Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 Best German player

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Mikhailova Posted - 04/29/2007 : 15:33:46
Who's the best German-born player in the NHL? (Dany Heatley doesn't count). I included Kolzing even though he was born in South Africa, because his parents were originally from Germany, and he plays for Germany internationally.
17   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Mikhailova Posted - 04/30/2007 : 18:02:34
Goc, that's who I was forgetting.

And about Krupp--I'm not sure Clint Malarchuk would agree with you there!
fly4apuckguy Posted - 04/30/2007 : 17:59:51
Uwe Krupp was! Willie Huber was a pretty good defenceman in his day, too. Hecht is probably the current best. I thought Goc would be a better player but he hasn't shown me much to this point.

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. - Gretz
Patchy Posted - 04/30/2007 : 16:57:02
Jochen Hecht, he actually might be my favourite player in the NHL, he has a wicked shot and sweet hands too. Not too bad on D. Also, he has an interesting story behind how he grew up playing hockey...

~~Go Leafs Go~~
leafsfan_101 Posted - 04/30/2007 : 16:49:27
Between Sturm and Hecht. I havent really played much attention to either player specifically, but its those two from what I hear.

When life gives you lemons throw them at the Ottawa Senators and their fans and hope it gets them in the eyes ;)
Leafs Rock Planet Posted - 04/30/2007 : 15:25:12
I think it is Jochen Hecht. Keep in mind also that he plays on the best team out of all of them. He is still a good player though.

Forecheck+Backcheck= Paycheck!!!
Saku Steen Posted - 04/30/2007 : 03:46:42
All these players are good hockey players but Kolzig. He is an amazing goaltender on a pretty bad team. 2nd would have been Hecht or would have been Strum? I dunno...

I've figured it out, the guys gotta play like girls!
bablaboushka Posted - 04/29/2007 : 20:28:53
Kolzig without a doubt. 276 career wins, a Vezina. This guy has put up great numbers with a team that has never really been all that good. He has faced an average of about 30 shots/game over his career on Washington and still has a record above .500 with them. I wish he could play with a decent team and I think he would be a force.
PainTrain Posted - 04/29/2007 : 19:42:27
quote:
Originally posted by Mikhailova

quote:
Originally posted by PainTrain

Can someone tell me the story of Dany Heatley because I never knew he was born in Germany so please someone tell me what all happened?

His parents are Canadian, but went to Germany because his dad had to play in some tournament or something, and while they were there Dany was born.

It makes sense. Thanks Mik!
Kashmire Posted - 04/29/2007 : 16:24:16
Marco Sturm easy. He has a pretty sweet shot and the speed and size to go with it.
Mikhailova Posted - 04/29/2007 : 16:18:28
quote:
Originally posted by PainTrain

Can someone tell me the story of Dany Heatley because I never knew he was born in Germany so please someone tell me what all happened?

His parents are Canadian, but went to Germany because his dad had to play in some tournament or something, and while they were there Dany was born.
number1leafsfan Posted - 04/29/2007 : 16:17:20
i dont know why you put kolzig its hard to compare a goalie and a player

Go Leafs Go
PainTrain Posted - 04/29/2007 : 16:04:09
Lrocker Posted - 04/29/2007 : 16:03:07
Does German Titov count?

LOL!!!

"Bye Bye!" John McLaughlin
PainTrain Posted - 04/29/2007 : 15:52:32
Hecht is a under rated player, he is good defensively and offencevily all around good player.
Mikhailova Posted - 04/29/2007 : 15:43:05
I was thinking Kolzig too, but he used to be good; now he's not what he once was. However, he does play for the Caps, so maybe he just looks a lot worse than he is.
1 Crosby fan Posted - 04/29/2007 : 15:41:11
I said Hecht, it was a close second with Ehroff and Kolzig

Viktor Kozlov is my hero
Mikhailova Posted - 04/29/2007 : 15:34:43
I feel like I'm forgetting somebody...if you think of any just let me know and I'll add them.

I said Hecht, but it was a close decision between him and Ehrhoff.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page