Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Eastern Conference -Metropolitan Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... NY Rangers
 Fireworks during Ranger's practice

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
willus3 Posted - 02/07/2008 : 11:40:58
Perhaps a needed spark for that team?

http://rangers.lohudblogs.com/2008/02/06/fireworks-at-practice/

"Curiosity killed the cat but for awhile, I was the suspect."
-- Steven Wright
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
messiah5 Posted - 04/24/2008 : 12:19:42
its just part of the game. and its just practice.
Guest8228 Posted - 02/08/2008 : 09:21:52
Very basic point:

Do husbands and wives fight (no, I'm not speaking physically)? Yes, of course they do. Love, unity, all of it remains.....but disagreements happen.

In the course of a physical game, when disagreements happen - this happens.

Very simple.
PuckNuts Posted - 02/08/2008 : 09:11:42
Just take a look at the teams that have had recent fisticuffs in practice.

Ottawa who was on fire, and has slipped lately.

NY Rangers who should be a lot better than their record shows.

Usually you hear about this type of problem when teams are not playing up to their abilities.

When teams are in last place fighting for the best pick in the draft, and they are there because they deserve to be there never seem to have an issue in practice...

passion is what drives the better teams to raise their game, and aim for the top...

Champions take chances, and pressure is a privilege.
Billy Jean King to Maria Sharapova

http://www.maldesigns.ca/top50since1967.htm

Beans15 Posted - 02/08/2008 : 08:39:08
Completely agree with MSC here. Alex, you can't say that Ovechkin or Crosby or anyone else for that matter has not lost it on a team mate. Not all practices are open and no one ever really knows what happens at team meetings.

I know last year Todd Fedoruk popped Joni Pitkanen in the lips during practice too. I'm sure if there were not any reporters or cameras at that practice, none of us would have ever heard about it.

And for you to say that it was Avery's fault is a little short sighted. How do you know that Malik didn't get into Avery's grill?? Just because Avery has the rep of being a instigator, doesn't mean he is automatically at fault.

In the end, I still hold firm that this kind of thing shows a passion.
MSC Posted - 02/07/2008 : 22:11:36
I think it's very naive to say ovechkin or crosby have never let things get heated in a practice or the dressing room for that matter. There's alot of stuff that happens behind the scenes that we don't see on a daily basis. There's 20 guys on the team who share the same goal in hockey, this doesn't mean they share the same vision on how to accomplish that goal. Things are bound to heat up in a physical atomsphere with so many different personalites, cultures and temperments. It's natural and a part of hockey. I think they're going a little over board on the sportsmanship, do on to others, blah blah blah....of course you need to have respect for the players and the game but every now and then positive reinforcement isn't going to work and you need to get your hands dirty.
PuckNuts Posted - 02/07/2008 : 17:52:19
I guess you have to have been in a similar situation to appreciate the results.

I have been there like Beans said, and the team actually gelled after the incident.

Some people do what they are asked when you say please, others need a poke...

Alex Posted - 02/07/2008 : 17:46:39
Why does it prove your passion for the game by blowing up at team mates? Crosby neveer blew up at his team mates. Neither did Ovechkin. To the best of my knowledge, the best and most dedicated NHLers never lost their cool at their team mates.

If you are playing poorly, it is a time to introspect, not lash out at another. Sean Avery is an arrogant little guy who can't take the heat and lost it at Malik for seemingly nothing more than a slightly off course shove.

That does not show passion. That shows lack of self control. If you have passion, put more hours in on yourself and improve your own game buddy

Habs get number 25 this year
Beans15 Posted - 02/07/2008 : 17:29:23
quote:
Originally posted by Alex

How about a fiery speech by a passionate captain? How about the coaches sitting the team down to a couple hours of film?

Fighting with each other is ridiculous, it undermines the entire team concept. It inadvertently shifts the blame from yourself to your teammates. It is unleashing unpent emotions at a colleague and thereby making a statement ''I am mad because we have had poor play of late, and I am taking it out on you''

Avery hold back the drama for L.A.

Some people only listen with their face. I think this kind of thing is fine. I have gotten pretty heated with team mates in different sports in the past.

If this kind of thing doesn't happen every once in a while, I would question some guys dedication and passion for winning.
Alex Posted - 02/07/2008 : 17:20:14
How about a fiery speech by a passionate captain? How about the coaches sitting the team down to a couple hours of film?

Fighting with each other is ridiculous, it undermines the entire team concept. It inadvertently shifts the blame from yourself to your teammates. It is unleashing unpent emotions at a colleague and thereby making a statement ''I am mad because we have had poor play of late, and I am taking it out on you''

Avery hold back the drama for L.A.

PuckNuts Posted - 02/07/2008 : 17:17:22
Nothing wrong with it if you ask me.

They played together later in the practice, and that goes to show that both of them thought that they made their point, and now continue on...

If it was bowling, and a fight broke out in practice I could see a problem, but this is a contact sport, and whatever it takes to "spark" the team then do it...

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page