Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Western Conference - Pacific Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... San Jose
 Sharks demote Bernier, Carle

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
admin Posted - 01/02/2007 : 15:14:24

quote:
Associated Press
SAN JOSE, Calif. - The San Jose Sharks assigned right wing Steve Bernier and defenseman Matt Carle to their AHL affiliate in Worcester on Tuesday, demoting two of their top young prospects.

Bernier and Carle hadn't missed a game this season until both were healthy scratches in San Jose's 4-2 win over Dallas on Sunday, one day after the Sharks' worst loss in eight years, 8-0 at Phoenix. Bernier had scored just one point in his past seven games, and Carle was a minus-4 against the Coyotes.

Bernier, a second-year pro, is the Sharks' fourth-leading scorer with 11 goals and 14 assists in 39 games this season. He scored 27 points in 39 games as a rookie last season, playing on San Jose's second line alongside captain Patrick Marleau.

Carle, who won the Hobey Baker Award as the NCAA's top played last season, is San Jose's top-scoring defenseman with three goals and 18 assists in 39 games. He is sixth in the NHL in points among rookies.

http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews/news/breaking_news/16368456.htm

What do you make of this babs?
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
PainTrain Posted - 03/18/2007 : 20:15:09
Funny they sent Bernier down to the minors to block more shots he starts doing that breaks his ankleor i think because he blocked a shot.
bablaboushka Posted - 01/02/2007 : 15:33:34
Wow this is definitely a surprise.

I don't like this move. I know Carle started off the year very hot, he was even the top rookie scorer after about 15 games (yes I know Malkin was still hurt). The thing is that he fizzled out quite a while ago and I really think that this is strange timing to send him down. I wish they would have sent him down earlier, to get more practice in the AHL so they could bring him back up in time for the final stretch into the playoffs. He still has time to develop before then, but it will be more of a rushed process. This is case and point as to why San Jose needs to sign an experienced defenseman that can lead players like Carle. If they don't get one before the trade deadline, they could struggle in the playoffs. I hate to say this, but out with Nabokov and his $25 million and bring in a Brian Rafalski, or a Rob Blake or a Sergei Zubov or Pronger or Niedermayer or someone like them, I don't care. They need someone...

I feel bad for Bernier. After having great playoffs with his usual linemates (Marleau and Michalek), he plays a few games with them this season then gets changed lines. Then Joe Pavelski happens. Well this kid is playing so well, let's put him on the top line. Well that means someone has to move down, and that's none other than Steve Bernier. If there is one thing I don't like about Ron Wilson it's that he shuffles his lines too much. Bernier has gotten the brunt of this and is now getting sent down? Put him back with Michalek and Marleau instead of moving them up and down from the top two lines and give him some time.
Guest6916 Posted - 01/02/2007 : 15:25:50
All I can say is HUH?
1 Crosby fan Posted - 01/02/2007 : 15:25:23
They WHAT demoted bernier and carle

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page