Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Trash Talk
 Biggest rivalry

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Guest4288 Posted - 11/26/2008 : 15:02:41
Which two teams have the biggest rivalry?
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Guest9838 Posted - 11/28/2008 : 09:09:27
Just because games are half decent doesn't mean there's a good fierce rivalry, it just means it was a good game.

In the last Boston/Montreal game Savard talked Laraque out of fighting Lucic... AND LARAQUE LISTENED!!! When you can talk an enforcer for the opposing team out of fighting, you don't have a rivalry. Laraque should have pounded Savard for telling him what to do.

And c'mon Toronto/Mtl? yes good games, but is Antropov spouting hate for Kovalev before the game? Is there going to be a line brawl with Price and Toskala jumping in? I don't think so. The history with Grabovski is the only thing that could be remotely considered as new basis for a rivalry. There's got to be renewed battles again and again to keep the fire of a rivalry going, and I'm sorry but that just isn't out there any more. These days the best we see are good games, reminisce on good history, and the rivalries are confined to the stands...
n/a Posted - 11/28/2008 : 07:29:42
Historically, Toronto/Montreal is longer and more storied, but right now, it's clearly Calgary/Edmonton. Two good teams with no love, and the games are always good.

Boston/Montreal comes a close second, I think - seen some good games there too, and both teams are battling it out in the standings.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Matt_Roberts85 Posted - 11/27/2008 : 13:14:06
Columbus vs nashville........lol

There is no "I" in team, but there is an "M" and an "E".
Guest2559 Posted - 11/27/2008 : 12:09:43
Toronto - Ottawa is a gooder .
Edmonton - Calgary will never die.
The one I miss the most Edmonton - Dallas those were allways dandy games.
Axey Posted - 11/26/2008 : 20:52:34
The Habs/ Bruins rivalry is real strong if you ask me, and the Leafs and Habs is still there but not nearly as intense as it once was. The game is becoming Europeanized and taking away the hate between teams.

Chicago Blackhawks GM

Jesus didn't tap.
HockeyFan12 Posted - 11/26/2008 : 18:18:10
it is now. haha but it wasnt
Guest0202 Posted - 11/26/2008 : 16:45:02
It's in there...
HockeyFan12 Posted - 11/26/2008 : 16:43:22
How do you forget Edmonton / Calgary??
Guest0202 Posted - 11/26/2008 : 16:38:32
Unfortunately I think most of the best rivalries are done and gone or too one sided now... Colorado - Detroit, Toronto - Montreal/Ottawa, NYR - NYI, Philly - All other eastern conference teams, Cgy - Edm/Van... etc etc. With the way team turnover is in the "new NHL" teams don't get a chance to build up that hate we as fans all love. These days it's just the fans hating another team's fans, but that doesn't really translate on the ice.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page