Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Hockey History
 WORST NHL PLAYER

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
30LEAFSFAN Posted - 10/09/2008 : 17:15:46
WHO DO YOU THINK IS THE WORST NHL PLAYER EVER!
40   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Guest7170 Posted - 06/19/2012 : 22:34:04
Shawn Cronin it took him 3 years to score his first goal and ended up with 3-G 18-A 23-P in 292 carear games. how this guy made it to the nhl I dont know this guy sucks the bag and then some.
foolpittier Posted - 06/14/2012 : 15:13:07
Pete Skeeterson, worst ever
Guest4754 Posted - 06/12/2012 : 19:41:14
Gretzky . . . Keith Gretzky
MrBoogedy Posted - 06/10/2012 : 22:10:00
Of the currently active players, Scott Gomez. Most hated of all time, Sergei Berezin.
Guest6336 Posted - 06/10/2012 : 22:01:16
Raitis Ivanans
Guest0139 Posted - 04/20/2012 : 19:22:13
Steve "the puck goes inski" Buzinski. 9 carrear games played, 55 goals against
Guest2628 Posted - 04/20/2012 : 14:06:53
i seen chris dingman play junior in brandon and he got his arse kicked by a much smaller dude and i could skate circles around him. at the time i couldnt believe he made the whl.
Guest4624 Posted - 04/20/2012 : 08:50:49
sergei bautin - wpg jets
JOSHUACANADA Posted - 04/20/2012 : 08:29:47
Thought this might be the best place to post this. I seen a picture of Loungo holding a beer with a caption:

(I am Roberto Loungo. I dont always play like s***, but when I do, I like to play like s*** in the playoffs)

Priceless

However he is nowhere near the worst player in the league
Guest6072 Posted - 04/20/2012 : 07:04:17
I'm surprised the name Eddie Shack hasn't come up yet. Clearly a colourful player, but never mistaken for being talented. Clear the track, here comes Shack

Most of the names being discussed are not actually that bad, they're just playing (or played) below the level expected of them. Luongo is a good example. He is nowhere near the worst player ever, but his ability to choke in clutch situations makes him a target.

Honestly, the worst ever player would be someone so unremarkable, nobody would even remember his name.
Guest9960 Posted - 04/20/2012 : 06:39:23
Shawn Horcoff! Or as we like to call him DB Cooper. Biggest heist in history where the person who pulled it off disappeared never to be seen again!
Guest7479 Posted - 04/18/2012 : 09:51:02
Donald Brashear. As a Canucks fan, I still enjoy watching McSorley tap his head and that hang-on-in-fight goof fall and hit his stupid head. He was even on my team and I enjoyed watching that. After beating up his girlfriend, karma's a bitch eh donny?
Guest8696 Posted - 04/17/2012 : 21:56:50
I say the GOALIE who loses on the Stanley Cup FINAL!!!!.......SEE IF HE CHOKE'S UP OR GET'S RUBBER LEGS!!!!...... LOL (GOOD ENOUGH SAID!!!)
Alex116 Posted - 04/17/2012 : 11:41:47
quote:
Originally posted by Guest8384

Clatts

I think the reason why so many people hate Vancouver is they have this arrogance that they have actually won something when in fact they have not. When they lost last year I thought that would would fix it. I believe they won the President's cup, had the #1 PP, #1 PK, and I think the most goals for and still lost.

Also with a team that consists of Lapierre, Burrows, Kesler you are going to be hated. All they do is yap, and dive all over the place. I would love to see the Bruins play them in old time hockey, no refs. Police yourself and see how much yapping any of them do.

Personally I like Roberto, always have. I think he has to be moved, I said that last year win or lose he should be gone.

That's my rant

I would love to see someone explain this widespread feeling that Canucks fans "arrogance that they have actually won something when in fact they have not."??? I heard that so much last year that it made me sick, and i don't get it? FYI, when any team has had as successful a year as they did going into the playoffs last year, their fan base is bound to be confident. Where is this "arrogance that they've won something"? I figure one person said this and suddenly those who hate the Canucks for other reasons (including some of those you addressed which i would say are justified like the diving, whining, etc) jumped on board and this theory spread. Unless someone can show me this arrogance of having won, i guess i won't get it?

As for playing in old time hockey that really would be interesting. However, the Canucks team you see today wasn't built for the 60's, it was built for the game they play today so to imply what you are, really is absurd.

Hate'm all you want, but at least have some sound reasons for the hatred!
Guest8384 Posted - 04/17/2012 : 11:25:26
Clatts

I think the reason why so many people hate Vancouver is they have this arrogance that they have actually won something when in fact they have not. When they lost last year I thought that would would fix it. I believe they won the President's cup, had the #1 PP, #1 PK, and I think the most goals for and still lost.

Also with a team that consists of Lapierre, Burrows, Kesler you are going to be hated. All they do is yap, and dive all over the place. I would love to see the Bruins play them in old time hockey, no refs. Police yourself and see how much yapping any of them do.

Personally I like Roberto, always have. I think he has to be moved, I said that last year win or lose he should be gone.

That's my rant
JOSHUACANADA Posted - 04/17/2012 : 10:28:14
Worst return on a contract Gomez is right up there. Worst player playing today in the NHL, there are a few names I would put ahead of him.
Guest4425 Posted - 04/17/2012 : 10:20:14
Gomez should have been the first player mentioned in this thread
Guest4425 Posted - 04/17/2012 : 10:19:25
Gomez should have been the first player mentioned in this thread
Guest4779 Posted - 04/17/2012 : 08:16:20
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4648

Igor Ulanov or Sergei Bautin!

you got it on. the two worst NHL defence ever to play in the league.
Guest5506 Posted - 04/14/2012 : 07:26:19
I meant for the person who wrote Wade Belak as the worst player, is an idiot.
Guest5506 Posted - 04/14/2012 : 07:23:36
You're an idiot!!!
Guest7947 Posted - 04/14/2012 : 00:43:17
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4772

Hal Gill

I AGREE 100%! HAL GILL IS A WASTE OF SPACE. I HAVE BEEN SAYING THIS FOR YEARS.
Guest4772 Posted - 04/13/2012 : 22:18:55
Hal Gill
Clatts Posted - 03/12/2012 : 10:31:03
quote:
Originally posted by Alex116

Leigh, Clatts, Beans, et al.....
I want to preface this by reminding everyone that i'm far from Luongo's biggest fan. I think he's good (prob top 3-7 in the league) but i'm not saying he's the best. Funny though, the majority always claims Lundqvist is the best, yet not only has he not won a cup either, he's actually not been very successful in the playoffs!

What blows me away with Luongo is the fact that he was 1 win away from a Stanley Cup Championship and some even said if he came away with a 1-0 or 2-0 win that he may have stolen the Conn Smythe from Thomas. Personally, i don't think so as i believe Thomas' name was engraved on it the night before game 7.

However, i've said it before, and i'll say it again. Luongo will NEVER win over some of the "haters" no matter what he does. He won a gold medal and to them, Canada won in spite of Luongo. They'd prob have the same attitude if the Canucks had won the cup! He won an overtime game AND two 1-0 shutouts! His team got him a grand total of 8 goals in support of him in 7 freakin' games!!!

I can only imagine the comments / excuses those who hate him would have come up with if he'd won that game 7!

Being hated for you successes is the ongoing trend of anyone associated with the Canucks. Im not sure if its the fans attitude or the lack of personality on the team or the infamous riot or if the Sedin twins are actually just THAT ugly but for one reason or another the Canucks are hated by everyone outside of B.C.

Forgot to login

"Most of the guys that wear them are Europeans and French Guys."
Don Cherry on Visors
Guest4085 Posted - 03/12/2012 : 10:29:56
quote:
Originally posted by Alex116

I want to preface this by reminding everyone that i'm far from Luongo's biggest fan. I think he's good (prob top 3-7 in the league) but i'm not saying he's the best. Funny though, the majority always claims Lundqvist is the best, yet not only has he not won a cup either, he's actually not been very successful in the playoffs!

What blows me away with Luongo is the fact that he was 1 win away from a Stanley Cup Championship and some even said if he came away with a 1-0 or 2-0 win that he may have stolen the Conn Smythe from Thomas. Personally, i don't think so as i believe Thomas' name was engraved on it the night before game 7.

However, i've said it before, and i'll say it again. Luongo will NEVER win over some of the "haters" no matter what he does. He won a gold medal and to them, Canada won in spite of Luongo. They'd prob have the same attitude if the Canucks had won the cup! He won an overtime game AND two 1-0 shutouts! His team got him a grand total of 8 goals in support of him in 7 freakin' games!!!

I can only imagine the comments / excuses those who hate him would have come up with if he'd won that game 7!

Being hated for you successes is the ongoing trend of anyone associated with the Canucks. Im not sure if its the fans attitude or the lack of personality on the team or the infamous riot or if the Sedin twins are actually just THAT ugly but for one reason or another the Canucks are hated by everyone outside of B.C.
Guest0443 Posted - 03/10/2012 : 09:08:16
Gomez!!! name another player who gets paid 7.5 million to score two goals???
Guest7442 Posted - 03/10/2012 : 08:04:20
anyone who plays on the 2011/2012 leafs
Alex116 Posted - 03/09/2012 : 15:59:35

foolpittier Posted - 03/09/2012 : 15:27:04
quote:
Originally posted by Stamkos a Hab

If goalies count I'll say Peter Sidorwicz. The 1992-1993 goalie of the Sens. Why 8-32-9. FINAL

Sucks 2 be the rest of ya

Dont blame pete, that team licked, voted wost team ever, by me
leigh Posted - 03/09/2012 : 14:14:55
LOL! In my previous post Penner's name slipped my mind so I googled "Hockey Pancakes" and his name was first on the list of returns. I love it!!! Is he more infamous for his offer sheet contract or his pancake eating injury. Oh man, I'd want to crawl under a rock.
leigh Posted - 03/09/2012 : 14:10:02
quote:
Originally posted by Clatts

I just think he gets a bad rap because 1. He is over paid, which is not his fault. 2. Much like Miller in buffalo he has a good back-up and EVERYBODY loves the back-up, everyone is rooting for the Schnider because it's human nature to want to se the underdog win. But in a single game or single season i would take Luongo over Schnider and Miller over Enroth and Tomas over Rask for that matter

Don Cherry on Visors

One hundred percent in agreement Clatts.

He's a stellar goal tender that is a go-to guy. He's just had a monkey on his back for a couple years. I think he shrugged it off last playoffs. Look for them to go to the finals again - I think I just puked up a little bit.

As for worst player - I don't really know? There are many one-game wonders who are obviously not that good by NHL standards. But as for well established players, off the top of my head I could go Darian Hatcher as far as over rated. Maybe Hemsky, Gomez or Penner - all also EXTREMELY over rated. Not bad players at all, but when you go for the cash and don't deliver then you shoot your reputation in the foot. I have to base my decision on dollars to delivery.
Stamkos a Hab Posted - 03/09/2012 : 12:26:47
If goalies count I'll say Peter Sidorwicz. The 1992-1993 goalie of the Sens. Why 8-32-9. FINAL

Sucks 2 be the rest of ya
Beans15 Posted - 03/09/2012 : 10:46:24
Really great points Clatts and I agree completely. Luongo also has that reputation of not playing his best in the most important situations. However, I completely agree that if I am going into the playoffs or have a key win I need, Luongo is ahead of Schneider.
Clatts Posted - 03/09/2012 : 10:16:35
I just think he gets a bad rap because 1. He is over paid, which is not his fault. 2. Much like Miller in buffalo he has a good back-up and EVERYBODY loves the back-up, everyone is rooting for the Schnider because it's human nature to want to se the underdog win. But in a single game or single season i would take Luongo over Schnider and Miller over Enroth and Tomas over Rask for that matter

Don Cherry on Visors
Lee Marshall Posted - 03/09/2012 : 08:58:17
Not saying Luongo is the worst. He's a middle to upper middle goal tender. Just way over-rated. Doesn't mean I didn't cheer for him last year in the finals or 2 years back at he 2010 games. I even have him as my goalie in this years' pool. I don't "hate" him. He just lets me down too frequently. He's a bit of a sieve.

Who the cap fits...Let them wear it.
Alex116 Posted - 03/08/2012 : 17:05:30
Clatts, i don't think anyone's serious, they're either like me and they're frustrated, or they're like others who are Luongo haters. Same as the guest who just said Mason Raymond. Let's face it, he's not in the top 100 players in the league, but he's not the "worst NHL player" either!
Guest6194 Posted - 03/08/2012 : 16:59:22
Mason Raymond
Clatts Posted - 03/08/2012 : 16:30:17
Bobby Lou being names in a WORST PLAYER EVER forum is the most ridiculous thing ive ever heard, and im a Flames fan. He may be overpaid and have a good back-up but worst player ever!? He's still one of the top 10 goalies in the league.

Don Cherry on Visors
Lee Marshall Posted - 03/07/2012 : 07:50:35
True Alex. But those face plants he performs on a consistent basis...freak me out the most. The guy is two stories tall. What the heck is he doing diving towards the guy with the puck? I mean versus the Bruins OK. When facing a bear you're supposed to make yourself look smaller and non threatening. Otherwise...the guy's a LOT of a chump.

Who the cap fits...Let them wear it.
Alex116 Posted - 03/07/2012 : 07:42:40
quote:
Originally posted by Lee Marshall

I do too. Luongo is over-rated to the extreme as far as I'm concerned. If it ain't sliding easily 'tween his apendages...he's lying face down on the ice and the puck sails over him into the empty cage.

You forgot to mention the fact that he loses his stick at least once a game too!

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page