Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 2008 Norris Trophy Winner

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
hkalirah Posted - 01/22/2008 : 10:04:21
We’re a little more than half way through the 2007-2008 season.

If the season were to end today, who do you think would take home the Norris?

Go Wings Go!
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Beans15 Posted - 01/22/2008 : 18:48:16
I really dig Zubov too, but realistically, unless Lidstrom gets hurt right now and doesn't play the rest of the season, no one else has a chance.

Pronger looks good (statistically) again, as does Zubov, Rafalski, and a few others. But Listrom is in a different class.

Wayne or Bobby?? How about both!!!
Leafsfan_94 Posted - 01/22/2008 : 18:46:59
lidstrom wins it pretty much every yar, hes ahving a good season so far wudent be surprisedif he wins again

>>>Go Leafs Go<<<

Wings 4 Da Cup

[IMG][IMG][IMG]http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j32/D_X_94/TOR.gif[/IMG] [/IMG][/IMG]

hkalirah Posted - 01/22/2008 : 16:16:25
quote:
Chris Phillips - the game isn't just about offence, hence the name defenceman. And come on, only one Eastern Conference choice? You're a joke. Now go and actually WATCH a hockey game.

I'll let the personal jab pass.

But to respond to your Chris Phillips suggestion, it's a good one, but I don't think he's quite as defensivly gifted as Lidstrom.

Plus/Minus usually tells the story when it comes to defence. Ottawa has scored only 6 less goals than the Wings, so we can pretty much say both are equal offensively.

So if we take a look at the stats, Lidstrom is a +37, which is miles ahead of the rest of the league. Phillips is a +11, this is after starting the season at +25 (I know because I had him in my pool).

Go Wings Go!
willus3 Posted - 01/22/2008 : 15:24:18
I clicked the wrong Sergei when I voted. I meant to vote for Zubov. Woops.
I don't see much difference between Zubov and Lidstrom actually. Their game is very similar. I really like Zubov and I think he's been underrated for quite awhile. Especially since his defensive abilities have improved so much in the last 5 years. I've always enjoyed watching him. He's the typically skilled Russian. Great skater, great passing and stickhandling. So it comes down to choosing between Lidstrom and Zubov. The quality of Lidstrom's teammates cannot be ignored. Zubov is doing almost as much with less as far as teammates go.
It's splitting hairs but I'm going to give it to Zubov because he's a stronger skater. Seems silly but everything else about them is pretty equal. Something had to be the deciding factor for me.

"Last time I went to the movies I was thrown out for bringing my own food. My argument was that the concession stand prices are outrageous. Besides, I haven't had a Bar-B-Que in a long time."
-- Steven Wright
willus3 Posted - 01/22/2008 : 13:56:40
quote:
Originally posted by Guest2723

Chris Phillips - the game isn't just about offence, hence the name defenceman. And come on, only one Eastern Conference choice? You're a joke. Now go and actually WATCH a hockey game.

Please do not personally attack or insult members. It isn't necessary. There was a a choice of "other" in the poll if you didn't agree with who was listed.

Guest2723 Posted - 01/22/2008 : 13:30:32
hkalirah Posted - 01/22/2008 : 10:07:14
I think you have to give the nod to the incumbent here.

His plus/minus is way better than all the other front runners. The only person who comes close is his teammate Niklas Kronval.

He's also leading all defencemen with 44 points.

He'll be picking up his 6th norris if he does.

Go Wings Go!

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page