Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Eastern Conference - Atlantic Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Buffalo
 Briere declines Sabres' offer ($$$ strikes again)

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Mikhailova Posted - 06/29/2007 : 12:58:16
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=212162&hubname=

OK, this is getting pathetic. $5 million a year isn't enough?? Geez is this about playing with a decent team you've been with for years with players you know with the hope of winning the Cup or about which team offers you the most money? C'mon, he's making a 7-figure income. I think he can stay with the Sabres without going broke.
26   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kashmire Posted - 07/02/2007 : 09:16:42
There is plenty of talent left to sign. I'm pretty sure all these players are ready to deal with: Teemu Selanne, Vyacheslav Kozlov, Ladislav Nagy, Peter Forsberg, Mike Comrie, Dustin Penner. THere are more but those guys are very good offensive players. I hope the leafs go for one
leafsfan_101 Posted - 07/02/2007 : 09:08:30
quote:
Originally posted by willus3

Briere is completely over rated.
I can't believe Philly signed him. They've done a complete about face here. Briere is the polar opposite of the Flyers stereotypical player ie. big strong and tough.

"You are not your desktop wallpaper"

I don't really agree that Briere is overrated. He is a speedy winger with a tremendous offensive. Combine him with Gagne and there is a stellar 1-2 punch. Briere will fit into Philly's new, faster paced play and will play well there. I see it as a good signing.

Second place is only first place of the losers.
PainTrain Posted - 07/02/2007 : 09:05:09
Very true Willus. That's why they drafted Jame Van Rymesdyk. So Bertuzzi,Zubrus and even Forsberg are the big strong players in the free agency.
willus3 Posted - 07/02/2007 : 08:06:35
Briere is completely over rated.
I can't believe Philly signed him. They've done a complete about face here. Briere is the polar opposite of the Flyers stereotypical player ie. big strong and tough.

Mikhailova Posted - 07/02/2007 : 07:20:03
True...Bertuzzi in a Sabres uniform....that would be awesome. And if the Sharks ever trade Marleau perhaps Buffalo could acquire him...those two would more than make up for the loss.

But as of now, you're right, we still have depth, we still have Ruff. Not all hope is lost...
PainTrain Posted - 07/01/2007 : 22:14:01
Sabres have to sign Zubrus and also they should get Bertuzzi. Imagine Zubrus-Gaustad-Bertuzzi. That's a huge a** line.
PainTrain Posted - 07/01/2007 : 22:04:37
quote:
Originally posted by Mikhailova

I think I'll just wave goodbye to the Cup right now and save the trouble later.

MIK!!!!!!
HOW DARE YOU ?
We must believe in our team.

And Gagne and Briere both french one play maker one sniper oh wow that will be deadly.

But Mik we can still do this. We have still good depth and a great coach. And Miller is a wall back there.
Mikhailova Posted - 07/01/2007 : 19:33:36
I think I'll just wave goodbye to the Cup right now and save the trouble later.
leafsfan_101 Posted - 07/01/2007 : 18:35:05
Philly is stacked but VanRiemsdyk wont be in the league next year. Wow, imagine Briere and Gagne next year on the same line. They also got Hartnell and Timmonen. Man, they look good now.

SlowShot Posted - 07/01/2007 : 17:19:56
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by SlowShot

Also good for the leafs now we don't have to play a buffalo team that is completely stacked

Buffalo's still got everyone else, and the Leafs are so bad that they probably still won't be able to beat 'em

OH whats that did i hear Briere and Drury leaving? Because there both greedy. Though i also think they left because they hate lindy ruff. Well at least i would leave for that reason

I love Charles Wang
Canucks Man Posted - 07/01/2007 : 15:24:41
If said it before and I'll say it again, the reason Briere didnt sign with the sabres is because they wernt offering him a raise with he deserves so much.

CANUCKS RULE!!!
Mikhailova Posted - 07/01/2007 : 14:30:37
quote:
Originally posted by stastnysforever

I'd sign with a crappy team for 1.5$ extra any day

Well so would I, but we aren't millionaires. Briere is, and he's being a bit greedy to try and squeak an extra $1.5 mill into his salary when he already has tons of millions. He should put the teams first, and make his choice based on which he would prefer to play on judging from skill and potential.
SlowShot Posted - 07/01/2007 : 14:12:42
When your already as rich as Briere a extra 1.5 million is nothing.

I love Charles Wang
stastnysforever Posted - 07/01/2007 : 14:07:01
quote:

Oh s***, this ain't good. Well I was right about Briere's fate, eh Kashmire?

I seriously can't believe he signed with a sucky team for an extra million and a half bucks.

I'd sign with a crappy team for 1.5$ extra any day

what do Calgary and a tea bag have in common- they're both only good for one cup
Mikhailova Posted - 07/01/2007 : 14:01:15
quote:
Originally posted by SlowShot

Also good for the leafs now we don't have to play a buffalo team that is completely stacked

Buffalo's still got everyone else, and the Leafs are so bad that they probably still won't be able to beat 'em
Mikhailova Posted - 07/01/2007 : 13:51:28
Oh s***, this ain't good. I seriously can't believe he signed with a sucky team for an extra million and a half bucks.
Canucks Man Posted - 07/01/2007 : 13:36:26
Oh, and whoever was saying Briere is now Stuck with the worst team, he chose Phiily, he had like 10 teams offering

CANUCKS RULE!!!
Kashmire Posted - 07/01/2007 : 13:30:28
Oh no. I think Phili will be a contender next year. Briere, Gagne, Biron, Pitkanen, Timonen, Parent, Upshall, York, VanRiemsdyk. That's pretty stacked.
SlowShot Posted - 07/01/2007 : 13:25:27
I doubt they only hae briere and gagne. None of there young guns have really stepped it up well forsburg was gone last year.

I love Charles Wang
Canucks Man Posted - 07/01/2007 : 13:17:15
The Flyers WILL be in the Playoffs next year

CANUCKS RULE!!!
SlowShot Posted - 07/01/2007 : 13:08:34
Hahahahaha im glad. Briere turns down a offer due to how greedy he is and now he is stuck with the worst team in the league. Also good for the leafs now we don't have to play a buffalo team that is completely stacked

I love Charles Wang
Canucks Man Posted - 06/29/2007 : 21:29:24
The main reason Briere didnt take the Cantract is because it wasnt a raise, wich is what I am guessing he is looking for.

CANUCKS RULE!!!
PainTrain Posted - 06/29/2007 : 20:37:51
They also said Drury will be looking at his options.

But the Sabres have to atleast sign one of there captains.
willus3 Posted - 06/29/2007 : 20:32:50
quote:

(I think 1 USD is about 1.3 CAD).

Not right now it isn't.
Today's exchange rate:
1 Canadian dollar = 0.937998 U.S. dollars

Mikhailova Posted - 06/29/2007 : 19:13:28
True, he does deserve a fair amount for his talent, and if the Sabres can afford it they should offer it. They need to keep him. Of course, he's getting 5 million US dollars. When you convert it to Canadian dollars, which is what he would use, it's about $6.5 million, which is close enough to 7 million. (I think 1 USD is about 1.3 CAD).
leafsfan_101 Posted - 06/29/2007 : 18:20:57
I agree here with you Mik. C'mon talk about greedy. I guess he is looking at a 7 mil kind of deal, granted he deserves it. But if he really cares about the team then he should go for 5 mil.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page