Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Welcome To PickUpHockey.com
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Introductions
 Do you still play

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
PuckNuts Posted - 01/14/2007 : 21:07:44
I play three times a week, once is pickup the other two times are in leagues, Sunday Oldtimers and Tuesday Oldtimers in London, how about you...

After all tomorrow is another day...
22   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
LeafsFan4Life Posted - 12/06/2007 : 14:35:51
I still play pickup hockey, i do not play orginized hockey anymore after i seperate both my shoulders and broke both my color bones in my hockey carrear lol. but i love the game still and i was a pretty good defence men up to junior a hockey.

Long Live Hockey
Jeremy12 Posted - 12/05/2007 : 13:55:17
Still play
I'm playing Midget now and I have a few years left then once I'm done I'll probably play in a pickup league or do some coaching
and boo-yea 50 post mark lol
[IMG]http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x49/Jeremy12_24/spezza_sig21.jpg[/IMG]
drdave Posted - 11/30/2007 : 04:51:39
turned 42 last week and still play 3 times a week.. 2 times a week in the summer.

the only problem for me is that it takes me a while to unwind after the game so the icetime you get at 10-10:30 and the beer you drink after tends to make for an uncomfortable morning to say the least. If only I didn't have to work.

gotta go get more Coffee!!
irvine Posted - 11/30/2007 : 00:07:47
No more ice hockey.

But, I am looking at getting back in to a ball hockey league next season. It's quite fun and enjoyable, not to mention good exercise. I want to get back in it just for the enjoyment of some hockey, and to get in shape again.

It's excellent ball hockey though. Play your local games, end of season they have National Tournies, then some World Tournies. Teams from Slovakia, US, Canada, Czechs, etc... :)

Irvine
nashvillepreds Posted - 11/29/2007 : 15:50:14
quote:
Originally posted by shinnyafterschool

I play midget house. Im in my first year and im 5'5 and about 110 so i get knocked around a bit. In my first year bantam i played AA and i was 4'7 and about 75 pounds.

Bantam, I was about 5'1 95 pounds, and I'm a goalie.

GO PREDATORS GO
Antroman Posted - 11/29/2007 : 13:51:08
Lol - I didn't realize how young most of you fella's are? I haven't been on skates since my late fourties. I just wanted to remark Fly, that the guys who were excellent players when they were younger such as yourself were still the best players when they were fifty. Don't be surprised if you still are the guy scoring 5 goals a game even then unless all the guys you are playing with at 50 are much younger than you. I am 61 now and I'm afraid the blades are gone for good. Boo Hoo.
shinnyafterschool Posted - 11/29/2007 : 13:37:05
I play midget house. Im in my first year and im 5'5 and about 110 so i get knocked around a bit. In my first year bantam i played AA and i was 4'7 and about 75 pounds.
rross Posted - 10/28/2007 : 07:53:23
It seems there are a few goalies on here. I still play a couple times a week but am opting to play forward now to give my knee a rest from the rigours of goaltending.
Greg Smith Posted - 10/27/2007 : 18:53:58
I'm fully retired as a player. I coach a AAA team in ponowa though.

After playing in the NHL, it's hard to watch hockey games.
fly4apuckguy Posted - 10/26/2007 : 21:27:34
I'm semi-retired, but I want to come back in my 40's and play rec again. After my real hockey career ended, I've been playing rec off and on, but it's not enough of a challenge. I know that sounds arrogant, but it's not a lot of fun dangling through a bunch of 50 years olds and scoring 5 goals every game. Maybe when I'm in my 40's, I'll be like the rest of them, and I'll get more enjoyment out of it. I'm going to give it a try, anyway.
vancouber Posted - 09/14/2007 : 18:23:49
Retired 10 years ago
hithere311 Posted - 03/27/2007 : 04:37:25
I played goal for a couple years, in rec leagues and such, but my knees are getting worse so I quit. I still play on the outdoor rinks everys single day of the winter.

I used to get pretty aggersive when people crowded my net, but I've decided to just hang onto the puck and skate away while my defense handle the fowards.
KariyaSelanne Posted - 01/20/2007 : 09:04:53
Hell yeah I still play(I'm only 13 you know), i have hockey about 3-4 times a week.

Go Preds Go!!!
blade Posted - 01/15/2007 : 16:22:55
I play a minimum of 2 times a week.
bablaboushka Posted - 01/15/2007 : 16:05:39
Oh man, the good old days of trash talking. Man did I ever laugh when people talked crap to me on the ice. Not cause I'm tank and could beat them up after or anything, it's just flat out hilarious. Especially when I played house, these greaseballs would trash talk about how tough they were but they couldn't skate back to their bench without falling.

Oh the good old days...
I HATE CROSBY Posted - 01/15/2007 : 15:27:39
ya I don't watch what i say here...And I certainly didn't watch my mouth on the ice, so I got under the players skin a lot, and they'd run me pretty bad hahahaha.

I HATE CROSBY
Mikhailova Posted - 01/15/2007 : 14:12:56
4 concussions? Ouch
I HATE CROSBY Posted - 01/15/2007 : 13:55:55
Sadly IHC's career ended in 2003 when some cheap shop artist dropped his knee onto the back of my head when I went to cover the puck...That was my 4th serious concussion, and it was probably for the best I retire.....A damn shame too!!!!!!!! (my first concussion happened the one and only time I ever fought in hockey.....let that lesson to all you goalies out there...let your d-men handle the tillies).

I HATE CROSBY
leigh Posted - 01/15/2007 : 12:00:47
I'm averaging twice a week right now. I'm getting out to a latenight league (10pm+ ouch!!) a another regular pick up game on Wednesday nights.
Saku Steen Posted - 01/15/2007 : 11:43:00
I play Peewee AA amd we have about 3 practices a week and 2 games and sometimes 3.
Mikhailova Posted - 01/15/2007 : 10:39:04
I play pickup whenever I can, when I go to college next year I might play intramural...
bablaboushka Posted - 01/14/2007 : 21:25:19
Wow how I wish I still did...

Well actually I just finished Midget last year so I've only been out since last March. Since then I've been coaching an Atom A team and for now, that's great! Coaching them is a lot of fun and I'm sure once I'm out of University I will find some league to play in, I already can't wait!

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page