Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Heads Up!
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Randy Steinman
 Time To Tweak - Whipping hockey pools into shape!

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
admin Posted - 02/25/2008 : 12:37:25
By Randy Steinman
www.fantasyhockeyjournal.com

Most NHL teams are now into their final quarter of the 2007-08 season. If you are struggling in your league, now is the time to make the adjustments necessary to move up in the standings or better yet- win your league!

Here are some steps to take now to tweak your team to the top:

1- Know your trade deadline.
The trade deadine for a lot of leagues is the same as the "real" NHL trade deadline- Feb.26. Find the deadline date for trades in your league. The purpose of trading is to improve your team. This is often done by trading your spare parts. Try to plan some trades that could be completed by the deadline BUT don't end up kicking yourself by missing your league's trade deadline.

2- Keep an eye on the waiver wire.
A lot of quality players have returned to action (from injuries) lately. Know what players are coming back by watching the Injury lists. Grab players that should help help your team through. Picking up a player from the waiver wire who is slightly "hot" to replace a player who is "cold" certainly won't hurt your team.

3- Follow the trade deadline deals.
Some stars will be moved before the NHL trade deadline which will create a ripple effect in NHL lineups. Try to predict a move or two in advance- or act as soon as you hear about the deal. Let's say the Toronto Maple Leafs trade Mats Sundin for draft picks. Sundin might assume the number one center position with his new team. Somebody moves down to number two center on that team. Is that player on your team? Might be time to trade that player pronto! Also- the player taking Sundin's position as the new #1 center for the Leafs might be worth acquiring.

4- Check your stat categories.
Are you getting big numbers in some statistical categories of your league and poor numbers in others? It might be time to trade a player or two who are big in goals or assists for players big in +/- or PIM. Or you could be overloaded with goons and need scoring. Time to trade their PIM's for players who will get you G's and A's.

5- Are you overloaded at certain positions?
Are you having trouble fitting some of your quality players into your league's assigned position slots every night? You might be wise to trade them for a player of equal value who might fit into your lineup regularly.

6- Check between the pipes.
If one of your goalies is a backup you might want to check the waiver wire. While you may have been playing with your backup netminder all year- because of injuries- there may be a better one available now.

With a little attention to detail you can tweak your team to move up the standings.

Be sure to visit Fantasy Hockey Journal (www.fantasyhockeyjournal.com) - All your tools for your hockey pools.

Have an opinion on Steinman's article? Let us know. Just hit reply below and post your thoughts. Anything goes...but keep it clean.
PickupHockey.com is your online hockey community. We're always looking for sharp volunteer writers. If you feel that you'd like to contribute please send us an email at admin@pickuphockey.com
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Randy S. Posted - 02/26/2008 : 18:18:03
quote:
Originally posted by Alex

Thank you Randy!

For someone who knows so much, why don't you contribute more in the forums?

I have enough trouble finding the time to post in The Forum at my site!

I'll be around here more often though.

Fantasy Hockey Journal
Alex Posted - 02/26/2008 : 14:22:58
Thank you Randy!

For someone who knows so much, why don't you contribute more in the forums? It would be pleasure to have even one more person saying to me ''Alex you have no clue what you are saying!''

Habs get number 25 this year
Randy S. Posted - 02/25/2008 : 20:55:07
Hi Alex, I'm Randy Steinman from Fantasy Hockey Journal. Glad you enjoyed this article.

You will find many of my articles from FHJ posted here at PickupHockey.com. I'm honoured to have my site, Fantasy Hockey Journal working together with Leigh and the other fine folks at PickupHockey.com.

It's almost certain that I'll be submitting an article about fantasy playoff hockey here when it gets closer to the playoffs.

Hopefully we can make you rise from mediocrity in your playoff pool this season!

Fantasy Hockey Journal
Alex Posted - 02/25/2008 : 12:41:16
Admin I always love following these and more times than not follow the advice. I am sitting at first in my pool because of patience and a lot of these tips.

Question, do these bloggers also write stuff up regarding fantasy playoff hockey, i.e. who to grab and who to leave hanging? If so, around when can I expect to see this posted?

I was only mediocre in the playoff portion of my pool last year and it cost me the big cahuna. I am looking to avoid a repeat

Habs get number 25 this year

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page