Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Eastern Conference - Atlantic Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Ottawa
 Toronto is a better team than Ottawa

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
hanley6 Posted - 12/28/2008 : 18:40:11
Toronto has a better team than Ottawa, Toronto has more skilled players, Toronto plays better as a team with Ottawa its a me me me mentality. Ottawa has only 8 players with atleast 10 points only 4 of them have atleast 20 points and two of those 4 have atleast 30 points, But Ottawa has the best goaltending they've ever had since Ron Tugnutt and Damien Rhodes. Ottawa was smart getting rid of Ray Emery because lets face it he sucks. Gerber was there best goalie last year. And I would say he's a little better than Auld. Ottawa's goaltending is better than Toronto's but thats it... Toronto has 11 almost 15 players with atleast 10 points, 8 of them have atleast 20 points and 1 of them have 30 points. Which is proof that Toronto is a higher skilled hockey team than ottawa
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Hustler90 Posted - 12/30/2008 : 13:46:25
I knew this was Hanley's post before I even opened it lol, a topic stating something is better than something. Well Ottawa has the big names but they don't play the game. A bunch of puck hogs that try to do it all themselves and have terrible chemistry. Toronto has great positonal but is a little low on the talent department and have a hard time scoring. If Ottawa ever got a hold of good GM or a Coach they might turn this team around and it would live up to its potential. They almost had the cup one year and then screwed around made a couple stupid moves and now they've fallen apart. Both Toronto and Ottawa suck, end of discussion.
Beans15 Posted - 12/30/2008 : 13:34:58
I see one difference between Ottawa and Toronto.

Ottawa is a more skilled team playing well below their potential.

Toronto is a less skilled team playing well over their potential.

The scary thing about it is that a team playing over their potential has a hard time getting better. A team playing under their potential can get better without doing much.

That's my take.
hanley6 Posted - 12/30/2008 : 11:48:50
quote:
Originally posted by Guest8312

This argument is awful- both teams are terrible and if anything both teams fans should be cheering for the Tavares sweepstakes. I visualized your statement as two disabled runners battling for second-last in the special olympics. Yes, even if the leafs are marginally a better team than the Sens are currently- they're still awful.

Get real!!! I know Ottawa is aweful that's for sure but you have to admit for the situation The Leafs are going through, Rebuilding of a team, injuries (especially there best 2 D'men Schenn and Van Ryn), The so called number 1 goalie Toskala (needs to be traded for a decent goalie) The youngest team in the NHL, Most rookies on the Leafs than any other team in the NHL You have to admit under all of these circumstances The Leafs are playing awesome. Not as good as I'd like to see them play but for what they have they are doing an amazing job. And I have no doubts that The Leafs created a strong team within the next couple years from this. May not be this year but Next year or the Year after I have a feeling we will see the Leafs in The Playoffs and maybe just maybe they'll put up a good fight for the Cup
Guest8312 Posted - 12/30/2008 : 11:24:12
This argument is awful- both teams are terrible and if anything both teams fans should be cheering for the Tavares sweepstakes. I visualized your statement as two disabled runners battling for second-last in the special olympics. Yes, even if the leafs are marginally a better team than the Sens are currently- they're still awful.
Porkchop73 Posted - 12/30/2008 : 03:58:57
quote:
Originally posted by Guest0962
Wow, this is a surprise, a leafs fan willing to admit that another team that is below them in the standings has more skill. Even bigger surprise is that a leafs fan putting another leafs fan in his place. What has this world come to?

Way to go Porkchop, keep the unbiasness up. Leaf nation has a chance yet with more people like you in it.

I am a true blue blood, I do not like the Ottawa Senators one bit, and I did not want to put Hanley6 in his place. Anyone has the right to their opinion and I know most Leaf fans tend to go overboard with their intensity. Actually most fans tend to put their team on pedestal over others. I understood and agreed with Hanleys stats proving the Leaf players on stats are performing better. In this case I wanted to make sure our new member wasn't letting his love of the leafs skew the difference between skill and performance. I will not deny Ottawa has more skill.
Also thankyou guest for your compliment. I love the game and try as hard as I can to be unbiased despite my actually despising of the Wings, Sens, and Habs.
Guest0962 Posted - 12/29/2008 : 18:05:11
quote:
Originally posted by Porkchop73

Well it is nice to see another die hard leaf fan become a member, try not to get to carried away and let your blue blood cloud your judgement. Although your stats show that the Leafs have more players with more points then the Ottawa players you are missing one key point or should I say 3. Alfredsson, Spezza, Heatley! Those three have more skill then pretty much all Leaf forwards. It is sad as a leaf fan to say that but it is pretty much the truth. You are correct in saying the me, me, me attitude in Ottawa is contributing to their poor play this year. They are also not buying into Hartsburgs system. As a leaf fan I am rejoicing in the fact that the leafs are playing better then Ottawa but reality is Ottawa is truly the better team and we may see that in the second half of the season.

Wow, this is a surprise, a leafs fan willing to admit that another team that is below them in the standings has more skill. Even bigger surprise is that a leafs fan putting another leafs fan in his place. What has this world come to?

Way to go Porkchop, keep the unbiasness up. Leaf nation has a chance yet with more people like you in it.
Porkchop73 Posted - 12/29/2008 : 14:32:39
Well it is nice to see another die hard leaf fan become a member, try not to get to carried away and let your blue blood cloud your judgement. Although your stats show that the Leafs have more players with more points then the Ottawa players you are missing one key point or should I say 3. Alfredsson, Spezza, Heatley! Those three have more skill then pretty much all Leaf forwards. It is sad as a leaf fan to say that but it is pretty much the truth. You are correct in saying the me, me, me attitude in Ottawa is contributing to their poor play this year. They are also not buying into Hartsburgs system. As a leaf fan I am rejoicing in the fact that the leafs are playing better then Ottawa but reality is Ottawa is truly the better team and we may see that in the second half of the season.
Matt_Roberts85 Posted - 12/29/2008 : 08:36:16
Well, they both stink.... Ottawa has more high end talent than the Leafs but the Leafs do seem to play better as a group. If the draft were to be held right now the sens would pick 5th and the leafs would pick 6th, so the difference between them is relativley small.

If only Ottawa didn't make so many roster decisions that have come back to bit them in the ass. Redden instead of Chara, losing 4 players in a trade/FA last year (corvo, eaves, commodore, stillman) and maybe even dealing Hossa for Heatley. While Heatley has been money in the bank for them offensivley, I don't think he's even close to being as responsible in his own end as Hossa is. Not to mention the long term signings of Emery and Gerber and multipible coaching changes.

Ottawa should be far and ahead of the mess the maple leafs created (the details of which are well documented and I shouldn't have to elaborate) but when you look at what Ottawa has done it doesn't make the Leafs seem that bad now does it? Haha, like I said at the top, they both stink so its kind of a moot point....

There is no "I" in team, but there is an "M" and an "E".

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page