Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Eastern Conference - Atlantic Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Ottawa
 Ottawa's best player - you be the GM

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
fly4apuckguy Posted - 05/07/2007 : 19:54:45
Let's play GM. You can pick one player off of Ottawa's team and sign him to a five year contract. Who do you take, and explain why.
40   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Ottawa Oilers Posted - 12/14/2007 : 17:16:24
Heatley would be my choice, amazing goal scorer and is yet to hit his prime where as Spezza is also amazing offensively but is nagged by minor injuries and can't stay healthy for a whole season.
Jeremy12 Posted - 12/14/2007 : 16:24:19
Its Alfie for sure he's their captain and he leading them in scoring. there's nothing else to say.

[IMG]http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x49/Jeremy12_24/spezza_sig21.jpg[/IMG]
PainTrain Posted - 12/07/2007 : 09:47:25
Spezza has the potential to do a lot of things. If the Senators at the time they drafted Spezza didn't send him down to minors he would have been another Daigle or Bonk. Luckily for the Senators he is producing really well. In this case I would take Jason Spezza. He is the youngest of the big 3. He is an exceptional play maker and can put the puck in the net too.
Antroman Posted - 12/07/2007 : 08:57:04
Hey Irvine, If you are going to throw "young" into the mix then yes Heatly would have the advantage. This was really not the question? Alfie is still the far more accomplished player as he can play in all situations and is the leader of the team. Goal scorers like Heatly are usually just that "goal scorers" and I think Heats fits this criteria? I do not dislike Heatly but just think Alfredsson has allot more to offer.
nashvillepreds Posted - 12/07/2007 : 07:46:43
Weak division? The northeast is probably the most competitive division in the NHL!

Ellis or Mason?

Go Preds Go!
irvine Posted - 12/07/2007 : 07:36:39
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4948

I wouldn't take any players off of Ottawa's team because they all are a waste of time. The only reason Ottawa is even in the playoffs is because they have such a weak division.

haha, you are silly.

Irvine
irvine Posted - 12/07/2007 : 07:31:27
I had to go with Dany Heatley. The reason being, I just love the fact he can put the puck in the back of the net. He has a very hard and accurate shot, not afraid to get on the sides or front of the net. He can also make a pass when he needs to. I think he has a bit of a physical presence, whether seen or not. It allows him to handle the puck in deep, harder to knock him off it.

I'd have to take Heatley. Still very young and well adapt to the game.

Irvine
nashvillepreds Posted - 12/07/2007 : 07:25:01
Who, like Cheechoo or Heatley?

Ellis or Mason?

Go Preds Go!
Antroman Posted - 12/06/2007 : 22:52:42
There is more to being the best player on a team than scoring 50 goals? There has been many guys who scored 50 and were not the best players on their respective teams. Now, who were they?
nashvillepreds Posted - 12/06/2007 : 08:53:01
Alfredsson is the captain and i can't see anybody else filling his role, so I chose him.

Ellis or Mason?

Go Preds Go!
Guest4912 Posted - 12/06/2007 : 08:10:03
how can you guys not choose Heatley, two straight 50 goal season and is on pace for over 40 AGAIN,
HEATER all the way
Antroman Posted - 12/06/2007 : 08:07:48
My vote goes to Alfie without a doubt. This guy is the most complete player on the team and needs absolutely no explaination unless you are not a real follower of the game. Consumate team player and Captain. Alfie rocks!!!!!
Guest4456 Posted - 05/24/2007 : 02:58:15
i watch this team as little as possible, but I do for Alfie, this is one guy that can do it all. If he wasn't later in his career he is the guy. I have watched the fickle fans of no knowledge in this city pounce on alfie to be traded since day one when these fans didn't even realize we had hockey here, but go on and on and on and on about spezza and heatley. Heatley is just a guy who bangs the the top of the circle without supporting cast he is nothing. Spezza has his ups and downs but works well with a goal scorer. Lastly is a guy like Fisher long term and explosive, he speaks for himself. Off topic I ask everyone in my day to day wow what if Ottawa wins Stanley and you know what the answer is 9 out of 10, ya wouldn't it be great for the city, like in some delousanial polical way. Mark me wrong but I am old school guy but how about the victory for the pure thrill of excitement the fever and bragging rights of the game. Lastly is all of a sudden this goalie that nobody wanted to see play jr B is the new Brodeur but heh who i am to say when your facing 18 shots a night, back in true hockey form a goalie stopped 40 shots a night to win it all.
Guest4456 Posted - 05/24/2007 : 02:40:54
why is a chris neil even in this list
Leafs Rock Planet Posted - 05/14/2007 : 14:46:21
I would say Dany Heatley. Any guy that can score 50 goals in a season is worth having on your team.

Forecheck+Backcheck= Paycheck!!!
Guest4644 Posted - 05/14/2007 : 08:26:25
I say Spezza as he is a great faceoff man and is responsible in all zones whether it be offensive or defensive. He will put up noticeable numbers year after year, he is young and he will lead his team to a cup in the futur if not this year.
GOLEAFSGO79 Posted - 05/13/2007 : 17:47:55
This is a very easy question. You pick Dany Heatley.

Alfredsson is a good leader but 5 years is too much for a player his age.
Spezza is a great offensive force but not as good as Heatley; Heatley has I think more potential.

The other's aren't in the same league as the previously mentioned three.
Guest4948 Posted - 05/13/2007 : 16:22:24
I wouldn't take any players off of Ottawa's team because they all are a waste of time. The only reason Ottawa is even in the playoffs is because they have such a weak division.
KariyaSelanne Posted - 05/12/2007 : 18:29:03
I said Spezza, because he's young and can get the job done. If you keep Spezza and Heatley on a line, they will continue to do good.
Guest9695 Posted - 05/12/2007 : 15:03:57
There's more to hockey than offense and with that said the money is on Spezza. Spezza will become the leagues greatest two way player of all time.
BobDay Posted - 05/11/2007 : 21:29:04
If we are talking 5 years, I have to pick Jason Spezza. He's developed so much in the past two years and he will be the leader in points in the coming year. Young and a long career ahead of him, I would put my investment in him

La Paz Guy
powerlord13 Posted - 05/11/2007 : 21:18:01
I chose Heatley. It was a easy decision, he's been a 50 goal scorer for the past two seasons and has had 100 point seasons both times. He's a star player who will maintain a pace like this for years to come and would invaluable by himself and with the help of other players. He's a well rounded player through and through.

"Death solves all problems; no man, no problem"
fly4apuckguy Posted - 05/11/2007 : 14:10:19
I'm a little surprised by Mike Fisher's 15 votes, but then again, if you watched last night's game, it makes sense. He's a gamer!

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. - Gretz
Beans15 Posted - 05/11/2007 : 09:04:37
quote:
Originally posted by leigh

It's interesting that before this season Ray Emery wouldn't even have been in this poll let alone getting votes. He's had a great season and playoffs! I'd need to see Emery perform another season before I could feel confident enough for him, but he looks good!

Love Spezza and Alfie but if we're locking down for 5 years, I gotta go Heatley.

I completely agree with this. Even today, Emery is not a franchise goalie. He is the perfect example of a good goalie on a very good defensive team. I would highly doubt there is a GM in the league, if they had their choice of anyone today, would choose Ray Emery as their franchise goalie.
Saku Steen Posted - 05/11/2007 : 04:17:49
I picked Ray Emery. Hes gonna one of the best goalies in the league and will just get better year after year.
fly4apuckguy Posted - 05/10/2007 : 18:34:03
quote:
Originally posted by admin

Hi flyforapuckguy. We liked the poll so we featured it on the home page. Thanks for the contribution!

You're welcome. I got a million of 'em!

Guest0995 Posted - 05/10/2007 : 13:57:43
I say Spezza because he's only at the beginning of his NHL career and already, he's one of Ottawa's best players. Alfie is getting to old, Heatly would've been my 2nd choice, and Emery is only OK.

Leafs RUUUUULE!!!
Guest4624 Posted - 05/10/2007 : 09:31:08
Alfie's getting too old to sign a 5 year deal. Heatley is the potential leader in this group I would say. I like Spezza but not the leader type. He reminds me of a surfer dude! I like Fischer to but Heatley all the way on that one.
Canucks Man Posted - 05/10/2007 : 08:49:29
Heatley all the way. He is one of the best players in the game today.

CANUCKS RULE!!!
Get The Towels Out Guys PLAYOFFS!!!
leigh Posted - 05/09/2007 : 13:39:48
It's interesting that before this season Ray Emery wouldn't even have been in this poll let alone getting votes. He's had a great season and playoffs! I'd need to see Emery perform another season before I could feel confident enough for him, but he looks good!

Love Spezza and Alfie but if we're locking down for 5 years, I gotta go Heatley.
admin Posted - 05/09/2007 : 11:16:20
quote:
Originally posted by Guest0776

On the topic of defencemen that have fallen in terms of value, I have been watching Eric Brewer at the World Championships, and I am amazed at just how average and slow he is. When did that happen? Not long ago, he was Canada's great white hope for the future. Now he looks like he can hardly keep up.

he was injured, changed him as a player.

Guest 0776. Great topic Idea, why don't you create a topic for it and start a thread. Let's keep this one on the Sens please.
Guest0776 Posted - 05/09/2007 : 10:50:08

On the topic of defencemen that have fallen in terms of value, I have been watching Eric Brewer at the World Championships, and I am amazed at just how average and slow he is. When did that happen? Not long ago, he was Canada's great white hope for the future. Now he looks like he can hardly keep up.

he was injured, changed him as a player.
Guest0776 Posted - 05/09/2007 : 10:47:32
heatly the guy i s gritty, big and can score, spezza is injure prone(never gonna play more than 75 game if that)
manninm Posted - 05/09/2007 : 05:32:57
Spezza - hands down. Most talent with the most upside. He's going to be a mainstay in the NHL for many years.

Because the demands on a goalie are mostly mental, it means that for a goalie, the biggest enemy is himself." ~Ken Dryden
Guest6939 Posted - 05/08/2007 : 18:36:46
Alfie is the best Captain in the NHL and when push comes to shove alfredsson is always there to get the job done
admin Posted - 05/08/2007 : 17:07:27
Hi flyforapuckguy. We liked the poll so we featured it on the home page. Thanks for the contribution!
bonfire420 Posted - 05/08/2007 : 14:38:53
I voted Heatley as well but I think anyone who says Emery is not a franchise goalie is wrong. He's only 25 and in his first 2 years with Ottawa he has turned them into a legitimate stanley cup contender.
fly4apuckguy Posted - 05/08/2007 : 14:19:37
From what I've seen in these playoffs, Redden is very expendable. It's not that he's bad, he's just...average. He's still a useful player, but his "star" days seem to be gone.

Beans15 Posted - 05/08/2007 : 13:28:09
I'm surprised to see Redden on this list. I have heard many rumors that he will be traded this summer. He's a $6.5 million/ year salary and they just signed Philips and Volchenkov to extentions. Plus, Preissing is a UFA this summer. From what I hear, they figure they can trade Redden and get enough cap room to comfortable sign Preissing and perhaps Comrie without losing too much on the back end. Also, Ottawa is only about $500,000 under the current cap. They could use some room.

Strong rumors around Edmonton that Lowe is going to make a pretty serious pitch for Redden in the off season. Them and Phoenix are a couple of teams I can think of that are really deep with picks and prospects, which is exactly what Ottawa is looking for if they want cap room for today. It makes sense and I sure wouldn't complain seeing Redden in Copper and Blue!

Getting back to the topic, my vote would be Heatley. I think it's easier to find someone to set up Heatley than it is to find a sniper for Spezza. Alfredson is 33 so to give him a 5 year extension would be tough for me to do. Emery is not a franchise player either. Decent goalie, but not a franchise player.
Mikhailova Posted - 05/08/2007 : 12:53:13
Heatley. Big goal-scorer, in the top 5 point leaders.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page