Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Eastern Conference -Metropolitan Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Pittsburgh
 Malkin have heart?

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Datsyuk 1 Posted - 06/01/2008 : 00:48:57
I was wondering if Malkin has heart... like my Dad is telling me he doesn't and he is saying Crosby does. I'm not stero typing Russian's or anything, I just really want to know if he does or not? Also please don't get mad about this topic... I really think he does but i'm kind of confused. So does he have heart or not?

>>>Wing<<< for the cup!
12   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Guest9544 Posted - 02/21/2009 : 02:24:37
no.. Crosby is the heart of Pittsburgh
hanley6 Posted - 01/04/2009 : 05:08:43
Malkin is the heart and soul of Pittsburgh, not Crosby. Malkin works his ass off both ends of the ice he's not only better than Crosby offensively but defensively too, Malkin can take a hit and dish it out. And unlike Crosby, Malkin doesn't give up
Pasty7 Posted - 06/08/2008 : 09:50:05
quote:
Originally posted by Datsyuk 1

Yeah, I have known a little pattern in the last couple years about Russian's. All of them have skill and three quarters of them are really lazy, like let's see Yashin, Bure, Malkin (I have noticed he hasn't been his usually self and he has had no heart what so ever this playoffs) ect. Russian's are just soo much fun to watch because they have soo much skill and they do some stuff I wouldn't even think of doing although most of them have no heart and that is what I hate about watching those Russian's.

Time to golf!

i wouldn't include bure

Pasty
Datsyuk 1 Posted - 06/04/2008 : 20:04:05
Yeah, I have known a little pattern in the last couple years about Russian's. All of them have skill and three quarters of them are really lazy, like let's see Yashin, Bure, Malkin (I have noticed he hasn't been his usually self and he has had no heart what so ever this playoffs) ect. Russian's are just soo much fun to watch because they have soo much skill and they do some stuff I wouldn't even think of doing although most of them have no heart and that is what I hate about watching those Russian's.

Time to golf!
Pasty7 Posted - 06/03/2008 : 17:42:24
quote:
Originally posted by fat_elvis_rocked

Hi Datsyuk 1,

Ask your Dad to tell you about a guy named Alexei Yashin..or maybe you know about him yourself, you sound like an avid hockey fan. I'm really hoping Malkin isn't another Yashin, but if the last couple of rounds and last night's game in particular are any indicator....

At first I thought he was just in a slump...last night's game made me rethink that...he looked lazy, with the odd flash of offence that was stymied, at which point he started to get pouty and create bad bounces for himself. All that talent...hopefully maturity will help him realize that passion/heart are as important and he can find his touch and carry it through to the playoffs.

PS. Sorry Pasty...saw your reference to Yahin after I posted...you know what I'm getting at then....

no worries fat elvis glad to see someone else sees what i see,, i'm afraid malkin is a yashin,,, or afraid either or makes for a rough career

Pasty
Guest5372 Posted - 06/03/2008 : 13:47:26
Anyone see how slowly he got up after being decked at the side of the nets last night?
Guest9671 Posted - 06/03/2008 : 07:45:51
plain and simple, Mike Richards scared the S**T out of Malkin. After watching the game (can't remember which one) where Malkin elbowed Briere in the head, Richards got pissed and decided to make it his personal mission to destroy Malkin. I would say he definitely accomplished that. The rest of that game, Richards either beaked, bashed or slashed Malkin, and i think it scared him.

Now we come to the Cup finals. where has Malkin gone? he has disappeared. It's either because he is soft and shying away from the physical contact that Detroit so dearly loves, or he is hurt. But last night, I saw him pull some things that if it was anyone else (besides Crosby and maybe Hossa) he would have been benched for the period.

I really hope he is just in a funk or has an injured foot/hand or something, because if he is just becoming lazy and careless, he will most likely re-affirm the "russians don't care" claim.
Guest5372 Posted - 06/02/2008 : 13:46:37
Watching the Philly series, I can't remember the exact game, but Philly roughed him up a bit, he seemed to be tentative and shying away from contact. I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt and say that he may be injured.

If at the end of the season, we find out he was not hurt, I'd say he has no heart. You can't disappear from the playoff like that based on lack of experience alone.
n/a Posted - 06/02/2008 : 04:46:35
It's really too early to tell, IMO.

It's his second year in the playoffs, and he is just coming into his own as a superstar player . . . it takes time to adjust to the level of forechecking, coverage and attention (both on and off the ice) that comes with that, especially in the later rounds of the playoffs. The Pens are sure to be playoff performers for the next couple of years at least, I think, so we shall see.

Personally, I have seen him make some lazy looking rushes, and some great inspired efforts that have come up short. I think he is totally unused to the amount of abuse a star player can expect in the playoffs, and it is getting to him. He needs to fight through it, and I actually think he will. He's quite mature for his age, it's just "growing pains" in my mind.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
fat_elvis_rocked Posted - 06/01/2008 : 22:28:16
Hi Datsyuk 1,

Ask your Dad to tell you about a guy named Alexei Yashin..or maybe you know about him yourself, you sound like an avid hockey fan. I'm really hoping Malkin isn't another Yashin, but if the last couple of rounds and last night's game in particular are any indicator....

At first I thought he was just in a slump...last night's game made me rethink that...he looked lazy, with the odd flash of offence that was stymied, at which point he started to get pouty and create bad bounces for himself. All that talent...hopefully maturity will help him realize that passion/heart are as important and he can find his touch and carry it through to the playoffs.

PS. Sorry Pasty...saw your reference to Yahin after I posted...you know what I'm getting at then....
Guest8815 Posted - 06/01/2008 : 12:44:12
I don't think he'd be living if he didn't.
Pasty7 Posted - 06/01/2008 : 11:21:21
makin in my opinion with the way he plays will have a typical russian's career few years of greatness then a few years of goodness, then a few years of normal with a few great years here and there,,, ovetchkin however i think will have a sergei federov type russian career where he will be a constant great,, the reason i bring ovie into this is because i do not want anyone to say im bias against russians,,, the sterotype is there for a reason,, guys like samsonov kovalev yashin and many others i have created this terrible rept and im afraid malkin will do as they did sighn the big contract and his numbers will drop,,,

Pasty

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page