Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Eastern Conference - Atlantic Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Tampa Bay
 What to do with Brad Richards?

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
nashvillepreds Posted - 11/05/2007 : 15:30:12
Should Tampa drop Richards, is he jsut too inconsistent for them? What should they do?

GO PREDATORS GO
18   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
PuckNuts Posted - 11/16/2007 : 15:48:15
What is he doing so wrong that Tampa would want to trade him?

Career points / game is .894
Best season P/G 05/06 1.11
This season P/G 1.00.

To me it looks like he is above his average...

I don't necessarily agree with everything I say.
- - Marshall McLuhan

irvine Posted - 11/16/2007 : 15:39:08
quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

quote:
Originally posted by Guest4912

Sadly, Brad Richards is a very talented hockey player, and has been under much pressure for that hefty contract, so maybe he should get out of TB and make some other team spend near 8 Million on a prominent SECOND liner

Ya, and next I'll hear that Marleau is also a 2nd line player and that Emery and Gerber are both back up goalies.

Hmm, a point a game guy, logs tons of minutes, plays PP and PK, averages a minor penalty every 4 games. Why would you want to do anything but play that guy?? Getting rid of him would be stupid in my opinion.

Here is a list of the top 20 paid guys in the league based on the 07/08 salaries. How many of them do the things I said above as well as Richards does??The only guys on the list I would take over Richards are Lecavalier, Lidstrom, and Iginla. Maybe Sakic.

Briere, Daniel $10.0 million
Gomez, Scott $10.0 million
Vanek, Thomas $10.0 million
Jagr, Jaromir $8.4 million
Timonen, Kimmo $8.0 million
Richards, Brad $7.8 million
Lidstrom, Nicklas $7.6 million
Chara, Zdeno $7.5 million
Elias, Patrik $7.5 million
Smyth, Ryan $7.5 million
Lecavalier, Vincent $7.2 million
McCabe, Bryan $7.2 million
Drury, Chris $7.1 million
Hossa, Marian $7.0 million
Iginla, Jarome $7.0 million
Jovanovski, Ed $7.0 million
Khabibulin, Nikolai $6.8 million
Sakic, Joe $6.8 million
Datsyuk, Pavel $6.7 million
Thornton, Joe $6.7 million

Wayne or Bobby?? How about both!!!

When looking at that.. Who would you rather have? Richards for 7.8 million or bryan mcabe for 7.2 mil? Richards at 7.8 or Vanek or Gomez at 10?

I mean, if we say anyone is overpaid, it's vanek and gomez. :/
Good deal for Thornton though. heh.

If you ask me, 7.8 million for Richards is fair. There are other players who should be making more than he is, and don't. But he's a great player. I'd give it too him.

Irvine
Beans15 Posted - 11/16/2007 : 15:00:32
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4912

Sadly, Brad Richards is a very talented hockey player, and has been under much pressure for that hefty contract, so maybe he should get out of TB and make some other team spend near 8 Million on a prominent SECOND liner

Ya, and next I'll hear that Marleau is also a 2nd line player and that Emery and Gerber are both back up goalies.

Hmm, a point a game guy, logs tons of minutes, plays PP and PK, averages a minor penalty every 4 games. Why would you want to do anything but play that guy?? Getting rid of him would be stupid in my opinion.

Here is a list of the top 20 paid guys in the league based on the 07/08 salaries. How many of them do the things I said above as well as Richards does??The only guys on the list I would take over Richards are Lecavalier, Lidstrom, and Iginla. Maybe Sakic.

Briere, Daniel $10.0 million
Gomez, Scott $10.0 million
Vanek, Thomas $10.0 million
Jagr, Jaromir $8.4 million
Timonen, Kimmo $8.0 million
Richards, Brad $7.8 million
Lidstrom, Nicklas $7.6 million
Chara, Zdeno $7.5 million
Elias, Patrik $7.5 million
Smyth, Ryan $7.5 million
Lecavalier, Vincent $7.2 million
McCabe, Bryan $7.2 million
Drury, Chris $7.1 million
Hossa, Marian $7.0 million
Iginla, Jarome $7.0 million
Jovanovski, Ed $7.0 million
Khabibulin, Nikolai $6.8 million
Sakic, Joe $6.8 million
Datsyuk, Pavel $6.7 million
Thornton, Joe $6.7 million

Wayne or Bobby?? How about both!!!
nashvillepreds Posted - 11/16/2007 : 14:53:58
I think they should let him go at the end of the season. They can a,lso trade him at the deadline fopr some prospects, if anybody wants the guy for 8 mil. The they can just sign a couple good UFA's during the offseason.

GO PREDATORS GO
Guest4912 Posted - 11/16/2007 : 13:59:23
Guest5643 Posted - 11/16/2007 : 12:57:19
I would take richards in a heart beat, he is a great play maker, skilled offensively and is doing it with just about anyone that he is lined up with. Can u imagine if he had Vinny or St.louis on his line not just for PP, Prospal is also on With Vinny most of the time. Richards is just stuck with lack of talent to work with. He has only missed 2 games his whole career and logs 26-28 minutes a night, while just under point per game stats, if thats someone u wanna trade u deserve to get fired as a GM
irvine Posted - 11/16/2007 : 12:24:55
Brad Richards... let me see here.

Well, in my opinion, Brad Richards is an excellent player who just doesn't always give his best effort. And the reason for it, I believe, is he does not play on the top line. Most players who should be on the #1 line, and are not, due to one reason or another (in this case St. Louis and Lecav,) he does not get to play where he wants and it likely brings his game down. If you put him on the top line, I think he'd perform much better. Yes, he has Prospal. I'm not knocking prospal, but he's not St. Luis or Lecav.

Irvine
Guest4019 Posted - 11/06/2007 : 10:19:07
Y'all are crazy. Richards is crazy-go-nuts this year. Tonnes of points, first line power play on D. He'd be a first line guy on almost any other team that didn't have st.louis and lecalvier up front.

He had a slow year last year because he had no one to play with on the second line but they've got prospal going again.

Do not trade this guy.
Greg Smith Posted - 11/06/2007 : 09:56:46
Holmqvist isn't bad, they need a consistent second liner though.

After playing in the NHL, it's hard to watch hockey games.
Senators315 Posted - 11/06/2007 : 06:42:58
tampa bay needs a goalie, trade him for a descent goalie and tampa should get much better.
fly4apuckguy Posted - 11/05/2007 : 19:14:39
Difficult to trade in some circumstances. If a team like Pittsburgh, for example, has a realistic shot at the Cup and the Lightning are out, the Pens have cap space (8 mil, I believe) short-term. I could see a gun for hire deal like that being made, just to dump his salary if you are Lightning. Pittsburgh may only use him for a few months, and then let him go.
pensfan17 Posted - 11/05/2007 : 17:48:22
he makes 7.8 million, which is way too high.
OILINONTARIO Posted - 11/05/2007 : 17:11:33
Would he not be difficult to trade considering his salary? I could be wrong, but he's not worth what he makes to the Lightning, why would he command premium salary with any other team? (Not quite sure his exact salary, but I know he's one of the top earners in the NHL.)

The Oil WILL make the playoffs.
pensfan17 Posted - 11/05/2007 : 16:06:53
quote:
Originally posted by Greg Smith

quote:
Originally posted by pensfan17

they should trade him in the offseason for some good 2nd line players and draft picks.

Why not just do it at the deadline and have some money for some ufa's during the offseason than?

They would still have room for ufa's if they traded him before the draft, and if they are in the playoffs he is valuable as guest 8815 mentioned.

If at the deadline Tampa trades Richards to contenders, they probably wont get really good players in return. If they trade him to a non-contending team, they wont get draft picks or prospects easily.
fly4apuckguy Posted - 11/05/2007 : 15:53:49
Brad Richards is a good hockey player who plays it a bit soft. He's another Alex Tanguay to me. Better than average talent, but maybe lacking a bit of heart on a day-to-day basis. He is a clutch player, though, when he decides to be. Remember, he's a Conn Smythe Trophy winner. They don't give that to chimps.

I'd trade him at the deadline before his next UFA contract, because someone would take a chance on his playoff successes of the past.
Greg Smith Posted - 11/05/2007 : 15:48:20
quote:
Originally posted by pensfan17

they should trade him in the offseason for some good 2nd line players and draft picks.

Why not just do it at the deadline and have some money for some ufa's during the offseason than?

pensfan17 Posted - 11/05/2007 : 15:47:22
Guest8815 Posted - 11/05/2007 : 15:38:01
I say trade at the deadline because he is a pretty clutch off-season performer and Tampa could make alot off him as a rental player. Even though Tampa will probably make the play-offs, in my mind they aren't contenders.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page