Play Now!
Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Hockey Trivia & Other Games
 Super Trivia!

 NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List
   
Message:

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

  Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)
    

T O P I C    R E V I E W
HabsBiggestFan Posted - 02/21/2008 : 19:10:14
I decided to make another hockey trivia game for us. (Why not?)
I ask the questions and you guys awnser.
Shall we get started?
*Hint use the Internet if you want.

First question: What was the name of the Philadelphia franchise that played in the NHL during the 30-31 season?


"My life: eat, sleep, play hockey"
40   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Timay Posted - 05/31/2008 : 23:29:03
There were no Jets, Nordiques or Rockies at the time.
There was the Canucks, North Stars and Blues though, not to mention the Kings and Penguins.

Oh yeah and it wasn't Oakland Seals, it was the California Golden Seals. That brings the total to 16.

quote:
Originally posted by Leafsfan_94

winnepeg jets
toronto maple leafs
montreal canadiens
detroit red wings
oakland seals
boston bruins
new york islanders
new york rangers
chicago blackhawks
quebec nordiques
philadelphia flyers
buffalo sabres
colorado rockies
atlanta flames

i got 14



Leafsfan_94




Leafsfan_94 Posted - 05/30/2008 : 14:55:51
winnepeg jets
toronto maple leafs
montreal canadiens
detroit red wings
oakland seals
boston bruins
new york islanders
new york rangers
chicago blackhawks
quebec nordiques
philadelphia flyers
buffalo sabres
colorado rockies
atlanta flames

i got 14









quote:
Originally posted by HabsBiggestFan

quote:
Originally posted by fat_elvis_rocked

Gordie Howe? after returning to the NHL 1981ish?


YEsssss How but it was in 79-80
Standings:
Alex: 48
Pucknuts: 28
Pensfan17: 21
99pickles: 15
Leafsfan 94: 15
Gostarsgo12: 12
Hkalirah: 9
Nashvillepreds: 7
Shinnyafterschool: 6
Kingwoody2: 3
Timay: 3
Leafs Rock Planet: 2
Axey: 2
Guest: 2
OILINONTARIO: 2
Tibber: 1
Fat Elvis Rocked: 1
Q:How many teams where in the NHL season in the 72-73 season?
1pt.

Go Detroit!





Leafsfan_94


HabsBiggestFan Posted - 05/30/2008 : 14:35:54
quote:
Originally posted by fat_elvis_rocked

Gordie Howe? after returning to the NHL 1981ish?


YEsssss How but it was in 79-80
Standings:
Alex: 48
Pucknuts: 28
Pensfan17: 21
99pickles: 15
Leafsfan 94: 15
Gostarsgo12: 12
Hkalirah: 9
Nashvillepreds: 7
Shinnyafterschool: 6
Kingwoody2: 3
Timay: 3
Leafs Rock Planet: 2
Axey: 2
Guest: 2
OILINONTARIO: 2
Tibber: 1
Fat Elvis Rocked: 1
Q:How many teams where in the NHL season in the 72-73 season?
1pt.

Go Detroit!
fat_elvis_rocked Posted - 05/18/2008 : 23:04:14
Gordie Howe? after returning to the NHL 1981ish?
HabsBiggestFan Posted - 05/18/2008 : 18:15:24
It is not Lemieux or Lafleur, keep tryin'

Nasty....Philly
fat_elvis_rocked Posted - 05/15/2008 : 12:36:01
Guy Lafleur? in 88-89?
hkalirah Posted - 05/13/2008 : 11:03:14
quote:
Originally posted by HabsBiggestFan

quote:
Originally posted by Timay

After the expansion came 12 plus Buffalo and Vancouver's debut make 14 teams in total.

Phaneuf pher Norris


Correct
Standings:
Alex: 48
Pucknuts: 28
Pensfan17: 21
99pickles: 15
Leafsfan 94: 15
Gostarsgo12: 12
Hkalirah: 9
Nashvillepreds: 7
Shinnyafterschool: 6
Kingwoody2: 3
Timay: 3
Leafs Rock Planet: 2
Axey: 2
Guest: 2
OILINONTARIO: 2
Tibber: 1
Q: Who was the first player to be elected into the HHOF and then afterwards play in an NHL All-Star game? In what season?
2pts

Nasty....Philly



Mario Lemieux, I think it was 2000 or 2001.

Go Wings Go!
HabsBiggestFan Posted - 05/12/2008 : 20:03:05
quote:
Originally posted by Timay

After the expansion came 12 plus Buffalo and Vancouver's debut make 14 teams in total.

Phaneuf pher Norris


Correct
Standings:
Alex: 48
Pucknuts: 28
Pensfan17: 21
99pickles: 15
Leafsfan 94: 15
Gostarsgo12: 12
Hkalirah: 9
Nashvillepreds: 7
Shinnyafterschool: 6
Kingwoody2: 3
Timay: 3
Leafs Rock Planet: 2
Axey: 2
Guest: 2
OILINONTARIO: 2
Tibber: 1
Q: Who was the first player to be elected into the HHOF and then afterwards play in an NHL All-Star game? In what season?
2pts

Nasty....Philly
Timay Posted - 05/11/2008 : 20:24:24
After the expansion came 12 plus Buffalo and Vancouver's debut make 14 teams in total.

Phaneuf pher Norris
HabsBiggestFan Posted - 05/11/2008 : 20:17:06
quote:
Originally posted by hkalirah

24

Go Wings Go!


No

Nasty....Philly
hkalirah Posted - 05/09/2008 : 07:32:00
24

Go Wings Go!
HabsBiggestFan Posted - 05/09/2008 : 06:06:29
Yeah,
Standings:
Alex: 48
Pucknuts: 28
Pensfan17: 21
99pickles: 15
Leafsfan 94: 15
Gostarsgo12: 12
Hkalirah: 9
Nashvillepreds: 7
Shinnyafterschool: 6
Kingwoody2: 3
Leafs Rock Planet: 2
Axey: 2
Guest: 2
OILINONTARIO: 2
Timay: 2
Tibber: 1
Q:How many teams where in the NHL in the 70-71 season?

Nasty....Philly
Leafsfan_94 Posted - 05/09/2008 : 04:24:11
eric lindros and i beleive he was 21

i would know hes my favouritre player


quote:
Originally posted by HabsBiggestFan

quote:
Originally posted by Gostarsgo12

Is it 12 teams?

Go Stars!!!


Correct
Alex: 48
Pucknuts: 28
Pensfan17: 21
99pickles: 15
Leafsfan 94: 13
Gostarsgo12: 12
Hkalirah: 9
Nashvillepreds: 7
Shinnyafterschool: 6
Kingwoody2: 3
Leafs Rock Planet: 2
Axey: 2
Guest: 2
OILINONTARIO: 2
Timay: 2
Tibber: 1
Q: In 1994 who became the youngest captain in the history of the Philadelphia flyers? How old was he?
2pts.

Nasty....Philly





Leafsfan_94


HabsBiggestFan Posted - 05/08/2008 : 20:25:12
quote:
Originally posted by Gostarsgo12

Is it 12 teams?

Go Stars!!!


Correct
Alex: 48
Pucknuts: 28
Pensfan17: 21
99pickles: 15
Leafsfan 94: 13
Gostarsgo12: 12
Hkalirah: 9
Nashvillepreds: 7
Shinnyafterschool: 6
Kingwoody2: 3
Leafs Rock Planet: 2
Axey: 2
Guest: 2
OILINONTARIO: 2
Timay: 2
Tibber: 1
Q: In 1994 who became the youngest captain in the history of the Philadelphia flyers? How old was he?
2pts.

Nasty....Philly
Guest4656 Posted - 05/07/2008 : 12:17:50
Yes it should be 12.
Gostarsgo12 Posted - 05/06/2008 : 20:29:48
Is it 12 teams?

Go Stars!!!
HabsBiggestFan Posted - 05/06/2008 : 19:51:34
No....
The awnser was....Bud Polie who didn't play for the Montreal Canadiens.
No changes to the standings.
NEW Q:How many team where in the NHL during the 67-68 season?

Goodbye Bruins!
tibber Posted - 05/05/2008 : 16:21:41
sorry, that was me who posted above re: roger jenkins

so technically he played for only 4 original six teams but played in 5 of the original six cities.... not Detriot (oops)
Guest6194 Posted - 05/05/2008 : 16:20:33
The only one I could find was Roger Jenkins who did not play for Detroit.

He played for Toronto, chicago, Montreal, Boston and the New York Americans, which was not an "original six" team (but it was the last team to fold prior to what we know as the original six).

HabsBiggestFan Posted - 04/30/2008 : 19:49:16
Nope not Vic Lynn and not the Rangers.


Goodbye Bruins!
hkalirah Posted - 04/30/2008 : 13:37:49
quote:
Originally posted by HabsBiggestFan

YES IT WAS THE GREAT ONE BUT HE WASN'T 19 HE WAS ACTUALLY 20.
Standings:
Alex: 48
Pucknuts: 28
Pensfan17: 21
99pickles: 15
Leafsfan 94: 13
Gostarsgo12: 11
Hkalirah: 9
Nashvillepreds: 7
Shinnyafterschool: 6
Kingwoody2: 3
Leafs Rock Planet: 2
Axey: 2
Guest: 2
OILINONTARIO: 2
Timay: 2
Tibber: 1
NQ:Who was the first NHL player to belong to 5 of the 6 original 6 franchises.Which team did he not play for?
2pts.

Goodbye Bruins!



Vic Lynn....he didn't play for the Rangers.

Go Wings Go!
Leafsfan_94 Posted - 04/30/2008 : 04:38:06
not sure of the player but ill guess...boston?

quote:
Originally posted by HabsBiggestFan

YES IT WAS THE GREAT ONE BUT HE WASN'T 19 HE WAS ACTUALLY 20.
Standings:
Alex: 48
Pucknuts: 28
Pensfan17: 21
99pickles: 15
Leafsfan 94: 13
Gostarsgo12: 11
Hkalirah: 9
Nashvillepreds: 7
Shinnyafterschool: 6
Kingwoody2: 3
Leafs Rock Planet: 2
Axey: 2
Guest: 2
OILINONTARIO: 2
Timay: 2
Tibber: 1
NQ:Who was the first NHL player to belong to 5 of the 6 original 6 franchises.Which team did he not play for?
2pts.

Goodbye Bruins!





Leafsfan_94


HabsBiggestFan Posted - 04/29/2008 : 19:56:22
YES IT WAS THE GREAT ONE BUT HE WASN'T 19 HE WAS ACTUALLY 20.
Standings:
Alex: 48
Pucknuts: 28
Pensfan17: 21
99pickles: 15
Leafsfan 94: 13
Gostarsgo12: 11
Hkalirah: 9
Nashvillepreds: 7
Shinnyafterschool: 6
Kingwoody2: 3
Leafs Rock Planet: 2
Axey: 2
Guest: 2
OILINONTARIO: 2
Timay: 2
Tibber: 1
NQ:Who was the first NHL player to belong to 5 of the 6 original 6 franchises.Which team did he not play for?
2pts.

Goodbye Bruins!
HabsBiggestFan Posted - 04/29/2008 : 19:43:46
It's Tkachuk Picklez gets it.
Standings:
Alex: 47
Pucknuts: 28
Pensfan17: 21
99pickles: 15
Leafsfan 94: 13
Gostarsgo12: 11
Hkalirah: 9
Nashvillepreds: 7
Shinnyafterschool: 6
Kingwoody2: 3
Leafs Rock Planet: 2
Axey: 2
Guest: 2
OILINONTARIO: 2
Timay: 2
Tibber: 1
NQ: ho became the youngest player in NHL history to win the scoring race in 80-81? How old was ye?

Goodbye Bruins!
99pickles Posted - 04/29/2008 : 15:26:41
quote:
Originally posted by hkalirah

quote:
Originally posted by HabsBiggestFan

It was indeeds Fred Shero.
Standings:
Alex: 47
Pucknuts: 28
Pensfan17: 21
99pickles: 14
Leafsfan 94: 13
Gostarsgo12: 11
Hkalirah: 9
Nashvillepreds: 7
Shinnyafterschool: 6
Kingwoody2: 3
Leafs Rock Planet: 2
Axey: 2
Guest: 2
OILINONTARIO: 2
Timay: 2
Tibber: 1
NQ: As of the 05-06 season who held the Phoenix Cayote/WINNIPEG JETS! record for most career playoff goals?

Goodbye Bruins!



Gonna guess Hawerchuk.

Go Wings Go!



I wish it was Hawerchuk. But I am pretty sure that Tkachuk has almost as many with just the 'Yotes alone (something like 16 for Ducky as a Jet, and 13 for 'chukky as a 'Yote) but then you add in Tkachuk's Jet figures (single digits, mind you) and he surpasses Ducky, altogether....sadly.
I also recall that some other random Jet has the same number of Jet Playoff Goals as Hawerchuk - and shockingly it's not Steen. It's some random guy like Deblois, MacLean, McBain, Ellett, or Carlysle...not someone you may expect.

Or my memory fails me and I am completely wrong altogether!!
hkalirah Posted - 04/29/2008 : 07:04:27
quote:
Originally posted by HabsBiggestFan

It was indeeds Fred Shero.
Standings:
Alex: 47
Pucknuts: 28
Pensfan17: 21
99pickles: 14
Leafsfan 94: 13
Gostarsgo12: 11
Hkalirah: 9
Nashvillepreds: 7
Shinnyafterschool: 6
Kingwoody2: 3
Leafs Rock Planet: 2
Axey: 2
Guest: 2
OILINONTARIO: 2
Timay: 2
Tibber: 1
NQ: As of the 05-06 season who held the Phoenix Cayote/WINNIPEG JETS! record for most career playoff goals?

Goodbye Bruins!



Gonna guess Hawerchuk.

Go Wings Go!
99pickles Posted - 04/28/2008 : 22:49:48
Probably Tkachuk again, right?
HabsBiggestFan Posted - 04/28/2008 : 19:39:18
It was indeeds Fred Shero.
Standings:
Alex: 47
Pucknuts: 28
Pensfan17: 21
99pickles: 14
Leafsfan 94: 13
Gostarsgo12: 11
Hkalirah: 9
Nashvillepreds: 7
Shinnyafterschool: 6
Kingwoody2: 3
Leafs Rock Planet: 2
Axey: 2
Guest: 2
OILINONTARIO: 2
Timay: 2
Tibber: 1
NQ: As of the 05-06 season who held the Phoenix Cayote/WINNIPEG JETS! record for most career playoff goals?

Goodbye Bruins!
99pickles Posted - 04/28/2008 : 07:31:51
quote:
Originally posted by tibber

quote:
Originally posted by HabsBiggestFan
[br
What coach preached: "Take the shortest route to the puck carrier and arrive in ill humour?"

Goodbye Bruins!



It was Fred Shiro (Who coached Bobby Clarke). Clarke reused the quote several times and added "WE" to the front to describe his team.



touche!
tibber Posted - 04/28/2008 : 06:56:33
quote:
Originally posted by HabsBiggestFan
[br
What coach preached: "Take the shortest route to the puck carrier and arrive in ill humour?"

Goodbye Bruins!



It was Fred Shiro (Who coached Bobby Clarke). Clarke reused the quote several times and added "WE" to the front to describe his team.
HabsBiggestFan Posted - 04/27/2008 : 19:43:15
Correct.
Standings:
Alex: 47
Pucknuts: 28
Pensfan17: 21
99pickles: 14
Leafsfan 94: 13
Gostarsgo12: 11
Hkalirah: 9
Nashvillepreds: 7
Shinnyafterschool: 6
Kingwoody2: 3
Leafs Rock Planet: 2
Axey: 2
Guest: 2
OILINONTARIO: 2
Timay: 2

What coach preached: "Take the shortest route to the puck carrier and arrive in ill humour?"

Goodbye Bruins!
99pickles Posted - 04/23/2008 : 04:55:20
Off the top of my head it is Alan Eagleson right?? He was embezzling funds from the players' pension fund - among other things. I am not aware of anyone else being removed before Eagleson.
HabsBiggestFan Posted - 04/22/2008 : 20:18:49
Correct.
Standings:
Alex: 47
Pucknuts: 28
Pensfan17: 21
Leafsfan 94: 13
99pickles: 12
Gostarsgo12: 11
Hkalirah: 9
Nashvillepreds: 7
Shinnyafterschool: 6
Kingwoody2: 3
Leafs Rock Planet: 2
Axey: 2
Guest: 2
OILINONTARIO: 2
Timay: 2
Q:Who was the first HHOF member to have his plaque removed for disciplinary reasons? Why?
2pts.

Leafs are out, Montreal is in, it's all good.
Timay Posted - 04/20/2008 : 21:20:57
the original six.

Phaneuf pher Norris
HabsBiggestFan Posted - 04/20/2008 : 19:45:29
Correct
Standings:
Alex: 47
Pucknuts: 28
Pensfan17: 21
Leafsfan 94: 13
99pickles: 12
Gostarsgo12: 11
Hkalirah: 9
Nashvillepreds: 7
Shinnyafterschool: 6
Kingwoody2: 3
Leafs Rock Planet: 2
Axey: 2
Guest: 2
OILINONTARIO: 2
Timay: 1
Q:How many teams where in the NHL in the 66-67 season?
1pt

Leafs are out, Montreal is in, it's all good.
pensfan17 Posted - 04/17/2008 : 20:44:55
Bob Boughner
HabsBiggestFan Posted - 04/17/2008 : 20:07:09
Correct (I know lolz)
Standings:
Alex: 47
Pucknuts: 28
Pensfan17: 20
Leafsfan 94: 13
99pickles: 12
Gostarsgo12: 11
Hkalirah: 9
Nashvillepreds: 7
Shinnyafterschool: 6
Kingwoody2: 3
Leafs Rock Planet: 2
Axey: 2
Guest: 2
OILINONTARIO: 2
Timay: 1
NQ: What Calgary Flames defenceman was nicknamed the Boogie Man?
1PT.

Leafs are out, Montreal is in, it's all good.
Leafsfan_94 Posted - 04/16/2008 : 10:26:38
Johnny Bower, honky the christmas goose lolz


quote:
Originally posted by HabsBiggestFan

Alex gets 2 Leafsfan gets 2
Standings:
Alex: 47
Pucknuts: 28
Pensfan17: 20
99pickles: 12
Gostarsgo12: 11
Leafsfan 94: 11
Hkalirah: 9
Nashvillepreds: 7
Shinnyafterschool: 6
Kingwoody2: 3
Leafs Rock Planet: 2
Axey: 2
Guest: 2
OILINONTARIO: 2
Timay: 1
Q:What former NHL netminder recorded a Christmas song? What was it called
2pts.

Leafs are out, Montreal is in, it's all good.





Leafsfan_94

I HATE YOU HABS!

HabsBiggestFan Posted - 04/15/2008 : 19:40:48
Alex gets 2 Leafsfan gets 2
Standings:
Alex: 47
Pucknuts: 28
Pensfan17: 20
99pickles: 12
Gostarsgo12: 11
Leafsfan 94: 11
Hkalirah: 9
Nashvillepreds: 7
Shinnyafterschool: 6
Kingwoody2: 3
Leafs Rock Planet: 2
Axey: 2
Guest: 2
OILINONTARIO: 2
Timay: 1
Q:What former NHL netminder recorded a Christmas song? What was it called
2pts.

Leafs are out, Montreal is in, it's all good.
Leafsfan_94 Posted - 04/14/2008 : 17:18:17
super mario 62 goals 92 assists



Leafsfan_94

I HATE YOU HABS!


Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page


DraftKings
Play DraftKings free one-day fantasy hockey contest.