Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 Hockey Songs

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
leafsfan_101 Posted - 02/11/2007 : 10:00:19
What is your favourite hockey song? I got this straight from NHL.com.

Long Live Leafs Nation!!
37   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Guest6322 Posted - 03/15/2010 : 07:57:35
quote:
Originally posted by Gusteroni

I gotta say Neil Peart's drum version of the Hockey Night in Canada song kicks a$$ and it gets me pumped. If you want to download it go to TSN's NHL page and you will find it there, you will not be disappointed.

When Hell freezes over, I'll play hockey there too.

Guest6840 Posted - 03/14/2010 : 14:02:00
none of the above!
The Luongo song!
irvine Posted - 03/12/2010 : 18:30:10
Yeah, also being from Saint John i've had the privledge of hanging around with Stompin' Tom here and there, while drinking at a local bar. He's friends with the owner of said bar, so would pop in for a visit and to play some tunes with the guy. (Who is also a musician.)

Nice guy. Lively.

Irvine/prez.
CoreteztheKiller Posted - 03/12/2010 : 15:00:30
50mission cap is a sweet rally song for the Leafs (mostly cause it's gonna be awhile before we can have "leafs' and "cup" in the same song), but being from Saint John, I've got to go with the hometown hero Stompin' Tom
Gusteroni Posted - 03/11/2010 : 13:37:01
I gotta say Neil Peart's drum version of the Hockey Night in Canada song kicks a$$ and it gets me pumped. If you want to download it go to TSN's NHL page and you will find it there, you will not be disappointed.

When Hell freezes over, I'll play hockey there too.
irvine Posted - 02/15/2010 : 19:01:24
The classic CBC Hockey Night in Canada theme was always great, as when it came on on a snowy winters night, I loved hearing!

I believe it is now owned by TSN? How could CBC ever let the rights go is beyond me.

However, I do like the new Saturday Night Theme too. "The place will be rockin' cause it's Saturday night!"

Irvine/prez.
Guest0198 Posted - 02/15/2010 : 17:01:27
Hockey fights by lummix!
Sensfan101 Posted - 02/15/2010 : 12:58:17
Helmethead by the barenaked ladies
ryan93 Posted - 02/15/2010 : 08:25:58
Without question, the hockey song which i'll absolutely never get sick of & unfortunately haven't heard nearly enough this season...

New York Rangers Goal Song
grandfarfadet Posted - 02/15/2010 : 03:28:07
Just remembered.

Keys to the city - Ministry & Co Conspirators

Blackhawks song

Not a classic, but it's in my playlist anytime.

John Kordic is the living proof that drugs can kill! -Traduction of a famous Jean Perron sentence
ryan93 Posted - 02/14/2010 : 13:27:12
Goldfinger's "Wayne Gretzky", is that the one that goes "Wayne Gretzky, the only man i'd have sex with, Wayne Greztky...". If so, that song is hilarious haha.

Just to touch on "big league" by Tom Cochrane, theres a really sad story behind that song. Tom wrote it after meeting a father who's young son, a hockey player, was killed in a car accident.

I see someone brought up "the place will be rockin' cause it's saturday night...well i used to like the other song HNIC used to play about 10 years ago during playoff time, "the chance may never come again".

Finally, i voted for The Hip if for no other reason than they are my all-time favorite band & i'm a huge Hip freak...otherwise, even though i don't know how any hockey fan could not be sick of it, i'd have to vote for fellow Prince Edward Islander, Stompin Tom Connors.
blade22 Posted - 02/14/2010 : 11:23:18
There's a low key indie-pop hockey tune called I LIKE HOCKEY by Francoise Doherty.
You can hear it on the CBC radio3 site.
http://radio3.cbc.ca/bands/Francoise-Doherty
Guest4163 Posted - 05/21/2008 : 07:55:26
maybe not a hockey song, but Onyx featuring 50 Cent "React" is definitely a hockey video.

-koval-
Guest2775 Posted - 03/17/2008 : 14:42:57
quote:
Originally posted by I HATE CROSBY

You're Missing that Don Cherry Techno rap he did on Rock em Sock em 5 (1993)....

One of the lines goes "Probert, Probert, he's are man,
When he hits you it's WAM BAM"

It's so bad....Something about an elderly man rapping just doesn't seem right.

I HATE CROSBY

Antroman Posted - 11/30/2007 : 21:39:03
Gord Downie has a bit of an inane but at the same time brilliant way of combining two different eras and putting them together to create a song. A fifty mission cap was a cap given to RCAF pilots during the second war to commemorate having sucessfully completed fifty missions. Gordie managed to combine this idea with the story of Barilko who won the cup with his famous flying through the air goal in 1951 which is of course six years after the war had ended. He is a master of creating this stuff and I really like the song. I think my favorite goal song was when the Leafs used the Blur song and everyone got to howl along with the chorus after a Leaf goal. Woo Hoo.
willus3 Posted - 04/26/2007 : 16:31:37
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4016

Although Fifty Mission cap is a great entry there are other better Hip songs about hockey. "Fireworks" obviously, "Lonely End of the Rink" is great and "As I Wind Down the Pines", and other lines like "I could dance with the puck, in a telephone booth you said, I don't give a f***."
Try downloading Wayne Gretzky by Goldfinger.

Fifty mission cap isn't there best tune by any means but it is actually about hockey. Fireworks isn't about hockey, though it has a great verse that references hockey. The lonely end of the rink, yes, about hockey. As I Wind Down The Pines I'm not so sure. Unless maybe you've heard Gordon Downie explain the meaning of the lyrics.

"Go chase headlights!"
Guest4016 Posted - 04/26/2007 : 15:55:10
Although Fifty Mission cap is a great entry there are other better Hip songs about hockey. "Fireworks" obviously, "Lonely End of the Rink" is great and "As I Wind Down the Pines", and other lines like "I could dance with the puck, in a telephone booth you said, I don't give a f***."
Try downloading Wayne Gretzky by Goldfinger.
fly4apuckguy Posted - 04/25/2007 : 19:25:02
quote:
Originally posted by I HATE CROSBY

You're Missing that Don Cherry Techno rap he did on Rock em Sock em 5 (1993)....

I HATE CROSBY

Oh my God, I forgot about that. I'm going to dig out my old videos just to watch it now. That was so bad it was great.

Anyway, back to the poll. "The Hockey Song" by Stompin' Tom Connors is a classic. So is the HNIC theme. They will still be around when all of us are dead and gone. Fifty Misson Cap is a good song, but hardly a classic. The rest are meaningless.

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. - Gretz
87CrOsBy87 Posted - 04/25/2007 : 10:56:06
the hockey song obviously but hockey monkey by the zambonis is a good song too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOlQbrrOprQ&mode=related&search=
!Go Canucks Go!

CROSBY RULES!
PainTrain Posted - 04/24/2007 : 15:32:56
''Me like Hockey'' Arrogant Worms funny hockey song.
Guest6660 Posted - 04/23/2007 : 18:53:17
anyone know what that song eie eie eie eie somethin glike taht with lots of baseee please its killing me?
tctitans Posted - 02/14/2007 : 14:53:31
If you can call it 'a song', then it must be the HNIC theme.

Nothing gives you the shivers like this being played right before
'NHL Showdown' or a 'Peter Puck' segment. :)
portman21 Posted - 02/14/2007 : 13:47:27
poor guy.. maybe thats why haha

Take care comb your hair
ultimatetitman Posted - 02/14/2007 : 13:34:46
quote:
Originally posted by portman21

i can't remember what its called... or if its on the list, but i can't stand that song where the chorus is... "my boys gonna play in the big leagues! my boys gonna turn some heads... my boys gonna play in the big league! my boys gonna knock'em dead! ahhhhhh the big league!" haha
something about that song makes me wanna jump every hockey dad around

It's simply called "Big League"... And maybe it bugs you because he "Hit a truck doin' 70, in the wrong lane to the Big League."
portman21 Posted - 02/11/2007 : 21:15:33
i can't remember what its called... or if its on the list, but i can't stand that song where the chorus is... "my boys gonna play in the big leagues! my boys gonna turn some heads... my boys gonna play in the big league! my boys gonna knock'em dead! ahhhhhh the big league!" haha
something about that song makes me wanna jump every hockey dad around

Take care comb your hair

Tom Cochrane. I hate that song.

willus3 Posted - 02/11/2007 : 16:30:18
As far as actual songs go I have to go with The Hip. I mean i wouldn't really sit around and listen to The HNIC theme song. It's just not that great a piece of music. However, it's perfect for the show.
semin-rules Posted - 02/11/2007 : 16:14:21
quote:
Originally posted by bablaboushka

I CANNOT STAND THAT SONG. I bleed hockey, but I cringe every time I hear that blasted song.

I'm with you on this one Babs...I can't stand that song either

~~~~~GO STARS~~~~~
Guest8494 Posted - 02/11/2007 : 16:01:47
the hockey night in canada theme means hockey, no doubt about it
I HATE CROSBY Posted - 02/11/2007 : 13:22:20

I HATE CROSBY
Mikhailova Posted - 02/11/2007 : 12:17:26
quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

The Hockey Night in Canada Theme.

Greatest Hockey Song in History.

Beans you are wise

That's what I voted for too
welfareposse Posted - 02/11/2007 : 12:15:08
The Place will be rockin cux its saturday night!~
Beans15 Posted - 02/11/2007 : 11:50:48
Your team is in the Cup Finals and Game One is coming on to the big screen at your favorite sports bar. Cold beer in hand, great friends at the table, amazing fans fill the bar. What is that sound that makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand up, and makes you scream at the top of your lungs?????

The Hockey Night in Canada Theme.

Greatest Hockey Song in History.
Canucks Man Posted - 02/11/2007 : 11:43:51
The hockey songs awesome, i was at the canucks game last night vs Atlanta, 3-2 W!!! and they played that song and the whole building was into it singing along, its thew hockey anthem.

CANUCKS RULE!!
bablaboushka Posted - 02/11/2007 : 10:35:03
I'm not denying the fact that it's a classic, of course it is. I just cover my ears anytime it plays because it bugs the hell out of me.
welfareposse Posted - 02/11/2007 : 10:33:04
It's a classic though and you gotta give it up for the classics
bablaboushka Posted - 02/11/2007 : 10:29:24
I CANNOT STAND THAT SONG. I bleed hockey, but I cringe every time I hear that blasted song.
welfareposse Posted - 02/11/2007 : 10:09:12
Hello out there, we're on the air....
Theres only the one 'hockey song' for me. Good ol' stompin Tom

If you're not first, you're last...

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page