Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 Poll - Dirtiest Player Ever

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Guest4912 Posted - 01/11/2008 : 09:59:36
Who is the worst of the worst when it comes to being a dirty player?
30   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Guest4912 Posted - 02/15/2008 : 07:59:55
i dont see how eric lindros was dirty, just because he was one of the preimier forwards of the 90's who dominated every aspect when he was on the ice, scoring, passing, checking, fighting, everything
67LEAFS Posted - 02/11/2008 : 20:36:09
Dale Hunter...see his infamous hit in the playoffs. Turgeon dislocated his shoulder on this play.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xte-Vtxg-m8
Alex Posted - 02/11/2008 : 20:28:32
Along the Hextall alley, in his days in T.O. I noticed a lot of hacking by Eddie the Eagle. I'm sure you get frustrated when you get traded from a cup team to what you think is another cup team, just to be in the doghouse, or to blow it against a crash the net type of team (Philly) in the post season. But I didn't like the attitude I saw from a generally soft spoken and cool headed Belfour.

Habs get number 25 this year
willus3 Posted - 02/11/2008 : 20:23:57
Here's a couple of guys who fit in this category that get forgotten.
Billy Smith and Ron Hextall.
Brutal stick work.

"I broke a mirror in my house. I'm supposed to get 7 years of bad luck but my lawyer thinks he can get me 5."
-- Steven Wright
Guest4498 Posted - 02/11/2008 : 18:18:58
dont forget Tie Dome and Eric Lindros
maybe Mark Messier
definitely Claude Lemieux
go Wings
Guest4912 Posted - 01/23/2008 : 09:19:12
The dirtiest player in todays game is chris simon, he doesn't deserve to be in the legue. everly time he comes back from his 30 game suspensions he gets into even more trouble.
get out of the legue simon, you suck
Guest4912 Posted - 01/22/2008 : 12:41:10
some people are thinking that downie is becoiming one of the worst for being dirty. First of all i just want to say that the hit that downie layed out wasent that bad.!!! yes he did hit him to the head but when your coming from behind the net with your head down there obviousy gunna hit it. secondly he did not "charge" or take 8 strides right into him if you watch the vidieo he starts skating at the blue line and stops moving his feet at the top of the circle and coasts into him. yes he didi leave his feet but he did not charge or intend to elbow him in the helmet i think that the suspension was a little much maye 5 games not 20. also him and blake have had a reputation and nobody is gunna honestly tell me if someone they hated was held up and you could punch him that you wouldnt do it. my piont exactly
Guest4912 Posted - 01/22/2008 : 12:27:00
my dumb friend keeps trying to lock my topics because his suck and no one replies
willus3 Posted - 01/22/2008 : 10:50:04
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4912

as the creator of the topic, i now signal an end to all further discussions and ask you willlus 3 to lock the topic

I'm not sure why you keep requesting to lock topics you or Guest 4912 has created. If there is a reason to lock a topic we will.

"Last time I went to the movies I was thrown out for bringing my own food. My argument was that the concession stand prices are outrageous. Besides, I haven't had a Bar-B-Que in a long time."
-- Steven Wright
Guest6511 Posted - 01/22/2008 : 09:16:43
Gotta be Bobby Clarke.
Guest4912 Posted - 01/22/2008 : 09:10:12
well, it looks like we've said everything there is to say on my topic. nobody has been replying lately, save a few guests

willus3, adminstrator, anybody. slap the padlock on it.
Guest4912 Posted - 01/21/2008 : 08:23:09
as the creator of the topic, i now signal an end to all further discussions and ask you willlus 3 to lock the topic
Guest9619 Posted - 01/18/2008 : 12:11:44
Chris Pronger
Guest4912 Posted - 01/15/2008 : 10:16:06
so do you think what chris simon did to ruutu was just, if he had it comming after being so dirty? i dont but i was just wondering what you thought
leigh Posted - 01/14/2008 : 13:37:14
quote:
Originally posted by slozo

I think Claude Lemieux's reputation is a bit undeserved . . . he was a face washer to be sure, and a great pest - but he didn't go after the knees and perform full speed checks from behind like these other guys did. At least, not that I remember.
I do recall a few nasty incidents with Claude but I think I basically agree with you here Slozo. Not the dirtiest but you better be ready for anything. Jarko Ruutu reminds me of him. So does Ville Niemenen.
hkalirah Posted - 01/14/2008 : 13:20:08
quote:
And although Bertuzzi doesn't quite make my list, his "one mistake" as someone suggested was not even close to his first . . . if memory serves correctly, the Moore incident was his 7th or 8th suspension.

As far as I know it was his first. Can you name any more?

Go Wings Go!
n/a Posted - 01/14/2008 : 13:04:39
Good call Antroman - yeah, I remember Hunter well. I always called him Head Hunter.

Derian Hatcher, Brian Marchment, Gary Suter, all get nods - but no one was as dirty, mean, and fearsome as Dale (in my memory). He would do absolutely anything to win, and you knew it just by looking at him.

I think Claude Lemieux's reputation is a bit undeserved . . . he was a face washer to be sure, and a great pest - but he didn't go after the knees and perform full speed checks from behind like these other guys did. At least, not that I remember.

And although Bertuzzi doesn't quite make my list, his "one mistake" as someone suggested was not even close to his first . . . if memory serves correctly, the Moore incident was his 7th or 8th suspension.
Guest0373 Posted - 01/14/2008 : 12:40:43
How could you forget "the rat" Kenny Linesman? Claude Lemieux is definitely in the top 5, as would be Jarkko Ruutu. Ville Neimenen gets honorable (dishonarable) mention, and don't forget Denis Gauthier's masterful "submarine the knees" hip checks!!
Antroman Posted - 01/14/2008 : 12:31:52
I forgot to mention that dirty Hab guy Kostitsyn who injured McCabe. Him and his brother remind me of the Tolos Brothers tag team wrestlers. LOL. In all seriousness though, has anyone ever heard of a guy by the name of Tim Coulis? This guy played for the Hamilton Fincups Jr. A team and was by far the absolute most dirty player I have ever seen. He was drafted by Washington and I think had a cup of coffee with them. The last time I heard of him he was down in the Southern league playing for Dallas. I think he was responsible for inciting some kind of riot one night down there and was subsequently arrested by the Dallas police.
Antroman Posted - 01/14/2008 : 12:09:46
Dale Hunter gets my vote. This guy was from the win at all cost school and when he didn't win then you had better have a goalie mask to protect your head. This guy would do anything to opposing players and not think twice about it. He was tough, mean and ugly and you had to be awear of where he was on the ice at all times, especially if his team was up a few goals or down a few. I do not know his penalty minutes and suspension history off the top of my head but I can assure you they were both substantial.
Guest4912 Posted - 01/14/2008 : 08:53:55
thats right admin it was mattis ohlund sorry for the spelling mistakes and thanks for straighting it up. as for dirtiest i would say chris simon this guy is an obsolute clown he gets thrown out for 20 plus then he comes back for 40ish games and does it again i say they get his ass out of the league
Patchy Posted - 01/11/2008 : 20:12:54
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and go with Claude Lemieux. Sure he was a great player, but an extremely dirty player. Many people will argue that he is not the dirtiest, but I'm sure many wings fans would be on the same page as me
For instance that hit on draper was probably the most potentially dangerous hit i've seen, what did he get 30 stitches or something? Sure there have been worse, but the thing about Lemieux was that he would never fight back, he would either turtle (McCarty), or have someone bigger and braver take the guy on for him. A player that kind of reminds me of Lemieux is Sean Avery, obviously the talent level is not the same, but just the way they play and are universaly hated...is very similar. Anyway I'll just wait for someone to challenge that, and I'll have absolutely nothing to say because I didn't really follow him much..but hey, there it is

~~Go Leafs Go~~
MSC Posted - 01/11/2008 : 19:57:02
I remember watching a segment on the ol telly, it might have actually been an episode of Cabbie on the Street. But they did a poll of NHL players of who they felt was the dirtiest, greasiest player in the league and the winner(or loser?) was Ohlund, hands down. For me personally not alot of incidents with him come to mind but that doesn't mean he doesn't do the little things behind the play that make him dirty that just goes unoticed by the people that aren't actually on the ice......Not that any of that matters because my choice was Ulf. Two words Cam Neely.
Guest7429 Posted - 01/11/2008 : 17:38:59
How about Darien Hatcher, master of the flying elbow? The other night when he knocked his own man silly I just about wet my pants laughing. That guy has made a career out of leaving his feet and leading with his elbow. Absolutely no class whatsoever.
hockster Posted - 01/11/2008 : 16:19:09
Gary suter would easily qualify
He was dirty
He hit hard
Devils Fanatic Posted - 01/11/2008 : 13:42:32
Not sure how well he would qualify, but Claude Lemieux.

Devils fan since the 85-86 season
leigh Posted - 01/11/2008 : 13:08:41
Bertuzzi and Ohlund don't deserve to be on this list in my opinon. Bertuzzi had a one time incident that shouldn't reflect on his entire career (although I'm sure it will) - It was 1 stupid moment but he has not played his career that way. Unfortunately Bertuzzi is a mean looking dude so people are buying into him "being dirty". Ohlund has two recent minor incidents that happen to every player at one time or another in their careers. He's not dirty.

I agree about Suter. You can also add Pronger...maybe even Chelios... Ron Hextal...or how about Billy Smith (this dude was nasty with his stick/blocker)
admin Posted - 01/11/2008 : 12:50:03
Hi guest 4912. I did a little housekeeping on this poll.

1) I renamed your poll because there is a thread from the day before with the same title.
2) I also corrected the spelling of several of your player options - please be careful (I assumed you meant Mattias Ohlund - although I'm not sure that he is that dirty??? let me know if that is correct)
3) I also added Marchment as his reputation is about as bad as it gets. Thanks!
hkalirah Posted - 01/11/2008 : 10:27:12
You're missing Gary Suter.

This guy was a dirty checker. He's credited with tearing Bure's ACL, hit from behind on the Great One, and almost breaking Kariya's Jaw.

Go Wings Go!
willus3 Posted - 01/11/2008 : 10:23:11
My all time most hated dirty player is Bryan Marchment.

Hard to choose from the list as I really don't like all of them.

"I'm a man of principle... or not. Whatever the situation calls for." - Alan Shore

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page