Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 Carey Price - Real Deal?

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Leafs Rock Planet Posted - 11/28/2007 : 14:28:58
In the couple games that Carey Price has started in he has looked like a solid goaltender. Do you think he is the real deal for years to come?
36   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Pasty7 Posted - 12/09/2007 : 03:22:06
quote:
Originally posted by PuckNuts

If you are a cup contending team you do not need a goalie, or you would not be a cup contending team. Huet may end up on a team that is in desperation to make the playoffs, but I doubt it...

He is not that good...

I don't necessarily agree with everything I say.
- - Marshall McLuhan

Do you consider detroit a cup contending team,, because they are and yeah they need a goalie for the playoffs ,,,, tampa yeah they are a cup contending team what do they need a goalie,,, secondly he is that good,,, watch him play with an open mind,,, he is nothing short of brilliant,,, look at his career stats i think i ve said this before,, never a GAA over 2.5 never a SV% lower then 909,, not many goalies can say that ,, huet just never got his shot,,,,

Pasty
nashvillepreds Posted - 12/08/2007 : 07:07:28
Huet will end up back in LA or maybe in Detroit becuase of Hasek's problem. Huet has played more games, but before Huet's injury, they were starting to alternate them game by game.

Ellis or Mason?

Go Preds Go!
PuckNuts Posted - 12/08/2007 : 00:42:15
If you are a cup contending team you do not need a goalie, or you would not be a cup contending team. Huet may end up on a team that is in desperation to make the playoffs, but I doubt it...

He is not that good...

- - Marshall McLuhan

Pasty7 Posted - 12/08/2007 : 00:18:43
quote:
Originally posted by nashvillepreds

The reason is he's too young. not that Huet is that much better. I think there is a reason they are splitting the games Pasty.

Ellis or Mason?

Go Preds Go!

Huet has played a signifgantly more games then price this season,,, and also huet will not finish this season as a montreal canadien.. he will be traded to a cup contending team that need a goalie for the edge in the playoffs, and honestly this is whats best for huet and the montreal canadiens as i think it was alex said huet is 32,, his career started late price is the futur and will definetly be a better goalie then huet but not this season i don;t believe,,, montreal is not winning a cup this year,, so i say get as much as you can for huet get price lots of games so next season he is the star he suppose to be and hopfully mtl can get a hold of a good aqquisition for Huet...

Pasty
B-rett10 Posted - 12/05/2007 : 20:37:58
Next Jose Theodore !
I don't know.

There's hockey players that make stuff happen, There is hockey players that watch what happens and there is hockey players that don't know what the $#*@ happened.
nashvillepreds Posted - 12/05/2007 : 14:46:07
There is a reason Halak isn't starting all the games. Price is a great goaltender, his future though is still a bit foggy at this point.

Ellis or Mason?

Go Preds Go!
Jeremy12 Posted - 12/05/2007 : 12:44:30
He is a great goaltender no dought about it for his age, within a few years of experience he will definitely be in the top ten for goaltenders and may even be the greatist in the league at his prime.

[IMG]http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x49/Jeremy12_24/spezza_sig21.jpg[/IMG]
nashvillepreds Posted - 12/05/2007 : 06:26:17
The reason is he's too young. not that Huet is that much better. I think there is a reason they are splitting the games Pasty.

Ellis or Mason?

Go Preds Go!
Pasty7 Posted - 12/04/2007 : 21:47:13
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Pasty7

[quote]Originally posted by nashvillepreds

I agree with Antroman, guest 4912, if Huet was in net instead of Price on tuesday, the leafs would've won. Price mad something like 45 saves in that game, he looked great.

GO PREDATORS GO
[/quote

Whoa whoa whoa...... don;t get me wrong i like price he is going to be a good if not great goalie in the nhl thats forsure,,, but i don;t knwo if you watch montreal play often i watch every game havn;t missed one yet ,,,Huet plays at a level well beyond price at the moment don;t get me wrong,,, Huet is not the goalie price will be but Huet is deffinetly the second best goalie in the east this year,,, it really bugs me because Huet is a very solid goalie that never gets his dues espcially since price has been here in mtl ,,,, the media here explodes on how brilliant every save price makes is,m, and everytime huet lets one in its always he should have had that yaddda yadda cant control his rebounds,, look at huets career stats his lowest sv% is 909 and his highest gaa is 2.5 ,,,, he just never got his shot,,, hopfully this year he will go to a contender,, (cuz we all know hes being traded) its just too bad huet is getting pushed out of the net yet again,, but at least its a goalie of price's caliber doing the pushing!

Pasty

I happen to watch most canadiens games too. Huet the second best goalie in the east ? Price I think has been equally as good.

These are my rankings for the east goalies

Lundqvist
Thomas
Brodeur
Gerber
Price/Huet

Ellis or Mason?

Go Preds Go!

lundqvist is number one hands down you can make a case for thomas,, brodeur no way the only games he wins are when he sees 20 or less shots,,,Gerber plays well when he plays for the best team in the league but when they sruggle he struggles a good goalie is one who can help carry a team gerbs cant do that,,, and like i said price is an excellent young goalie but huet is clearly a level above not only the stats show it,,,, huet sees more shots huet hold mtl in cames for so long untill we get our act together,,, again price is good but he is not number 1 for a reason

Pasty
PuckNuts Posted - 12/04/2007 : 19:45:43
Patrick Lalime had a great start to his first season, where is he now, not at the top of the league is he.

The goalie is the last line of defense, and takes all the flack when a team goes on a loosing streak, and that is when they can fall apart, then slip into the woodwork.

Many goalies have a great stretch of games, some stretches last 10-20, 30-40 games others last 10-12 seasons...

It is too early to tell if Price will go on to be one of the greats, many goalies have tried, and many have failed...

- - Marshall McLuhan

Alex Posted - 12/04/2007 : 18:20:48
Way to spark off in yet another direction! Ain't it great how we go so far off topic? That's what hockey is about!

So, my eastern conference goalie rankings are (this year):

Lundqvist
Ward
Thomas
Biron
Price
Vokoun
Brodeur
Gerber
Kolzig
Huet
Homqvist
Miller
Toskala
Lehtonen
Hedberg
Emery
Fleury
DiPietro
Raycroft

Habs get number 25 this year
nashvillepreds Posted - 12/04/2007 : 17:44:53
quote:
Originally posted by Pasty7

I agree with Antroman, guest 4912, if Huet was in net instead of Price on tuesday, the leafs would've won. Price mad something like 45 saves in that game, he looked great.

GO PREDATORS GO
[/quote

Whoa whoa whoa...... don;t get me wrong i like price he is going to be a good if not great goalie in the nhl thats forsure,,, but i don;t knwo if you watch montreal play often i watch every game havn;t missed one yet ,,,Huet plays at a level well beyond price at the moment don;t get me wrong,,, Huet is not the goalie price will be but Huet is deffinetly the second best goalie in the east this year,,, it really bugs me because Huet is a very solid goalie that never gets his dues espcially since price has been here in mtl ,,,, the media here explodes on how brilliant every save price makes is,m, and everytime huet lets one in its always he should have had that yaddda yadda cant control his rebounds,, look at huets career stats his lowest sv% is 909 and his highest gaa is 2.5 ,,,, he just never got his shot,,, hopfully this year he will go to a contender,, (cuz we all know hes being traded) its just too bad huet is getting pushed out of the net yet again,, but at least its a goalie of price's caliber doing the pushing!

Pasty

I happen to watch most canadiens games too. Huet the second best goalie in the east ? Price I think has been equally as good.

These are my rankings for the east goalies

Lundqvist
Thomas
Brodeur
Gerber
Price/Huet

Ellis or Mason?

Go Preds Go!
Pasty7 Posted - 12/04/2007 : 17:03:39
quote:

So basically, your saying that Huet would've stopped the 45 shots and the shootouts shots that Price stopped?

GO PREDATORS GO

who knwos it didn;t happen but het is the better goalie you cant deny that,,, huet sees all the big teams minus detroit tonight,,, and huet is the better goalie,,,look at the games against carolina boston ottwa that huet has played hes been spectacular many times this season ... price has been solid but he has yet to blow my socks off!!

Pasty
nashvillepreds Posted - 12/03/2007 : 12:06:03
So basically, your saying that Huet would've stopped the 45 shots and the shootouts shots that Price stopped?

GO PREDATORS GO
Pasty7 Posted - 12/03/2007 : 09:58:17

GO PREDATORS GO
[/quote

Pasty
nashvillepreds Posted - 12/01/2007 : 18:29:59
quote:
Originally posted by -Al-
[Price though... He's a very good goaltender right now, he'll definitely be one of the best, but I think it's too early to say whether or not, when all's said and done, he'll be at the same level as Roy and Brodeur. There's no doubt in my mind though that Price will be a Hall of Famer, but exactly how good he'll be remains to be seen.

He'll be a hall of famer?

people, you've seen him play at most 10 games. and now people are comparing him with Brodeur and Roy? The guy could get a career ending injury tomorrow, would you take him into the hall of fame?

Same thing as people say about Crosby, including him in with the top 10 all time. If he were to retire tomorrow, is he a hall of famer?

If Price holds this solid for the next few years, then he'll be a hall of famer.

GO PREDATORS GO
Guest5283 Posted - 12/01/2007 : 17:56:47
Price is good, very good for a young goaltender, yet I would still consider Huet as the habs' no.1 goaltender for this year at least. Huet has played against better teams and his stats remain slightly better that Price's. Though I'm absolutely not saying Price will not surpass Huet at some point, I think it's much too early to tell how good he'll come out to be. GO HABS GO
-Al- Posted - 12/01/2007 : 11:29:54
quote:
Originally posted by Leafs Rock Planet

quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

Do you really think it's luck??? Great Goaltending scouting is rare. Very rare.

Do you think it was lucky that the Sharks had Nabokov, Toskala, and Kipprusoff in their system all at the same time???

I don't think luck it the right word.

Wayne or Bobby?? How about both!!!

Im not saying that they dont have great scouting.

By using the word "lucky" in my recent post, I am refering to the fact of when they draft or trade for a goalie, the goaltender never seems to turn into a bust and plays super for the Habs.

You might want to include the exception of Jose Theodore in there, but other than that I have to agree. Montreal's goaltender scouting is superb: Price, Huet, Roy, Halak... The list goes on and on. Halak is likely going to be a decent goaltender, and might be able to secure a starter job elsewhere if the Habs don't decide to keep him as backup to Price in the future. Huet was definitely a solid acquisition, and Roy, well, I think it goes without saying that there's a very fine line between Brodeur and Roy when it comes to who's the best all-time. I'd have to go with Brodeur personally.

Price though... He's a very good goaltender right now, he'll definitely be one of the best, but I think it's too early to say whether or not, when all's said and done, he'll be at the same level as Roy and Brodeur. There's no doubt in my mind though that Price will be a Hall of Famer, but exactly how good he'll be remains to be seen.
Leafs Rock Planet Posted - 12/01/2007 : 08:59:31
quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

quote:

Its funny how the Habs always seem to get lucky and get great goaltenders in the past.

They got Huet for dirt cheep and he turned out to be a pretty solid goalie for them the past couple of years.

Do you think it was lucky that the Sharks had Nabokov, Toskala, and Kipprusoff in their system all at the same time???

Im not saying that they dont have great scouting.

By using the word "lucky" in my recent post, I am refering to the fact of when they draft or trade for a goalie, the goaltender never seems to turn into a bust and plays super for the Habs.
Beans15 Posted - 12/01/2007 : 08:19:29
quote:

Its funny how the Habs always seem to get lucky and get great goaltenders in the past.

They got Huet for dirt cheep and he turned out to be a pretty solid goalie for them the past couple of years.

Leafs Rock Planet Posted - 12/01/2007 : 05:56:55

Guest9168 Posted - 12/01/2007 : 04:29:52
thats what they said about jose and hes a bust ,,so lets wait and see before we start paying him 5 mil like emery another bum
irvine Posted - 11/29/2007 : 19:52:15
At this time, I feel it is far too early to tell whether Price will be the next great goaltender.

We have seen plenty of Goaltenders come in and play well, just look at last years play offs as an example. But, now we are in a new year and these goaltenders for the most part have hit a slump. And not of all it can be blamed on their respective teams.

So, when/if he becomes a starter, I will let you know my opinion then. :)

Irvine
admin Posted - 11/29/2007 : 19:18:42
Hey LRP, nice poll! I made a few tweaks and put it on the home page. Thanks!
nashvillepreds Posted - 11/29/2007 : 14:14:30

GO PREDATORS GO
Antroman Posted - 11/29/2007 : 13:35:44
Guest 4912 - I stand by my post. I gave Price the ultimate compliment which is hard to do knowing he is a Hab. In case you have been in a cocoon your whole life I would like to inform you that Leafs fans in general do not like the Habs. I would imagine as well that you know you are free to read any posts you like, if you do not like mine, then do not read them? Thirdly, I am well aware that the Leafs stink right now and the way they are going will definitely not make the playoffs. Fourthly, if you watched the game you would know that Price stole the game for the Habs. Check out the shot totals as this might give you some clue as to the reasoning behind this post.
Guest4912 Posted - 11/29/2007 : 08:13:12
Antro-man, you and your damn leafs, all you talk about is what they could have done, what they should have done, and what you would do. I've heard enuf, the leafs will not be contenders for a long time, Price is going to be great against the leafs
Komisaurus Posted - 11/29/2007 : 05:53:59
I agree with the fact that it is way to early to tell, but his positioning and calm demeanor is unbelievable, hes due for a very good future if he keeps it up and seeing as how hockey is his passion, i'm sure he will keep it up to be the next big thing, hopefully im right about this one...Thanks god the habs picked him...Go Habs Go!!
rross Posted - 11/28/2007 : 19:16:09
I believe he is the real deal. I've been a goalie most of my life and still play. I also do goalie coaching and some scouting. I had the pleasure of watching him play last year in the WHL. He is by far one of the best young goalies out there. He has incredible positioning and excellent lateral movement. just my two cents.

Go Habs Go!!
Antroman Posted - 11/28/2007 : 17:16:29
Carey Price is the real deal. I got to watch him tons here in Hamilton last year. When he butterflies and stretches his torso up there isn't much net left to shoot at. With Carboneau behind the bench coaching that no forecheck trap, it is going to be tough to beat him. I think if I could have switched goalies last night the Leafs would have come out on top.
Leafs Rock Planet Posted - 11/28/2007 : 15:31:41
quote:

I already voted though, sorry. I said he would be good but won't stand out like Roy or Brodeur.

GO PREDATORS GO

But like you mentioned in your sugestion, it is to early to tell. We have only seen what 4 games of NHL hockey from him. He has looked good in those games though.
nashvillepreds Posted - 11/28/2007 : 15:21:57
I already voted though, sorry. I said he would be good but won't stand out like Roy or Brodeur.

GO PREDATORS GO
Leafs Rock Planet Posted - 11/28/2007 : 15:00:23
quote:

Is their a too early to tell option, I'd like to wait at least until the end of the year for this one.

GO PREDATORS GO

Thank you Nash.
Leafs Rock Planet Posted - 11/28/2007 : 14:59:40
I think ive seen about 3 games of him and he looks like the type of goalie that can take over the game. Something the Leafs have been missing for quite some time now.
nashvillepreds Posted - 11/28/2007 : 14:58:05
Is their a too early to tell option, I'd like to wait at least until the end of the year for this one.

GO PREDATORS GO
I HATE CROSBY Posted - 11/28/2007 : 14:40:53
last night was the first full game of seen of price, and I was very impressed...I don't think I've EVER seen someone looked so relaxed in net...He never seemed to look out of position, he never looked desparate....It was incredible. I played goal at at moderately high level (cough-Jr.B-cough) and that was fast enough where I found myself lunging around on a frequent basis....How he can stay so still and so relaxed and just let the pucks hit him is beyond incredible as far as I'm concerned....The only other goalie who I've ever seen who just seem to let pucks hit him (not the other way around) was my hockey idol patrick Roy...I'm not saying Price is the next Roy, I'm just saying if I could start over and model myself after a goalie from this season, I would probably pick Price.

Sugar Ray over Hasek any day!

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page