Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Western Conference - Central Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Colorado
 Get Theodore Out Of Net!!

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
shinnyafterschool Posted - 11/25/2007 : 08:45:13
After the Avs 5-2 loss last night to the Flames i've got to ask: WHY DOES JOES THEODORE GET EQUAL PLAYING TIME AS BUDAJ. Let Budaj start 80% of the games and have Theodore as a more of a mentor. I'd prefer him to the best payed back-up goailie.
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
shinnyafterschool Posted - 02/13/2008 : 14:13:00
quote:
Originally posted by Leafsfan_94

i agree back when theodore was mvp was his glory years.

now...hes old washed up and useless and budaj is way better than him

yet there getting EQUAL amount of starts

>>>Go Leafs Go<<<
Leafsfan_94

Actually, Theodore has been getting the majority of the starts lately. Despite having a few years of non-mvp calibre he is really getting back to form and his confidence is way up, just take last nights game against anaheim for example. Jose lost but it definately wasn't his fault, 2 ga, 26 saves, is all I would ask for. Imagine Colorado with this Theodore with Sakic, Smyth, and Stastny. Keep in mind those stats i showed of theodore is mostly without the big three.

"Typos are very important to all written form. It gives the reader something to look for so they aren't distracted by the total lack of content in your writing."
Leafsfan_94 Posted - 02/12/2008 : 16:29:08
i agree back when theodore was mvp was his glory years.

now...hes old washed up and useless and budaj is way better than him

yet there getting EQUAL amount of starts

>>>Go Leafs Go<<<
Leafsfan_94

PainTrain Posted - 02/12/2008 : 15:46:19
quote:
Originally posted by willus3

quote:
Originally posted by Guest5698

I think Theodore SHOULD PLAY more often! he's a great goalie and deserves the chance to shine. Notice how the team is NEVER there for him when he's in net???? Screw you all.

Jose, is that you?

"I broke a mirror in my house. I'm supposed to get 7 years of bad luck but my lawyer thinks he can get me 5."
-- Steven Wright

LOL!!! Jose shouldn't you be practicing your blocker then posting on forums

I think Jose is a good goaltender. Right now, a big issue is confidence. Like Shinny said he is getting his good numbers back and the Avalanche would love for him to keep that up.
willus3 Posted - 02/12/2008 : 15:27:49
quote:

I think Theodore SHOULD PLAY more often! he's a great goalie and deserves the chance to shine. Notice how the team is NEVER there for him when he's in net???? Screw you all.

Jose, is that you?

"I broke a mirror in my house. I'm supposed to get 7 years of bad luck but my lawyer thinks he can get me 5."
-- Steven Wright
Beans15 Posted - 02/12/2008 : 14:44:06
quote:
Originally posted by shinnyafterschool

Theodore's recent play:

8-4-1 in his last 13 starts with a 1.88 GAA and .932 Sv% (354 shots, 24 goals, 768 min).

Those are Vezina Trophy stats, if only he'd been doing it beginning in October.

The Guy;s been playing great since Christmas, I only have two things to say:
Firstly, I'm sorry for doubting you, and Secondly, should Colorado resign Jose?

"Typos are very important to all written form. It gives the reader something to look for so they aren't distracted by the total lack of content in your writing."

I would resign Theodore, but not for the $6 million he is getting today. If he finishes the year off strong and COL do anything in the playoffs, I would give him a 3year, average about $3 million per season. Roloson type numbers.
shinnyafterschool Posted - 02/12/2008 : 14:22:29
Theodore's recent play:

8-4-1 in his last 13 starts with a 1.88 GAA and .932 Sv% (354 shots, 24 goals, 768 min).

Those are Vezina Trophy stats, if only he'd been doing it beginning in October.

The Guy;s been playing great since Christmas, I only have two things to say:
Firstly, I'm sorry for doubting you, and Secondly, should Colorado resign Jose?

nashvillepreds Posted - 11/26/2007 : 14:11:41
Thanks beans for correcting me, forgot about that rule.

GO PREDATORS GO
Beans15 Posted - 11/26/2007 : 09:22:27
Not sure if people understand the Waiver System. If a player is put onto waivers, the team that is lowest in the standings have the first rights to him. If that team does not want the player, the next lowest in the standings has a chance and so on. If the player is picked up on Waivers, the team who picks him up assumes his contract and the total value from that point on.

Colorado was somewhere in the top 10 in the league when Bryzgalov was put on waivers. There would have been many teams to grab up this solid keeper before Colorado had a chance.

Wayne or Bobby?? How about both!!!
shinnyafterschool Posted - 11/26/2007 : 06:24:50
quote:
Originally posted by nashvillepreds

The avs need to sign a new goalie. Maybe they should've picked up Bryzgalov off waivers...

GO PREDATORS GO

Ya and traded him to phoneix for a first round pick
PuckNuts Posted - 11/25/2007 : 13:24:37
He is the third highest paid goalie in the NHL, he should be earning his keep...

Khabibulin 6.75 Million
Luongo 6.50 Million
Theodore 6.00 Million

It is sad that a team is forced to play the higher paid players...

I don't necessarily agree with everything I say.
- - Marshall McLuhan

nashvillepreds Posted - 11/25/2007 : 12:53:23
The avs need to sign a new goalie. Maybe they should've picked up Bryzgalov off waivers...

GO PREDATORS GO
leafsfan_101 Posted - 11/25/2007 : 12:49:48
quote:

Why do you think the team is never there for him when he's in net. THEY HAVE NO CONFIDENCE IN HIM!!! Hockey is a game that has alot to do with having confidence in your teammates and being comfortable with who is on the ice. If the Avs don't have confidence in their goalie then they won't show up. Period.
Guest4077 Posted - 11/25/2007 : 09:34:53
Guest 5698, have you looked at how many bad games this player has had??? He is clearly the downfall of a team that has a chance....Do you think a team is going to be behind a goalie who isnt there for the team? Do some research on the situation, you obviously dont know too much about Theodore including his negativity in Montreal
Guest5698 Posted - 11/25/2007 : 09:08:52
Guest4077 Posted - 11/25/2007 : 08:55:21
I agree.....BOOT theodore down to start only when Budaj needs some rest. Ive watched this team fairly closely this season and when I see Theodore in net I cringe because he does not give the team very many chances to win games. The streak at the end of last year involved Budaj....Theodore is a baby, a whiner and a poor excuse for a professional

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page