Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Eastern Conference - Atlantic Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Florida
 What's Up With The Panthers?

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Antroman Posted - 02/10/2008 : 07:34:08
Florida Panthers are all of a sudden smokin' everyone by scoring a whack of goals. What has come over this team? Anyone have an explaination?
13   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Alex Posted - 02/11/2008 : 14:35:23
If you say they are not consistent Beans, might I ask how you say ''they have been playing this way all year'' when you yourself reiterated the point I am trying to make in that they can not keep a style of play up for more than a handful of games at a time?

Putting a spin on your words, they definitely have had the potential to play this way all year. But facts are facts, and the facts say they have not.

Habs get number 25 this year
semin-rules Posted - 02/11/2008 : 14:24:17
Well they certainly arent going to be doing great now
after the incident with Zednik

~~~GO STARS~~~
Beans15 Posted - 02/11/2008 : 09:51:19
Alex, to answer your question, they are not consistant. The have not slid into many losing streaks, but they have also not had winning streaks. They win a couple, then they lose a couple.

Lack of Consistancy. The have not won more than 4 in a row and have not lost more than 3 in a row all year.

Here is the a list of their season to this point.

L - NYR
L - NJD
L - TBL
W - NJD
W - TBL
W - MTL
L - TOR
L - OTT
W - PHI
L - BUF
L - NSH
W - CAR
W - BUF
L - CAR
W - TBL
L - TBL
L - ATL
L - CAR
O - ATL
W - WSH
L - CAR
W - WSH
W - CBJ
W - NYR
W - WSH
L - BOS
L - WSH
L - OTT
W - NYI
O - CGY
W - STL
L - DET
W - CHI
W - MTL
W - CAR
O - TOR
W - ATL
L - MTL
L - PHI
L - NJD
W - NYI
L - PIT
L - PIT
W - ATL
L - TBL
O - COL
L - PHI
W - NJD
L - WSH
W - OTT
O - EDM
L - BUF
W - VAN
W - TBL
W - TOR
L - OTT
W - BOS
L - BUF
semin-rules Posted - 02/10/2008 : 18:17:35
Yes Antroman
I am aware that they beat those teams.
not everyone can beat the Leafs I know.

Back to Beans comment,
I never really though about that,
but your right. The Panthers are just starting to come out of the hole,
They do not havea cup contending team yet,
but they are certainly building one, fairly fast.
with all of the rising stars they have, they will be one hell of a good team in the future

~~~GO STARS~~~
Antroman Posted - 02/10/2008 : 18:00:40
Semin Rules -You said they beat the Leafs badly, what team can't? Obviously the teams that can't are three of the best teams in the league. Toronto sandwiched the loss to Florida around three victories against Ottawa, Montreal and Detroit. Maybe before the gums start a flappin' you should tell yourself to stop nappin!!!!!!
Leafsfan_94 Posted - 02/10/2008 : 16:42:18
there just on a roll, they cdont have that great of a team

they're slump will end soon enough

or

one can only hope before they play leaafs again

>>>Go Leafs Go<<<
Leafsfan_94

Alex Posted - 02/10/2008 : 15:26:45
Just to play the role of devil's advocate Beans, if, as you say, ''Florida has been playing this kind of hockey all year'', might I ask why they have not been getting such fantastic results?

shinnyafterschool Posted - 02/10/2008 : 14:47:39
quote:
Originally posted by semin-rules

I wouldnt say Zednik is Ovechkin,
but he certainly is doing well.

~~~GO STARS~~~

Yeah, It's a similie, or is it a metaphor? maybe it's a hyperbole!

"Typos are very important to all written form. It gives the reader something to look for so they aren't distracted by the total lack of content in your writing."
Beans15 Posted - 02/10/2008 : 14:12:42
I think Florida is a better than than most of you are giving them credit for. Granted, they are not contenders, but they are far from push overs.

Firstly, their offense is more than Jokinen. Ever hear guys like Nathan Hortan, Steven Weiss, Josef Stumpel, David Booth?? They are on pace to have 6-20 goal or more guys. Their offense is more than Olli, but not much past the 2nd line.

Defensively, they are a guy or two short. Bouwmeester is solid as a rock and is only 24. Salei is another good one but is getting up there in years. Won't be around to see FLA be great. Motador is a decent player, but he a 5th or 6th defenseman, not the 3 that FLA is using him as.

Goaltending is strong. Vokoun is a bonified starter and I would put him in the top 10 goalies in the league. Anderson is a capable back up that has seen limited action. Both goalies have a .918 save %. Nothing to sneeze at.

Add on top of that one of the best coaches in the league, FLA is very competative with a limited line up. The thing FLA has going for them is they are pretty young across the board and they have $14 million under the cap next year with only 4 UFA's!

All the rumors are saying they are looking to unload Jokinen as him and the coach do not get along. Jokinen is under contract for another 2 years after this one at just over $5.0. Great price for a point a game guy. FLA could turn that into some nice pieces to the puzzle.

So, to answer the question, it is not a hot streak. Florida has been playing this kind of hockey all year.
semin-rules Posted - 02/10/2008 : 13:56:43
I wouldnt say Zednik is Ovechkin,
but he certainly is doing well.

~~~GO STARS~~~
shinnyafterschool Posted - 02/10/2008 : 12:35:21
Zednik is on fire. He went a long time wtihout scoring goals and all of a sudden he's Ovechkin out there.
semin-rules Posted - 02/10/2008 : 12:27:54
Yeah,
like Alex said
justr a hot streak, The Panthers are good,
and sure they beat the Leafs badly, but what team cant?
It will cool down soon,
they are not a threat to anyone I dont think

~~~GO STARS~~~
Alex Posted - 02/10/2008 : 08:06:43
Hot streak. That's all it is.

You look at the team and you can't tell me that they are going anywhere special. Olli carries them on offense nine times out of ten, Vokoun is saving face in the blue ice, but realistically, this team is not a legitamite threat to anyone for the time being.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page