Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Western Conference - Pacific Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Los Angeles
 Cudos To Dean Lombardi!

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
PainTrain Posted - 02/27/2008 : 08:48:56
Los Angeles is going to be a total turn around next year. They have Brown,Frolov,Handzus and Visnovsky locked up for long term. They will most likely sign Kopitar, Cammalleri, and O'Sullivan a contract extension. They have several other RFA's that they will sign as well.

They traded away Brad Stuart and J.S Aubin for nothing people would think. Just draft choices. But those draft choices could be a Zetterberg, you never know. And the main reason, is that with losing those two players the Kings have around 7 million to spend on Free Agents. They'll most likely throw away Tverodovsky, Scott Armstrong and Nagy. If they do that, that's another 7 million away. Then they would be at 14 million under the cap for Free Agency.

Then there is Blake. Who is getting paid 6 million a year. They could resign him or let him go. I think they should let him go. 6 million for a 37 year old is way too much. If they let him go then they are 20 million under the cap. They don't need to re-sing Kopitar 'till the later end of next season. O'Sullivan they have to sign this year so he will maybe ask for about 2 million and Cammelleri doesn't need to be signed until the later end of next season as well.

If they re-sign O'Sullivan (Which they should) they would be sitting around 17-18 million under the cap. That is a lot of free agents they can get. And throw in all those draft choices they have this year. This team is turning around quite nicely.

Thoughts? Comments?
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
shinnyafterschool Posted - 02/28/2008 : 15:37:08
Yes they will be better, but really, do they have what it takes to compete in the west? I could see them as the odd-man-out for the next few years still; simply because Detroit, Dallas, Colorado, Calgary, Vancouver, Chicago, San Jose, even the Oilers, all have a brighter future in my eyes.

"Desire is the most important factor in the success of any athlete. "
MarkhamMax Posted - 02/27/2008 : 11:31:56
My only comment is that $6M is fine on a 37 yr. old if he is delivering the goods. Blake isn't in my opinion.

As for the cap room you created a good deal of that will be gobbled up in re-signings, but they do look to be in a positive position in that respect.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page