Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Eastern Conference -Metropolitan Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Washington
 Caps New Logo

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
semin-rules Posted - 07/03/2007 : 17:31:54
The Washington Capitals have a new logo this year.

Do you like it or hate it?

Personally, I dont hate it but I think the old logo was better.

~~~GO STARS~~~
13   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
leigh Posted - 07/04/2007 : 18:08:09
quote:
Originally posted by I´m also Cånädiön

Considering product marketing I just wonder if it wouldn´t be better to find a good logo and stick to it in the long run. All these changes in appearance must be a little bit confusing for those that´s not really into hockey (If they change the logo like one time a year or so).

Most teams don't change too often although they are getting a little more frequent these days. I think it has something to do with the Attention Deficit Disorder epidemic we have on a global scale! haha!
Mikhailova Posted - 07/04/2007 : 15:24:39
quote:
Originally posted by I´m also Cånädiön

Considering product marketing I just wonder if it wouldn´t be better to find a good logo and stick to it in the long run.

Ask the original six--their logos haven't changed at all.

quote:
30-40 years the Sabres have been in the NHL they've had 3 different logos

Lol, at this one jersey site you can even buy a Sabres "evolution hat", which is a baseball hat with the three different logos on it in the order they appeared. Looks like Washington has entered that club as well.

Anyone know if they're still gonna use the eagle logo on the away jerseys?
PainTrain Posted - 07/04/2007 : 14:02:58
The one thing I hate about Buffalo is they change there logo to much.30-40 years the Sabres have been in the NHL they've had 3 different logos and the first one was the best the second one was good too and this last one is just stupid to me. I just wish we could stay with the Sabre and the crossed swords.
I´m also Cånädiön Posted - 07/04/2007 : 13:22:54
Considering product marketing I just wonder if it wouldn´t be better to find a good logo and stick to it in the long run. All these changes in appearance must be a little bit confusing for those that´s not really into hockey (If they change the logo like one time a year or so).

(Time differance Pickuphockey-Sweden approx +9 hours 1min 5sek......so I can always blame it on Jetlag.)
PainTrain Posted - 07/04/2007 : 13:08:39
I like the crossed sticks logo but supposeley on the old jerserys it's really hard to see the numbers. I would keep the old logo and just change the jersey a little so the numbers could be more clearer.
leigh Posted - 07/04/2007 : 12:40:28
Product marketing is huge so lots of teams bring in new logos to move more merchandise. Then they bring back the vintage stuff but with a twist to play on people's nostalgia...to make even more money of course.

And other's still stry to update theirs for newer generations (about every 15 - 20 years)

Having said all that, some team's logos are just bad so they are always looking for that elusive "perfect logo". Washington's logos (including this one) have never been that good. But this looks like an upgrade to me.
Mikhailova Posted - 07/04/2007 : 12:26:56
Old:
[img]http://dcist.com/attachments/Kyle%20Gustafson/Capitals_logo.JPG[/img]

New:
[img]http://cdn.nhl.com/capitals/images/upload/2007/06/WSH_460.jpg[/img]

Vintage:
[img]http://spln.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/p2300967reg.jpg[/img]
stastnysforever Posted - 07/04/2007 : 11:10:33
I cant find a picture of it

what do Calgary and a tea bag have in common- they're both only good for one cup
PainTrain Posted - 07/04/2007 : 10:21:27
Can someone put a picture of the new and old logo on here?
Mikhailova Posted - 07/04/2007 : 07:31:17
quote:
Originally posted by Kashmire

I'm guessing because it is hard to make a logo they like with the name 'Capitals'. They are very limited to very boring ideas with that name.

Well their old one worked for the name and it wasn't boring. Well, not as boring as this one anyway.
Kashmire Posted - 07/04/2007 : 06:24:31
I'm guessing because it is hard to make a logo they like with the name 'Capitals'. They are very limited to very boring ideas with that name.
I´m also Cånädiön Posted - 07/04/2007 : 04:09:06
I think the logo change went in the wrong direction, btw why do they keep changing the logos all the time?

(Time differance Pickuphockey-Sweden approx +9 hours 1min 5sek......so I can always blame it on Jetlag.)
Mikhailova Posted - 07/03/2007 : 19:58:24
Ugly ugly ugly. This new one looks a bit like the vintage one except jazzed up a bit. It's still pretty boring though, the previous one with the Capitol building and the crossed sticks was a lot cooler.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page