Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 Best playoffs in the last 17 years

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
I HATE CROSBY Posted - 04/22/2007 : 22:52:49
Sorry I can't go any lower, but this is as far as I can remember.

So in the last 17 years, which year of playoff hockey was the best?

Sugar Ray over Hasek any day!
13   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
bablaboushka Posted - 04/25/2007 : 15:15:33
quote:
Originally posted by semin-rules

From my 13 years of living here and only about 7 years of actually watching and learning about hockey...I would say the Carolina/Edmonton final. Two teams that were underdogs, both making to the next round, nevermind the finals, then ending up playing eachother in the stanley cup final. To me, that was a great stanley cup series.

That just goes to show how young you are because I would have rather watched a NJ intersquad game.
semin-rules Posted - 04/25/2007 : 05:39:39
From my 13 years of living here and only about 7 years of actually watching and learning about hockey...I would say the Carolina/Edmonton final. Two teams that were underdogs, both making to the next round, nevermind the finals, then ending up playing eachother in the stanley cup final. To me, that was a great stanley cup series.

~~~~~Great season Stars, better luck next year~~~~~
kanadian7 Posted - 04/24/2007 : 22:37:23
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4028

I went with 1994, and not because I am a Canucks fan either. I chose '94 because of Messier, who I respect as a leader, but cannot stand in commercial ads.

Messier guaranteed victory against the Devils in game 6 of their series and showed up in a huge way by depositing a hatrick of his own. Game 7 was history and they went the distance from there.

forgot to log on...that was me
Guest4028 Posted - 04/24/2007 : 22:24:57
I went with 1994, and not because I am a Canucks fan either. I chose '94 because of Messier, who I respect as a leader, but cannot stand in commercial ads.

Messier guaranteed victory against the Devils in game 6 of their series and showed up in a huge way by depositing a hatrick of his own. Game 7 was history and they went the distance from there.

fly4apuckguy Posted - 04/24/2007 : 21:28:32
I went with 1990, but I have to say the best playoffs I ever watched was 1985. The Oilers beat the Flyers in 5, but there were some unbelievable games in the Oiler's run. The best was an 8-6 loss over Chicago in the semi-finals. You'd think an 8-6 game would be poorly played with bad goaltending, but that was not the case. There was just so much firepower on the ice, it was bound to happen. Another game was 10-5. Great stuff. I think that series holds the record for most goals in a series, and it's a record that will not soon be broken.

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. - Gretz
BigShow Posted - 04/24/2007 : 06:48:48
I went with 2004.

I'm not a huge Flames fan, but the city was on fire. It was pretty crazy.

Kipper and the Bulin Wall both played great.

Andreychuk got his cup.
andyhack Posted - 04/24/2007 : 05:39:56
Well, it's biased but I had to vote for the Avs 2001 Cup for obvious reasons.

Just focusing on the finals, one that I found really interesting was the one just before your list began, the 1989 Habs-Flames finals. The Habs were up 2 games to 1 against what I think was a pretty fascinating gang of Flames players Joey Mullen, Glimour, Niewendyk, MacInnis, Vernon etc. who came back to win in 6. Also had the nice Lanny story. A kind of gritty Habs teams coached by Pat Burns in his first year as a head coach - was especially great seeing the Habs finally lose a final.
admin Posted - 04/23/2007 : 17:04:21
IHC, 2005 was the lock out, 2006 was the Canes vs. Oil
PainTrain Posted - 04/23/2007 : 15:37:45
When Bourque finnaley got to lift the cup was good. One of the best d-man ever and finnaly gets the most cherished trophy ever.
willus3 Posted - 04/23/2007 : 14:35:10
From those years I liked 91-92. My Hawks went to the finals carried by Chris Chelios and we got to see Mario shine again. Almost all of the first round series went to 7 games too.

"Go chase headlights!"
Beans15 Posted - 04/23/2007 : 14:35:08
The Oil run in 1990 was huge for me as an Oiler Fan. To prove that the team could win without Gretzky and solidifying Messier as one of the best ever. That was the one for me.

I also went to the Oilers first home game in 1991 and watched Messier skate onto the ice with the Cup over his head. That was the bomb!!!

I have to say, so far this year with the exception of the Dallas/Vancouver series it has been great hockey. Last year was a bit tough since the Oilers were in it, I wasn't concentrating on many of the other series. I find myself deeply involved in each series now, and hockey is a great game to watch when you don't really care who wins. Great Hockey this year so far.
Mikhailova Posted - 04/23/2007 : 13:25:43
Of the years on the list, I can't go back farther than 1999. I was 5 years old in 1994!

I'm going to say 2003. It's always great to see some underdog players pull through and get that far, and get to hoist the Cup as a reward for their effort. Though, if things work out, in a few weeks I'll be saying 2007 when those Sabres are lifting the Cup
Saku Steen Posted - 04/23/2007 : 03:44:46
I can only go a little back but I remember when Ray finally got the cup. When Boston came for a preseason game the next year my dad bought me program. In the picture of the Bruins, there was Ray holding the cup amongst all the bruins. I still have that picture.

I've figured it out, the guys gotta play like girls!

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page