Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Eastern Conference - Atlantic Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Ottawa
 Senators - How Far?

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Jeremy12 Posted - 09/02/2007 : 19:31:55
How far will the sens go into the playoffs this season coming up if they get in? Which they will.

[IMG]http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x49/Jeremy12_24/spezza_sig21.jpg[/IMG]
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Guest5062 Posted - 10/20/2007 : 18:54:57
(by the poster formerly known as Guest5067)

Canucks Man said;

"Honestly, How can you make bad comments about a guy who scored 100 goals over the past 2 seasons?"

Fair question. An avid Ottawa fan I am I watched every game I could (stoopid work) and definitely in the last round, Heatley fizzled but prior to that it was Alfie digging, Spezza feeding and Heatley standing waiting for the feed. Paddock could have put any player there to fill that hole. So therefore I also have to disagree with Heatley being the best Sen. Alfie owns that title.

Now the reason for revisiting this thread. Just watched Heatley, playing Fla. going down ice on a line change facing a 3 on 1. He goes wide and then suddenly, "who is that kid!". A burst and he undressed the Fla. defence and almost scored. That's what we were expecting when he came here. I thought it was gone with the rubber legs of last playoff. So with the new contract inspiring Heatley to his potential, it is a joy to see him back.

I now offer Mr. Heatley one free slap shot at my hockey pucks for dissing him earlier.

GO SENS GO!!!!!!!!!!

Leafs Rock Planet Posted - 10/07/2007 : 05:53:13
quote:
Originally posted by Canucks Man

Honestly, How can you make bad comments about a guy who scored 100 goals over the past 2 seasons? He is the BEST player on Ottawa and top 5 in the entire national hockey league

CANUCKS RULE!!!

Ya I agree with Canucks Man here. Heatley is playing great and I expect him to continue that through the entire season. I would not be surprised to find him close or even maybe above Crosby at the end of the year in terms of points. And yes he is for sure one of the Top 5 players in the NHL.

As for the Sens, well i expect them to lead the Eastern conference for most of the year and going in to the all star brake all but having that number one seat in the conference locked up.

I think what John Paddock is doing with Heatley, Alfreddson, and Spezza is great. Keeping them together on the same line so far has turned out to be huge not only for the Sens but also for their personal point totals. Splitting them up will just be a slap to the face for one of them by putting them on the second line.

Now aside from goal scoring and point getting, there is the goalie situation. Gerber is playing excellent right now and I believe you have to stick with him for a while. The question is what do you do when Ray Emery returns. Do you stay with Gerber or go to Sugar Ray Emery. I think you would have to stick with Gerber until he goes cold which would also give Emery maybe some more healing time for his wrist.

As far as toughness for Ottawa it looks like Chris Neil is doing a pretty good job of that. Seventeen penalty minutes so far for Neil which I think means that Brian McGrattan won’t be seeing much ice time any time soon.
Canucks Man Posted - 10/07/2007 : 01:24:58
Honestly, How can you make bad comments about a guy who scored 100 goals over the past 2 seasons? He is the BEST player on Ottawa and top 5 in the entire national hockey league

CANUCKS RULE!!!
Guest5067 Posted - 10/06/2007 : 16:12:39
"Idiotic"? Kinda harsh don't you think for someone merely expressing an opinion. That's okay. I looked again and saw it was a Cannot's fan so I let it slide.

Heatley should be inspired now with that fat contract. It seems he is since he is starting to venture into the corners now. Guess we'll wait and see if he has the stamina to finish what he started last year.

Just my opinion...idiotic as it may be.
Canucks Man Posted - 10/06/2007 : 12:44:44
quote:
Originally posted by Guest5067

myself personally wouldn't miss Heatley based on his lacklustre performance in the final round. Sure the points were there but without Spezza and Alfie feeding him the points, he would have not even made the nightly news highlights.

Wow, you wouldnt miss heatley? What an idiotic thing to say, Heatley is one of the top 5 best players in the league. If you dont want him how about you ship him over to vancouver because i would give almost anything to have him.

CANUCKS RULE!!!
Senators315 Posted - 10/06/2007 : 12:03:19
Sens should go to the conference final at least... there a solid team if you think about it. they have everything(except goaltending been shaky at points but gerber is looking good the first 2 games of the year against the leafs) Heatly was just awarded with a 5 year contract, and he is probaly one of the top wingers in the nhl. He will be another 50 goal and 100 point scorer with alfie and spezza with him on the first line. But that depends if spezza can stay healthy for an entire year, then he can contend for the art ross. There penatly kill is solid as well, with fisher volchencov and phillips. Sens should be a cup contender.
Guest5067 Posted - 09/24/2007 : 13:47:52
Should note that Redden has a no trade clause and has refused to be traded this year already. He was almost an Oiler (?- I think it was Edmonton who made the offer) He didn't have a great playoff last year but in his defence, his personal life suffered some serious blows ( his mother passed away just as the playoffs got started)

Alfie pulled this team to the finals almost single handedly last season and myself personally wouldn't miss Heatley based on his lacklustre performance in the final round. Sure the points were there but without Spezza and Alfie feeding him the points, he would have not even made the nightly news highlights.

Also, Fisher isn't going anywhere. He was rewarded with a beauty (ode to grapes) of a contract due to his strong performance.

How far will they go? Hmmm. Give Alfie and Spezza a winger with stamina and the cup is theirs.
Beans15 Posted - 09/03/2007 : 11:34:57
If I knew exactly where they would finish I wouldn't be working. I would be gambling on sports. That being said, I think they have as good a shot as any in the East. Who have they lost?? Comrie?? Saprykin?? That's about it. And, 1-6, they may have the best defense in the league. Some teams might have a few better d-men, but when you can put out Redden, Corvo, Volchenkov, Phillips, Meszaros, and Schubert, that's pretty sick.

However, all I really have to say is they better win this year. Look at the list of UFA's next year:

Heatley, Fisher, Kelly, Donovan, Dimitrakos, Redden.

And RFA's (who you know might leave if Kevin Lowe has his way!)

Spezza, Vermette, Eaves, McGratton, Meszaros.

Could be a huge revamp Sens team in 08-09, as Heatley will be looking for Briere/Gomez type cash, and Redden has already been trade bait for over a year!

It's 08 or bust for the Sens

If you are under the age of 15, please do some research before you make a post about anything pre-1997.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page