Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Western Conference - Pacific Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... San Jose
 San Jose 06-07 Lineup

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
slapshot Posted - 09/22/2006 : 12:09:42
Here is what the Hockey News is saying:

Prediction: 4th in the West

Depth Chart:
Bell-Thornton-Cheechoo
Michalek-Marleau-Bernier
Nieminen-Brown-Grier
Rissmiller-Goc-Stevenson

Hannan-McLaren
Ehrhoff-Carle
Gorges-Murray

Nabokov
Toskala

14   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
just1n Posted - 02/27/2009 : 09:28:52
The D is pretty different now. Did Hannan fall off the face of the earth? I know he signed with Colorado but never heard anything about him again...
MSC Posted - 02/27/2009 : 09:25:08
ummm...wow
Guest9538 Posted - 02/27/2009 : 06:50:24
Yeah it did turn out quite interestingly now didn't it? Nabokov most wins last season, one of the top 5 goalies in the league last season. I just love pointing out the short comings of others in hindsight, although I supported Nabokov 100% every season, and was enraged when Toskala got the starts in net during the 2006-2007 playoffs.
Beans15 Posted - 11/24/2006 : 15:09:00
The sick thing about the Sharks Goalie situation was at one time they had Toskala, Nabokov, and Kiprusoff in their system. Who it the goalie scout?? Easily the best in the league. You are in a tough spot with goalies Bab, once the off season hits. If Toskala is up for contract renewal, he will want Nabokov type dollars. No one will want Nabokov at $5 mill/year unless he is playing that way. Might have to part ways with the goalie you want to keep. Will be interesting.
lyall Posted - 11/21/2006 : 22:08:40
quote:
Originally posted by bablaboushka

The lineup speaks for itself. The most talented hockey team in the league.

Enough said.

Ducks 5 Sharks 0

Enough said.
bablaboushka Posted - 11/21/2006 : 18:51:50
Hey don't get me wrong, I don't WANT Jovanovski but that's what the rumour mill has been producing. I especially don't want his salary.

San Jose will definitely not keep both goalies, but they should ride them out until a team makes or accepts an offer to die for. They are the only team in the league who can and does rotate the goalies every game, minor hockey style. The problem I have is that Toskala is outperforming Nabokov immensely, but he's the cheap goalie. Sounds nice except that when San Jose looks to trade one of them, teams will not want a mediocrely-performing goalie in Nabokov who's making $5 million a year when they could get Toskala who is an elite goalie for not even half that. Doug Wilson is a genius GM though, and I hope he gets the maximum bang for his buck when dishing one of them, hopefully Nabokov.

Let alone the two of them, the Sharks' third-stringer, Nolan Schaefer is ready to be the back up and he is expected to also be a starter some day. In 7 games last year, he went 5-1 with a 1.88 GAA and .920 SV%.
Ryan Harper Posted - 11/21/2006 : 12:37:27
quote:

You're right they are in need of a top 3 defenseman, preferably a veteran. I'm sure that's where all the rumours with Jovanovski have started. The youngens are doing a great job, but it makes me wonder how long they can keep going like this. They need a D-man that will play 25 minutes to take the heat off of a guy like Vlasic, who's fresh out of the Q.

As for Cheechoo, I haven't heard anything but day-to-day. I sure wish he'd pick it up. It's not like San Jose absolutely needs his offense to survive but it certainly would make things easier. The best defense is a good offense.

I heard the Jovo for Nabakov rumours as well and Trust me - you do not want Jovanovski! Although a good leader and offensively skilled, he is terrible defensively.

On a side note, Jovo was referred to by his Canuck teammates as "Special Ed". He is a little slow eh.

"Some people skate to the puck. I skate to where the puck is going to be."
~Wayne Gretzky
leigh Posted - 11/21/2006 : 12:31:08
babs, your the resident Sharks expert. Do you really think they'll be able to keep both goalies? By most standards they are both starters.
bablaboushka Posted - 11/21/2006 : 12:24:40
You're right they are in need of a top 3 defenseman, preferably a veteran. I'm sure that's where all the rumours with Jovanovski have started. The youngens are doing a great job, but it makes me wonder how long they can keep going like this. They need a D-man that will play 25 minutes to take the heat off of a guy like Vlasic, who's fresh out of the Q.

As for Cheechoo, I haven't heard anything but day-to-day. I sure wish he'd pick it up. It's not like San Jose absolutely needs his offense to survive but it certainly would make things easier. The best defense is a good offense.
goon Posted - 11/21/2006 : 09:30:48
quote:

Enough said.

I think they are in need of a top 3 defenseman, and they could definitely make some noise in the playoffs. Anyone know how long Cheechoo is out for? He has been a bit of a disapointment so far and the Sharks are lucky that the young players have stepped it up.
leigh Posted - 11/21/2006 : 09:22:08
quote:

Enough said.

gag.
bablaboushka Posted - 11/20/2006 : 20:53:42

Enough said.
lyall Posted - 11/20/2006 : 20:38:17
Babla, how come you have no post's here?
Myles06-07 Posted - 11/04/2006 : 19:12:40
Damn these sharks are feirce.
So much talent any team must watch out!
2nd in West.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page