Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 Tradecenter 08

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
leafsfan_101 Posted - 02/26/2008 : 12:29:08
With the trade deadline finished, which team do you think made the best additions and improved their team the most?
13   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
OILINONTARIO Posted - 02/28/2008 : 09:20:25
I think it is irresponsible to make blanket statements about Carey Price like, "Too young", "can't handle pressure", "not enough experience", etc. As has been mentioned before, he wouldn't be the first Habs' goalie to thrive after being thrust into this situation. The fellows making this decision, Bob Gainey and Guy Carbonneau both have first-hand knowledge of the type of young goalie it takes to lead a team to the Cup, and they obviously have faith that Price is that kind of guy. They might both be wrong, but judging by the decisive action taken at the deadline, it is difficult to argue that the move will definitely prove to be a huge mistake.

I like the fact that the Sharks picked up Brian Boucher. He might give Nabokov some much needed rest before the playoffs begin, and as always, goaltending will be key to winning the Cup. Campbell will surely help out on the PP. Same as last year, I will be leaning towards SJ in my playoff pool. I fully expect better results.

The Oil WILL make the playoffs in 2009.
ThorntonisTHEMAN Posted - 02/28/2008 : 08:11:08
quote:
[i]Originally posted by leigh[/i]
[br]
quote:
Originally posted by ThorntonisTHEMAN

Alex, you are forgetting something, Turco can't seem to play in the playoffs. He does incredible in the season but every playoffs he chokes.

I know Dallas didn't make it out of the first round but I don't think 3 solid wins (all 3 were shut outs! - and multi-OT games) last year "choking". He had a .952 save percentage with a 1.30 GAA last year. The two years before that were sub-standard but the year before that was excellent! Dallas has always been a good team but they never truly had the depth. This year they do. Look for them to go deep.

My bad, your right. Turco hasn't choked every year. He played great last year and he played great in '02-'03. But he played awful in 03-04 and 05-06.
03-04: GAA-3.32, Save %- .85
05-06: GAA 3.18, Save %- .87

not great numbers. but i do admit, the other 2 years he was brilliant. so i guess we'll see whether he has a good year or a bad year this year

"I'm not dumb enough to be a goalie."
Brett Hull.
shinnyafterschool Posted - 02/28/2008 : 08:05:08
quote:
[i]Originally posted by Alex[/i]
[br]I like San Jose because I think that they have no worries now. Dallas is also, but they got ripped off.

Colorado has goalie troubles, Ottawa has goalie troubles, Detroit has goalie troubles (not to the same extent)... I like San Jose, Anaheim and Dallas, and seeing as Anaheim made no trades today specifically, the latter two teams get my nod as the big winners of TC08

Habs get number 25 this year

Colorado? Goalie Troubles? How?

"Desire is the most important factor in the success of any athlete. "
Leafsfan_94 Posted - 02/27/2008 : 17:59:44
i think dallas did the best,then pittsburgh then san jose and last washington

dallas

got richards which is a big help

pittsburgh got hossa, which is a good player in the regular seasonbut never shows up in playoff time

san jose, who is already good defensively now they get campbell

and washington, ithink took advantage of montreal. why would the habs be so STUPID to get rid of huet, i mean he had to be the number one goalie price and halak are TOO YOUNG and since MTL is going to make the playoffs i doubt they will go far cause PRICE CANT HANDLE THE PRESSURE OF BEIN NUMBER ONE GOALIE.

neither can halak

i think they should leave price in hamilton, get a goodveteran goalie and leave halak as a backup. price is too young to playin the nhl as a number one goalie. They are goin to ruin this kids career!

-Red Wings GM

Leafsfan_94

leigh Posted - 02/26/2008 : 14:43:32
quote:
Originally posted by ThorntonisTHEMAN

Alex, you are forgetting something, Turco can't seem to play in the playoffs. He does incredible in the season but every playoffs he chokes.

I know Dallas didn't make it out of the first round but I don't think 3 solid wins (all 3 were shut outs! - and multi-OT games) last year "choking". He had a .952 save percentage with a 1.30 GAA last year. The two years before that were sub-standard but the year before that was excellent! Dallas has always been a good team but they never truly had the depth. This year they do. Look for them to go deep.
ThorntonisTHEMAN Posted - 02/26/2008 : 14:40:24
I agree with everything you said there. And i'm even more sure now that the Stanley Cup winner will be from the West (sorry Habs and Pens).
It's Shark time!

Brett Hull.
Alex Posted - 02/26/2008 : 14:37:06
I really like Anaheim's chances, I think that they are the runaway favourites it is hard to disagree with that. Detroit is just a matter of consistency, which we havent seen lately.

San Jose is good, but as you said, they need to put the bisket in the basket. As I said elsewhere, I think Campbell can do double duty by bulking up their blue line while adding a little offensive push, and obviously turning their PP into a potent scoring unit!

ThorntonisTHEMAN Posted - 02/26/2008 : 14:28:34
i also think that Pittsburgh will have goalie troubles. San Jose will be great...... if they can score. Anaheim is going to be brilliant again.
and i don't know why, but i'm sensing a decent playoffs for Theodore/Budaj

Brett Hull.
Alex Posted - 02/26/2008 : 14:25:11
I like San Jose because I think that they have no worries now. Dallas is also, but they got ripped off.

Colorado has goalie troubles, Ottawa has goalie troubles, Detroit has goalie troubles (not to the same extent)... I like San Jose, Anaheim and Dallas, and seeing as Anaheim made no trades today specifically, the latter two teams get my nod as the big winners of TC08

ThorntonisTHEMAN Posted - 02/26/2008 : 14:22:45
I really like how Washington made a move for a good goalie. Kolzig is good, but too old. If Fedorov can stay healthy, it's a great pickup for a run at the playoffs. I would have liked to see them try and get a decent defensive defenceman tho.
Pittsburgh will be dynamite now! but they may have sacrificed a big part of the future! Especially if they can't sign Hossa.
Sharks got their star defenceman! it will help their depth a lot! would've liked them to make a move for someone to help Joey tho.
Dallas/Tampa trade was pretty even.
Colorado has the tools for a long playoff run now. Watch out for them.

Improved their team the most? Pittsburgh for right now. and Atlanta and Tampa for the future.

Brett Hull.
semin-rules Posted - 02/26/2008 : 14:16:12
Sure the Penguins got Hossa
but Washington is sure building up their team again
same with Colorado

Colordao- GEtting their old players back, and everyone coming back from injuries, they will be hot now

Washington- Picking up some amazing players, will surely improve their chances in the playoffs

~~~GO STARS~~~
n/a Posted - 02/26/2008 : 13:44:44
Write-in vote: The Leafs!
Reason: No more Wade Belak!

In all seriousness, gotta give it to Pittsburgh - for now. I would hope they have some spoken assurance of a future (signing of Hossa in the future), but really, he was the best player dealt on deadline day. It's all about chemistry now, but with Malkin as a second choice after Crosby - well, 'nuff said. Whoever has Hossa in the pool is rubbing their hands with glee! Plus, Dupuis is a guy who they can plug into the line-up in a third line situation, a place where Armstrong should have been in the first place.

Dallas doesn't get my vote, because I think it was a pretty even deal. Sure, Richards is great, and a leader - but Jussi was a good defensive forward and special teams guy, nevermind the shootout king. Don't know much about Halpern, but he was at least a guy you can put on the 2nd or 3rd line. Goalies are pretty even, I think.

San Jose - nice pick up of Campbell, they have their stud defenceman now. They are my second pick behind Pittsburgh for best trade result.

Caps - well done! We'll see how Federov can do in an offensive system, and Huet is a step up from an aging Kolzig, I think. A run is possible . . .

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Axey Posted - 02/26/2008 : 12:36:50
i like what washington has done .. i really like huet since im a habs fan and im upset hes gone .. but he really is going to make the washington team better in goal... federov makes there forwards stronger and mb ovechkin can spark him to be better ... but also i like colorado forsberg is my favourite player and i think he was just a steal and as was foote and brings a couple guys who have history with the club in their dynasty days ...also anaheim continues to impress by their acquisitions but i dont like the future look

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page