.

Forecheck+Backcheck= Paycheck!!!
Saku Steen Posted - 04/22/2007 : 11:05:00
That shows he cares about his team. Playing with a broken bone had to be difficult, even if he says it didnt. Now he cant play for Canada

I've figured it out, the guys gotta play like girls!
leafsfan_101 Posted - 04/22/2007 : 10:34:59
Even if it would have little effect it must have some type of effect on performance. It is easier to play healthy then with any type of injury.

When life gives you lemons throw them at the Ottawa Senators and their fans and hope it gets them in the eyes ;)
Beans15 Posted - 04/22/2007 : 10:30:54
I do have to give Crosby some props for this. If he played for a month with a broken bone in his foot, good on him. He still played with the same effort and the same style, and he did not say a think about it being an excuse on why they lost.
willus3 Posted - 04/22/2007 : 08:26:27
quote:
Originally posted by Mikhailova

quote:
Originally posted by I HATE CROSBY

Mik's totally right here.....Must be all that Science..There are a LOT of foot bones....You could break some bone in your foot and not even know it.

I do take anatomy & physiology, I know what I'm talking about. There are 28 bones in the foot. Someone on my school's hockey team broke 2 bones in his foot last season. He said he could barely feel the effect. In fact, most people's little toes ARE broken, they break early in life and you never feel it. Now just to clear things up, I'm not going after Crosby specifically. It could've happened to anyone and I'd still say it has minimal affect on performance.

Fair enough. Maybe it hurt, maybe it didn't.

"Go chase headlights!"
willus3 Posted - 04/22/2007 : 08:22:47
quote:
Hell, I played with 4 broken toes once (stupid dog chasing gone wrong), and it didn't really bug me.

So that makes you almost as tough as Sid then...

"Go chase headlights!"
Mikhailova Posted - 04/22/2007 : 08:12:15
quote:
Originally posted by I HATE CROSBY

Mik's totally right here.....Must be all that Science..There are a LOT of foot bones....You could break some bone in your foot and not even know it.

I do take anatomy & physiology, I know what I'm talking about. There are 28 bones in the foot. Someone on my school's hockey team broke 2 bones in his foot last season. He said he could barely feel the effect. In fact, most people's little toes ARE broken, they break early in life and you never feel it. Now just to clear things up, I'm not going after Crosby specifically. It could've happened to anyone and I'd still say it has minimal affect on performance.
I HATE CROSBY Posted - 04/21/2007 : 19:16:04

I don't know how many of you have actually skated before, but, barring some Forsberg-type injury, it's pretty easy to skate with a little break on the foot. Hell, I played with 4 broken toes once (stupid dog chasing gone wrong), and it didn't really bug me.
If it was in any way a bad injury, Sid would have put on the theatrics, wincing every shift......I mean, you've seen him wince after those psuedo-highsticks, right.........Look the kid is a grade-A wimp, and the only balls he has are in his mouth.

Sugar Ray over Hasek any day!
PainTrain Posted - 04/21/2007 : 18:27:53
That's amazing for a 19 year old to go do that. The kid has got some balls!!!!
Mikhailova Posted - 04/21/2007 : 15:10:21
Alright, no hard feelings. It's just that a lot of players will play hurt this time of year, and if it happened to anyone other than Crosby or Ovechkin or any of the star players, people wouldn't care so much.
willus3 Posted - 04/21/2007 : 14:40:42
quote:

Hmmm...I didn't know that. Interesting.

But there are a lot of bones in the foot, and he just broke one of them, not the whole foot. And he himself said the pain wasn't too bad and wouldn't affect his performance. When he breaks his wrist yet still plays and scores a goal (Afinogenov), or gets hit in the neck with a puck and can't eat or drink yet plays in the next game (Luongo), then I'll call him tough.

You realize he had to say it wasn't that bad. If he had said it hurt like hell people would have jumped all over him for whining about it. I guarantee it hurt. You use every bone in your foot. Doesn't matter that he only broke one of them. It's not like he broke one of those tiny bones in his ear.

"Go chase headlights!"
leafsfan_101 Posted - 04/21/2007 : 13:17:16
To me this is Shades of Bobby Orr. Good on Sid to play well with the injury.

When life gives you lemons throw them at the Ottawa Senators and their fans and hope it gets them in the eyes ;)
willus3 Posted - 04/21/2007 : 12:27:16
quote:

Well then clearly you haven't read all my posts. One, IHC attacks Crosby much more harshly than I ever did (he makes some humorous posts that although I might not concur with, are just funny to read, that's why I was looking forward to it), two, I'm not always slamming Crosby--I've said the Penguins would be nowhere this year without him, I've said the reason Canada fell in the Olympics was because Crosby wasn't on the team, and I've predicted they're not going to get far in the WC because Crosby isn't playing. And the only reason I didn't put him in my box draft pool was because I didn't think the Penguins would get far in the playoffs thus he'd have a limited time to put up points. In threads like "Who will win the Hart" I don't vote for him not because I don't like him, but because he's not the only valuable player to the team like last year. I'm just tired of his enormous media hype that rubs off on lots of people, not tired of him. And I'm not Russian, that has nothing to do with any of this.

I see...
And I didn't say you were Russian. But you seem to have a fixation...
Sorry Mik, I'm not trying to be mean or start a feud or anything.
Sather seems to have a fixation with Checks lately too...

"Go chase headlights!"
Mikhailova Posted - 04/21/2007 : 12:09:53
Well then clearly you haven't read all my posts. One, IHC attacks Crosby much more harshly than I ever did (he makes some humorous posts that although I might not concur with, are just funny to read, that's why I was looking forward to it), two, I'm not always slamming Crosby--I've said the Penguins would be nowhere this year without him, I've said the reason Canada fell in the Olympics was because Crosby wasn't on the team, and I've predicted they're not going to get far in the WC because Crosby isn't playing. And the only reason I didn't put him in my box draft pool was because I didn't think the Penguins would get far in the playoffs thus he'd have a limited time to put up points. In threads like "Who will win the Hart" I don't vote for him not because I don't like him, but because he's not the only valuable player to the team like last year. I'm just tired of his enormous media hype that rubs off on lots of people, not tired of him. And I'm not Russian, that has nothing to do with any of this.
willus3 Posted - 04/21/2007 : 11:59:32
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Canucks Man

but Crosby managed to by the NHL's best player on one foot.

Well yeah, because it wasn't bad enough to affect his performance. He said so himself.

Lol good point about the knees. Can't wait to see what IHC will say

I'm sure you can't wait to see what IHC says since you two seem to share the same opinion of Crosby. Every post you make about him has a negative tone. It seems you are refusing to give him any kind of respect. Just an observation. Maybe because he's not Russian....

"Go chase headlights!"
Mikhailova Posted - 04/21/2007 : 11:52:53
quote:
Originally posted by Canucks Man

but Crosby managed to by the NHL's best player on one foot.

Well yeah, because it wasn't bad enough to affect his performance. He said so himself.

Lol good point about the knees. Can't wait to see what IHC will say
Canucks Man Posted - 04/21/2007 : 11:50:24
Wow, that shows alot of toughness in my opionon, yes Luongo got a shutout after spending the night in hospital and Afinganov scored a goal with a broken wrist, but Crosby managed to by the NHL's best player on one foot. Hey IHC maybe thats why he kept going to his knees.

CANUCKS RULE!!!
Get The Towels Out Guys PLAYOFFS!!!
Mikhailova Posted - 04/21/2007 : 11:43:34
Hmmm...I didn't know that. Interesting.

But there are a lot of bones in the foot, and he just broke one of them, not the whole foot. And he himself said the pain wasn't too bad and wouldn't affect his performance. When he breaks his wrist yet still plays and scores a goal (Afinogenov), or gets hit in the neck with a puck and can't eat or drink yet plays in the next game (Luongo), then I'll call him tough.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page